Career Officer
With the addition in game of the Fleet SB system, and the cost associated with purchasing Fleet items, ships and such, isn't it time for a increase in daily dilithium refinement cap?
Career Officer
# 2
10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttyler View Post
With the addition in game of the Fleet SB system, and the cost associated with purchasing Fleet items, ships and such, isn't it time for a increase in daily dilithium refinement cap?
In Champions 1000 Day Veterans saw their Dilithium-equivalent (called Questionite) refinement cap double. Though I doubt that will happen here. It's much easier to earn your daily cap of Dilithium. Doubling the limit for Questionite, when almost no one was reaching the old limit, was something of a token gesture. Here it would actually have meaning.
# 3
10-09-2012, 09:59 AM
The really can't increase the daily refining cap too much because then you would have lot more dil flooding the market which would serve to lower the value of dil.

IIRC, there is an 800 day vet perk DOff mission to refine a bit more dil?
Career Officer
# 4
10-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes there is, for 1,000 more Dilithium I think. Takes two days to complete though. http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_P...ined_Dilithium
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Rihannsu
# 5
10-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Yes there is, for 1,000 more Dilithium I think. Takes two days to complete though. http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_P...ined_Dilithium
Heck, easier to farm contraband and turn it in every 5hrs or so.
Career Officer
# 6
10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Heck, easier to farm contraband and turn it in every 5hrs or so.
You don't GET dilithium for the assignment. You spend unrefined and get refined.

It's a way of bypassing the cap if you routinely get over 8k ore in a day.
Career Officer
# 7
10-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Raising the cap is a method Cryptic can use to lower the dilithium exchange rate. Seeing as the price right now is fairly low, I don't see them doing this until they find the magic item that makes C-points valuable again.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
# 8
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
Raising the cap is a method Cryptic can use to lower the dilithium exchange rate. Seeing as the price right now is fairly low, I don't see them doing this until they find the magic item that makes C-points valuable again.
I think, general, they want to devalue dilithium but only as its buying power per Cryptic point elevates so they'd need extra dil sinks.

In other words, it's good for Cryptic if the conversion is 25 dil per Zen, without sacrificing volume of transactions. The trick is that they can't or shouldn't fix it because the goal should be to honestly drive the market there by ramping up enthusiasm and demand via effective Zen and dilithium sinks. 25 dil per Zen should be the goal but the invisible hand needs to be what takes us there. It will if Cryptic maximizes their revenues on both sides while creating compelling gameplay.

Effectively, the more Zen buying power dilithium has, the more that's a vote of confidence in the value of gameplay, provided that Zen revenue is steady.

Zen being able to buy a lot of dilithium coupled with less steady revenues is, over the long run, a market vote of no confidence in the value of gameplay.

Steady revenues without a lot of Zen buying power per dilithium indicates players would rather pay than play and that gameplay is in a bad state compared to purchased status.

Unsteady revenues with a lot of Zen buying power per dilithium is indicative of a divided userbase. It means you have a market of people more interested in paying than playing but they value the game less than the people who are actively playing it.
Career Officer
# 9
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
And they absolutely SHOULD fix it by what they put in the game, just not by acting as an agent on the exchange to any sizable degree.

Which means if they are giving employees Zen in any kind of large numbers (for testing/bonuses), they should really mandate that the points be spent on the C-Store and just give them a matching amount of dilithium rather than risk employees on private accounts skewing the exchange. The exchange is basically their diagnostic tool. If it's doing what it should, it's a better barometer than these forums or any poll they could run.

It could be turned into a daily or hourly approval rating.
Community Moderator
# 10
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll just go on record now saying that I will never part with 1 Zen for only 25 Dil, not when things in-game tend to cost thousands of Dilithium.

There is such a thing as monetary value. Zen represents real cash that actually funds the game. Speaking as someone who buys Zen every month, I would like to see that monetary value preserved at least to some degree of balance. As it is, I don't like buying Dilithium off the exchange.

Yes, Dilithium represents people playing the game, sort of. If you equate grinding specific content over and over with playing. I for one can't get anywhere near the 8k cap per day on even one of my characters, let alone all of them.

As far as I'm concerned, all those projects and items that cost Dilithium can degrade into the bits and bytes that spawned them if the exchange rate ever gets that inequitable. It will simply prove that Cryptic has failed to provide equitable value for Zen, and I'll stop buying it if that happens.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek