Commander
# 91
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Why does Cryptic have to get me all excited that I'm going to get something extra when all I'm getting is something now Ive already earned over 99.9% of and would get next week anyway.

That's not a new benefit if the original people who bought a LTS don't get anything.

This is kind of like the time they used the beta access to Neverwinter as a "new benefit". That doesn't even have anything to do with STO and beta testing is something we give cryptic its not something they give us anyway.

They could have at least given me a couple weeks in the new ship while it would be somewhat rare.
Career Officer
# 92
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow I havent been this ticked since i left for tor, been actually happy coming back from TOR, but to see this what a slap in the face to anyone who has been here since launch, that your going to offer everything to anyone who buys a lts now and give them all the perks we all had to wait for, and still waiting, thanx alot for making us feel so special and supporting you guys since start.. bravo cryptic and pwe.. you sure show your character.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Empire Veteran
# 93
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Wow I havent been this ticked since i left for tor, been actually happy coming back from TOR, but to see this what a slap in the face to anyone who has been here since launch, that your going to offer everything to anyone who buys a lts now and give them all the perks we all had to wait for, and still waiting, thanx alot for making us feel so special and supporting you guys since start.. bravo cryptic and pwe.. you sure show your character.
I've been here since launch (Open Beta even), and I think this is a great show of support
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Rihannsu
# 94
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
I just wish that Cryptic gave a time of exclusivity for the 1000-day veterans to have this ship and play with it. Perhaps along with 1000-day, do the $200 sale for 1 month.

Then, perhaps on the 3-year anniversary, let LTS'ers get everything the moment they pay $300 for the LTS (and of course retroactively for all LTS'ers). Also then announce a 1000-someodd day exclusive title, "Founder of the Federation" perhaps, to distinguish them from "I got everything at once" LTS'ers.

I think that would have appeased everyone...or at least, upset fewer.
That would have made sense. Those are fantastic ideas! I really like the "Founder of the Federation" title since the other one is now completely meaningless. They really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory here. What should have been a celebration for many of us seems tainted (again).
Starfleet Veteran
# 95
10-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Sigh, So much for a special reward for being with the game almost 3 years

Production Assistant & Art Director
Career Officer
# 96
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Thank you for doing this. As a 600 day subscriber I missed many of the perks which the current people approaching 1000 days got and so at least now we are on a level playing field.

For those interested in what us newer litetimes missed out on, I refer to the abolishing of the old currencies and the transfer to dilithium at F2P. The old lifers previously got a nice quantity of emblems for free at 500 days and they got transferred into dilithium. If they had got too many emblems though, including their free 250 per character they were awarded a free Veteran Boff which nobody else could or can ever get any more.

Do not be thinking they are losing unique stuff remember they have had access to stuff the rest of us can only dream about.
Rihannsu
# 97
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I feel like I ran a marathon only to find out everyone took a bus to the finish line.

I say that with having 35 days to go.

I wanted more lifer perks because I was looking at "more to come" on the lifetime perks page for years but this isn't what I had in mind at least keep the forum title for those who reached 1000 days
Career Officer
# 98
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks again Cryptic for showing yet again how little we really matter.
Career Officer
# 99
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Will consider buying a LTS.

Old lifers may feel undervalued now but they should consider that any new lifer means new long-term players in the game, more ressources for the dev team, and more content at the end of the day.
See cryptic.. even people who aren't lifetime subs and would get all the rewards in one big swoop are saying this wasn't a wise move due to you under-valuing the people who actually waited 1000 days for theirs.

Subscribed For: 975 days
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 10-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Rihannsu
# 100
10-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Although I am happy to "share my toys" as it were with people who bought Lifetime Subs after the supposedly limited time frame (and you all will like the perks if you haven't reached them yet), I know I personally will never pay another cent of my own money at the Cryptic Store ever again. That will be my own little protest and I recommend that other 1,000 Day Subscribers follow suit if they also feel a bit betrayed by this. It's not that I don't want others to be able to enjoy these items, it's just that for a brief time this was actually kind of exciting and felt special. That special feeling is pretty much gone at this point. So from now on I'll live in-game entirely off of my stipend and won't be contributing any more funds to this game.