Starfleet Veteran
# 111
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
This makes veteran rewards completely pointless. Just a another money grab before we hit the bottom of this downward slide into oblivion.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 112
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
this would be good if the LTS model. didnt suck. you get minuscule buffs and minor convientances every 100-days, a higher credit cap that an f2p player can buy not like in champs where your shoehorned, more inventory ie acutal inventory bank and accoun account bank, about 5 bucks worth of cashshop points, i'm glad i bought mine about a year before f2p started. i got more out of it.

the whole system of perks need a severe look to make it less of a joke
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I was approaching 700 days. I'm glad I will get the ship before it is obsolete. The only thing missing is the 10th console slot.
Starfleet Veteran
# 114
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheatitan View Post
I feel like I ran a marathon only to find out everyone took a bus to the finish line.
[2]

Since Star Trek Online launched in February 2010, we have thanked our loyal subscribers and lifetime members through the Veteran?s Rewards program. We know you have many options in choosing where to spend your time, so it means so much to us that you choose to spend it here

how I feel now
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Career Officer
# 115
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
This whole complaining about the price is just silly to me i bought it when it was $299.99 and am just fine with the price they have here because i enjoy the things i can get as a Life timer but hearing people complain about the price is almost as silly as complaing about gas prices going up
Career Officer
# 116
10-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcush View Post
This whole complaining about the price is just silly to me i bought it when it was $299.99 and am just fine with the price they have here because i enjoy the things i can get as a Life timer but hearing people complain about the price is almost as silly as complaing about gas prices going up
Uhmm we are complaining about the days not the price no one is as far as i could tell?
Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
Career Officer
# 117
10-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwhite0 View Post
[2]

Since Star Trek Online launched in February 2010, we have thanked our loyal subscribers and lifetime members through the Veteran?s Rewards program. We know you have many options in choosing where to spend your time, so it means so much to us that you choose to spend it here

how I feel now
That's hilarious. And so true. This line really stands out:

Quote:
We know you have many options in choosing where to spend your time, so it means so much to us that you choose to spend it here
This action says that it means precisely nothing to Cryptic that we've chosen to spend our time here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 118
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I?m done. With playing?? Heck no! But they got my last sub money in September. I am/was a 6 month player from day one. I always said I was going to bail from paying if the vet was going to end. To me the vet rewards ending meant that payer support was ending. Why stay pay???? I have bought slots for BO's 18 BO's by the way. I bought toon slots even thou I only play one. I also bought bank slots. I don?t create on the foundry. I do enjoy playing it!. But they got my last sub. I assume I will get to keep my Vet title but wondering if I also get the forum header.

I always said it was a slap in the face to the players when they ended vet rewards. Now I hear today that anyone from today on that buys life will get the ship the day they buy life. So is it a cstore ship? Well no you cant buy it on cstore but yes you can buy it. If killing vet rewards was a slap this is a punch to all beta/launch lifers. Kind of even a punch to me because all people need to do is discover the game buy life and get the ship before me. Yea I will get it in like 2 weeks but still I hope you can see how its a knock to the people like me who have paid from day one but not bought life.

Cryptic it's a great way to bring more lifers in 4SURE! Coming from a business man you have really threw your "current" customers to the curb. If not lifers because heck you got there money! You tossed me to the curb. Well Ill get back up and hop back on the train to the stars. I love it! But ill buy my keys and everything else I can on the exchange and leave my sub money at home.
Lieutenant
# 119
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I think you guys are missing the point here. As a LTM you are going to be eligible for all the vet awards anyway, automatically, you could log off and log back in 3 years later and pick them all up without supporting the game at all after the initial investment. The people that pay subs are still going to have to wait the required time anyway, so they will have to support the game for each hundred days to pick up the next award. I'm at 641 days so have had many of the awards, I am also a LTM and I am pleased that new LTMs will see a huge packet of goodies included with their large one-off purchase. Hopefully it will encourage more to come off F2P or Subs and make a large initial investment into the game.
Yes, I agree. Main points in bullet form.

1.) As a new lifetime member you would EVENTUALLY get the ship and other rewards anyway. For people who are not 1000 Vets, this is a huge plus.

2.) People who sub month-to-month still have to wait. They are still Vet Rewards because a month-to-month player still gets them. I remember when both this game and my former game (City of Heroes) implemented veteran rewards people asked if you paid for your subscription in 3 month or more increments would you get the vet rewards you would get up front. They COULD have implemented it this way but they did not. Now they changed it, but only for LTM.

3.) Whatever you think of the new ships, the fact is that people will want them. Making these ships non-attainable will make the current long-term LTM's happy, but it will discourage many more people who have NO REASONABLE access to get the ship, other than waiting three years.

4.) To the current LTM's I know you are mad because this is one of the few things YOU get for your status, but really there was almost NO reason for anyone new to become a LTM. Only the calculation of whether you have put in enough months to get more zen out then what you paid for.

5.) "WHAAAA! SOMEONE NEW GETS THE SAME AS ME!" This isn't really true. Lets say you took advantage of the $200 lifetime sale at launch. (I was in at launch but not lifetime but remember there was a sale like this then.)

There is a huge difference between the beta LTM and the new LTM. For one, you got access to the game for the entirety of its time before FTP. I played 4 months of paid time during that time and I paid $60. If I decide to go LTM now because of this, you still got months more playtime and paid $60 less for it than I did. Plus the 500 zen/month since FTP started that you got.

A Beta LTM still has lots more than a new LTM.
Empire Veteran
# 120
10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Closing in on the end of the fiscal year.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.