Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Personally, I'm glad about this. I'll admit it. I'm a big uniform person and now I will get access to the cool Jupiter uniform variants. I think it is an excellent marketing strategy, though not very nice to the people who paid for 1000 days of STO time. On the other hand, if you are willing to sink $200-$300 in at once, you are pretty dedicated. I only did this with the last lifetime sale. Sure I just technically became gold in July and am only a 200-day veteran right now, but that was because I let my sub lapse after 6 months in the game. With a year long hiatus in there, I've been playing STO since beta.

I'll say that I've been a bit ticked by people who just rant about how the lifetime subs just let essentially 1 day veterans (if they never subscribed before) get the 1000 day vet rewards. Sure there will be people who do that, but ranting about it offends me because I've been here since before day 1. Why should the fact that I didn't have the money to go lifetime or continue my sub then mean that I am somehow cheating to get those ships with a lifetime sub?
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats