Starfleet Veteran
# 121
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Personally, I'm glad about this. I'll admit it. I'm a big uniform person and now I will get access to the cool Jupiter uniform variants. I think it is an excellent marketing strategy, though not very nice to the people who paid for 1000 days of STO time. On the other hand, if you are willing to sink $200-$300 in at once, you are pretty dedicated. I only did this with the last lifetime sale. Sure I just technically became gold in July and am only a 200-day veteran right now, but that was because I let my sub lapse after 6 months in the game. With a year long hiatus in there, I've been playing STO since beta.

I'll say that I've been a bit ticked by people who just rant about how the lifetime subs just let essentially 1 day veterans (if they never subscribed before) get the 1000 day vet rewards. Sure there will be people who do that, but ranting about it offends me because I've been here since before day 1. Why should the fact that I didn't have the money to go lifetime or continue my sub then mean that I am somehow cheating to get those ships with a lifetime sub?
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats
Career Officer
# 122
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Thank you for doing this. As a 600 day subscriber I missed many of the perks which the current people approaching 1000 days got and so at least now we are on a level playing field.

For those interested in what us newer litetimes missed out on, I refer to the abolishing of the old currencies and the transfer to dilithium at F2P. The old lifers previously got a nice quantity of emblems for free at 500 days and they got transferred into dilithium. If they had got too many emblems though, including their free 250 per character they were awarded a free Veteran Boff which nobody else could or can ever get any more.

Do not be thinking they are losing unique stuff remember they have had access to stuff the rest of us can only dream about.
Those that got too many badges got less dilithium per badge so many started to spend their badges before the conversion (including myself) only to be told a week later that those that end up with more than 100k dilithium would get access to the special veteran BOFF.

Have a guess how many missed that special reward (in reality it was a compensation) because they announced the diminished return of dilithium one week before they announced the BOFF?

Do you think we got access to that DOFF even after multiple complaints on how the news was given to us? Nope, not even a single reply.

And now this? I have waited 1000 days (almost 3 years) for this so called "veteran" reward and now all the sudden someone that starts the game tomorrow can get the LTS and become a 1000 day veteran without even knowing what a hypospray is or how to move their characters.

Until now other players could look at my ship or character and see that I have been with the game for a long time, now I will just be one of the new guys that has thrown in lots of money to get the shinnies and don't have a clue what they are doing.

What is next? Include playable liberated Borg captain as a regular Gold member subscription so that everyone that pays 15$ gets permanent access to them?
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Captain
Brandon finally took the plunge and bought the 3 month revolving membership sale about 50 days ago. Had already spent $350 on the game so why not go gold.

Now if I buy this New LTS sale what happens to the last 40 days of that Gold sale - would I get a credit?

Thanks
Career Officer
# 124
10-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Brandon finally took the plunge and bought the 3 month revolving membership sale about 50 days ago. Had already spent $350 on the game so why not go gold.

Now if I buy this New LTS sale what happens to the last 40 days of that Gold sale - would I get a credit?

Thanks
Im certain u would not get that.

And indeed as Rohirrim says, I spended as much as posible tokens that i had, only to find out u could get a Boff if u had more than 100k dill.. That was a backstab also..

Also ( altho doubtfull ) I do want to know if an offical someone is reading this is, and what there take is on this? Be it bad or good, Speak ur mind. Let us know why this is happening. SAY ATLEAST SOMETHING!

Even if it is a crappy, guys we are sorry but the dissension is made.
Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
Lt. Commander
Somebody wrote on the main site comments: "Is S7 the last?" .. Well no ST series got an 8th season, so you may be right.

On the other hand ... this is a great pain to those players who gave their support from the earliest beginning. Those who trusted the game will live on with it's problems solved. I'm a F2P player here, got only a 10-day trial from Alienware, but I still have that character as main for the gold bonuses. Apart from that I followed the state of the game since the beginning and I have to say: ALL HAIL THOSE 1000 DAY VETERANS! FOR FAITHFULNESS! ... and kill this LTS-option you typed down here. I know it's business ... but it's a bad one!
Being here since 2011 Spring
Starfleet Veteran
# 126
10-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Just for the sake of not typing out what I've already said on the subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
The funny thing is how history repeats itself. I remember when CoH did something similar when they went F2P. If you bought enough Paragon Points, you could go right up the rewards ranks to get the same stuff subscribers who'd been playing for years earned through the (former) Vet Rewards program.

So I'll just say now what I said a few years ago on that other game: if two player spend the same amount of cash, one over time and another up-front, haven't they both equally contributed to the welfare of the game? If so, what is the difference? If you decide to go all-in with a LT sub now, and I decided to do it years ago, haven't we both put in the same monetary investment to the game?

Pay to earn? Why not? Look over at the C-Store and tell me it's not the same thing. You invest in the game (you keep the devs paid), you earn things.

If you're using the LT Sub perks as a gauge to tell vets from newbs, ur doin it wrong anyhow. What's an experienced newb compared to a veteran? What's a vet who acts like a jerk compared to a newb?

So tell me what the problem really is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
(...) what does it matter if someone forks out loads of money (for sub time or a LT sub) and then waits 1000 days, or someone forks out loads of money and waits 1 day? Either way, isn't someone forking out loads of money? x=x for some x in the realm or real numbers, right?
I've been here since almost Day 1, and I have to say: I don't care if you bought into a LT Sub 3 years ago or 3 days ago. You support the game in one of the most severe ways. Congratulations!

As for the players who feel like they have lost something simply because other players who decided to take the LT Sub leap later or just discovered the game no get rewarded up-front for doubling-down, their opinion to me is irrelevant.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 10-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Captain
# 127
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
OMG, I can't believe all the crying from the vets over this. Like getting their 400 day reward 600 days early wasn't enough, and enjoying the game all these years.

It's a relief knowing that if I buy a LTS tomorrow I'll get the awards instead of hoping STO will be around 3+ years from now and can claim the 3 year old ship.

Way to kill it for us new players you crybabies !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 128
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek93 View Post
I'll say that I've been a bit ticked by people who just rant about how the lifetime subs just let essentially 1 day veterans (if they never subscribed before) get the 1000 day vet rewards. Sure there will be people who do that, but ranting about it offends me because I've been here since before day 1. Why should the fact that I didn't have the money to go lifetime or continue my sub then mean that I am somehow cheating to get those ships with a lifetime sub?
You wouldn't be cheated. When you hit 1,000 days being a paid subscriber you too would have access to the ship. That's why it was called a "Veteran's Reward" - to reward players who have been supporting the game financially through subscriptions for that long.
Republic Veteran
# 129
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcush View Post
This whole complaining about the price is just silly to me i bought it when it was $299.99 and am just fine with the price they have here because i enjoy the things i can get as a Life timer but hearing people complain about the price is almost as silly as complaing about gas prices going up
it's not the price thats the issue. altho some do make a valid point that other games with lifer start at $200 anyway not 300. so offer 100 off is actually the common price for other games. so in lifer game land that not actually that great a deal when comparing to others. thats what some people are saying with price.

the real issue is time severed as a veteran. the best example is the long awaited 1k veteran reward is now a 1 day veteran. i doubt you'll find many 1k veterans complain about the money sale on a life time sub. giving away all the rewards earned for time severed is the issue. i'm baffled as to any one gave this the go ahead. dose money really mean more to you than loyalty. seems this game is loosing morale fibre fast....

btw if any reads this when are you going to help make players aware of helplines and such for those with gambling issues?? kids also play this game and they along with adults are constantly exposed to gambling on lockboxes. some times people are weak to the temptation and when it happens they need help badly as it can ruin lives.
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
suggestion for compensate this big fail:

make everyone who have the lifetime subscription jump to 1000 days
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9