Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
What is making people pissed here is the manner in which this is happenening.

A lot of us have been wainting for the longest time to finally get to 1000 days.

The suspense until we finally get some infos on what to expect, then the leaked pictures teasing us, then finally the official blog congratulating us for our loyalty and how the rewards are Cryptic'S way of thanking us for spending all this time with their game and then turning around 5 minutes later putting up another blog and sell out those "meaningful" rewards for the most loyal fans to anyone with some spare change...
Career Officer
# 22
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I think it would achieve the same effect but better if they took all the limited time stuff (aside from FE rewards) and made it accountwide.

Y'Know, nanopulse, the anniversary stuff, the "Next Generation" title.
Republic Veteran
# 23
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
What is making people pissed here is the manner in which this is happenening.

A lot of us have been wainting for the longest time to finally get to 1000 days.

The suspense until we finally get some infos on what to expect, then the leaked pictures teasing us, then finally the official blog congratulating us for our loyalty and how the rewards are Cryptic'S way of thanking us for spending all this time with their game and then turning around 5 minutes later putting up another blog and sell out those "meaningful" rewards for the most loyal fans to anyone with some spare change...
300 bucks is not spare change.

Did they take it away from you no, is it coming yes.

Career Officer
# 24
10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
Honestly I am one of the 970 some odd day Vetrans, and I could care less if someone buys the LTS now and gets it all. Personally I paid my money, I get my stuff, it matters to me not. If someone else wants to pay the money for an LTS by all means let them have it.

I don't think I am entitled to anything more or less, hell I don't even pay for the game anymore other than what I spend in the C-Store. Why should I feel entitled?
^^^
This +1000. (And if you saw my comments on the main thread, I originally was under the impression they were not going to do this and was livid; as there is no reason NOT to do it for any LTS. They paid the money up front; and there's really no 'working to earn it' involved as someone could have bougnht ten LTS - and for whatever reason decided not to log n for the next 3 years - yet after that time, still had everything.)

I guess I don't understand the people who worry about 'what others get' since, as long as you get what you were told you were going to, what does it matter what others get?

If anything, we early LTS got every other Vet Reward in the game before anyone else. I also find it ironic that a number of tyhe LTS Vets who feel cheated somehow were COMPLAINING about the ship, and hiow they'd never clain it or use ity as it not as 'uber' as other ships available via a variety of means - yet not it's "OMG! Everyone who has an LTS now get everything including the 'special' ship..."

STO is a game. If you don't get enjoyment out of playing it, why are you here? And again, why are sonme so worruied about what/when others get something? In fact, given a lot of comments about the state of the game by many of gthese same folks, WHY would you 997 day vets (and I'm also a 997 day LTS vet) who feel the game is lacklustre want to advertise that you spent $240 the first day STO LTSes were offered? If the game is so lacklustre, I'd think you'd want to HIDE the fact you jumped at the LTS so early in STO's lifecycle - when there was WAY LESS of a game then there is today.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
we no longer have anything unique that separates us from people that are new to the game...
And that is really what it is all about to you, eh? You want to be able to fly around in a 1000-day ship and say "Suck it noobs! I had a spare 300 bucks back in 2010 and you didn't! Aint I cool?!"

Yeah, well, I too had a spare 300 bucks in 2010 and bought a LTS. Doesn't make me special or allows me to feel like I need to be "separate" from anyone else. If someone wants to slap some money down for an LTS, to fund the game that I am playing for free since before F2P (I hit my break even point like 2 months before the conversion) then I say good.

And not having to wait around for all the vet rewards is a great way to provide incentive to people to buy the LTS.

Sorry you don't get to feel video game special anymore.
Career Officer
# 26
10-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I have no problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub.

I do have a problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub and getting all the Vet Rewards up to 1000 days instantly, that I've had to personally wait for myself for 1000 real-time days, because that was one of the perks of being a long-time player.

The whole point of Veteran Rewards is now meaningless. They will have to re-name Veteran Rewards to something different, because it no longer means rewards for Veteran players.
I 10000% agree!

I too don't have a problem with them allowing rewards up to the 400-500 Day rewards. But we literally spent over a year waiting for the 700, 800, 900, and 1000 day rewards, and here somebody with 0 playtime can get those same rewards within a few seconds! So what did we endure that wait for? Just to be kicked in between the legs when we finally reached the 1000 days???

Honestly, its growing proof positive that this company really does not value their customers. Especially those long-time supporters of this game.

My faith just dropped another notch.
Republic Veteran
# 27
10-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I 10000% agree!

I too don't have a problem with them allowing rewards up to the 400-500 Day rewards. But we literally spent over a year waiting for the 700, 800, 900, and 1000 day rewards, and here somebody with 0 playtime can get those same rewards within a few seconds! So what did we endure that wait for? Just to be kicked in between the legs when we finally reached the 1000 days???

Honestly, its growing proof positive that this company really does not value their customers. Especially those long-time supporters of this game.

My faith just dropped another notch.
I don't think someone who has never played this game is going to come in see the site say owwww a ship, and a monkey and shell out 300 bucks.

You endured that wait cuz that ship did not exsit till a few weeks ago.

The only slap in the face I see are from players who wanted to feel special for a week, and now their hopes of being cool were shatterd.

Career Officer
# 28
10-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I don't think someone who has never played this game is going to come in see the site say owwww a ship, and a monkey and shell out 300 bucks.

You endured that wait cuz that ship did not exsit till a few weeks ago.

The only slap in the face I see are from players who wanted to feel special for a week, and now their hopes of being cool were shatterd.
The ship itself may not have been revealed til just a few days ago, but we were told about the 1000 Day Veteran Ship, a little over 500 Days ago. And many people been patiently waiting since then.

And when we finally get it, they make it part of a sales pitch where new people can get it without waiting a single day. Yeah, that's fair!
Career Officer
# 29
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
As someone who went LTS about 30 days after launch I was always having to wait a month to get my goodies after those that paid in beta. Was annoying. Especially now, 3yrs later, where going LTS 3% later than beta people makes me wait a month every time!

To those whining about noobs who go LTS tomorrow to get ships and rewards, YOU are not losing anything. Seems kinda freudenschadian to be angry.

Only people who should be angry are people like me... who paid the full LTS price when Cryptic seems to keep having sales on them! I'll gladly take $100 in Zen in recompense.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Republic Veteran
# 30
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
The ship itself may not have been revealed til just a few days ago, but we were told about the 1000 Day Veteran Ship, a little over 500 Days ago. And many people been patiently waiting since then.

And when we finally get it, they make it part of a sales pitch where new people can get it without waiting a single day. Yeah, that's fair!
Are players getting it for free, can silver players grind their hearts content and buy it off the store. No

So yes it's fair that someone is spending 300 bucks and getting more for it than before.

Yeah we knew they were going to have a ship for 1000 day vets, but we did not know what it was going t be. It could of been a reskin of the Luna class, or a reskin Odyssey class.