Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
WTH??? Seriously? They frelled up the STF NPC code by a LONG shot with last night's patch. Just got out of an ISE where NANITE SPHERES were doing more damage than the gate! ONE SHOT KILLS from nanite spheres!

WHAT THE HECK!??!!?

Top it off with total BS going on. Plasma damage eating through well over HALF my hull in less than 2 seconds flat. Fleet K'Tinga Retrofit is NOT a paper ship. Last night I could take more damage than most ships in a PUG. I use hull heals as well as EPTS3 x2 chained together. It's a competent build and I often get top DPS in most STFs I log.

Just got out of one and it was UNPLAYABLE. I died 2x more than I ever should have for BS code reasons. My hull kept going down from a BEAM (not plasma damage, NO plasma on me) going THROUGH a full facing shield. Took me down to 50% instantly, and it kept dropping in chunks. Not smoothly. RAPID chunks. No heal would stop it. aux2sif, HE2, BFI, I still died.

Evasive maneuvers may have been slowed down as well, because I was using it to get the hell out of the range of what was killing me, and I wasn't getting out of range. Ran out of Evasive while still at 9K from target. Before you ask: yes I was full throttle.

I checked the battle log in ACT! The freaking TAC Cube was critting 44k+!! It seemed to do it repeatedly! Because it took me down to 1% hull or so with full facing shields (another time, first time was from a sphere), and it took a full oddy down to 1% hull in front of my eyes even though he had shields still. It was sucking his hull meter before my eyes. Ludicrous update code! It wasn't even FIRING plasma torps, but somehow managed to do 44k hits with them! As a matter of fact I only got hit with a couple of plasma torpedoes the entire ISE match, but looking at outgoing damage the tac cube alone was firing a hundred or so. None ever showed up. They all were registering massive loads of damage every few seconds in battle log. Somehow the tac cube also has a heavy plasma cannone that doesn't have a graphic with it either, because I never got hit with bolts, yet it shows EVERY SECOND (often MULTIPLE TIMES per second) I was on the receiving end of anywhere from 1200 to ***4000*** damage from said weapon.

From 8:40:17 to 8:40:26 I took about 8000 combined damage from a weapon that had no firing sequence, that had no impact animations. It was just my hull and shields dropping INSTANTLY.

That's just one small sample. It was more regularly doing over 3K per hit according to battle log.

THAT'S JUST ONE SHIP!!!

Let's check out a lowly freaking NANITE SPHERE, shall we? These guys were killing me in 1 hit through full hull and mostly full shields WITH damage reduction from my use of EPTS3. That's 30% reduced incoming damage. From 8:38:58 to 8:38:00 (2 seconds) this one single nanite sphere did 3200 shield more hull on a single member of our ISE group (not me). It's absurd the amount of firepower a freaking SPHERE put out. It got 6th out of the entire game! Just behind the TAC CUBE ITSELF!!!!

3 spheres (2 nanite, 1 defender) did more damage than the first cube AND the gateway itself did!

Whatever you did in the patch overnight, cryptic, you totally hosed it all up. This is 1000000% unacceptable. UN-ACCEPT-ABLE.

And no I'm not making this up. I have the battle log. I saw it happening to ships with more hull than me. Many of us died in an ISE match, when all of us were quite well equipped to never die once if we'd done it last night before the patch.
Captain
# 2
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I checked out TAC cubes in my log from last night...

Max hits (crits) were in the 5000 range, tops, for plasma torpedoes, and between 1300 and 2000 for all other damage.

They seriously fubared the STFs. Damage output is about 10x what it was last night.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
10-09-2012, 08:27 PM
There was no patch last night: it's tonight. The last patch was last Thursday

Feel free to post combat logs here and I'll forward them along, but nothing looks to have changed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 4
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I had to run a small patch this evening when starting the game up. It downloaded something minor before allowing me to engage. Last night I was playing, so it was between then and now.

Further, if you HAVEN'T changed the code, you surely have a seriously wacked out server, because the logs are showing 10x the crit damage and about 4x-8x the sustained damage as compared to combat last night.

If that's all a server side glitch, well than you guys really need to get those glitches under control. That's NOT a glitch that ever has any kind of right to happen.
Career Officer
# 5
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
they are on season 7 levels
they turmed up for more high end fleet gear

I don't like the one shots but fleet 12 armor and consoles are coming that is why they are turned up
they will nerf as needed

Infected space elite needed a bump up it was to easy

relax grind out on normal
Captain
# 6
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
No. Making the lowest of the low borg ships deal out 1-shot kills is NOT acceptable. Making something insanely stupidly hard is NOT fun. Repeat: NOT fun.

Further Branflakes says no code change so this is all a pre-existing fubar bug that's been there already. Perhaps the server just generates an insanely powerful instance. It has happened repeatedly before, especially with cluster exploration (more like cluster f---... er... uh... messups) where the NPC are super hard to kill, kill you and your boff or away team instantly, and can't be defeated unless you're lucky as sin.

If this is that same old bug it's been around for a long long time and has NEVER shown up in STFs that I have ever seen.

I will not relax when such game-breaking "features" are in place. There's far too many yes-men in this community, never doubting, or ever questioning, anything in this game no matter how insane.
Career Officer
# 7
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
There was no patch last night: it's tonight. The last patch was last Thursday

Feel free to post combat logs here and I'll forward them along, but nothing looks to have changed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
no patch but getting oneshot with fleet gear and 12 maco shield 12 combat fleet engine andand 12 fleet deflector I was getting oneshotted
i have Wells ship with console set
so why the one shot
Career Officer
# 8
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
No. Making the lowest of the low borg ships deal out 1-shot kills is NOT acceptable. Making something insanely stupidly hard is NOT fun. Repeat: NOT fun.

Further Branflakes says no code change so this is all a pre-existing fubar bug that's been there already. Perhaps the server just generates an insanely powerful instance. It has happened repeatedly before, especially with cluster exploration (more like cluster f---... er... uh... messups) where the NPC are super hard to kill, kill you and your boff or away team instantly, and can't be defeated unless you're lucky as sin.

If this is that same old bug it's been around for a long long time and has NEVER shown up in STFs that I have ever seen.

I will not relax when such game-breaking "features" are in place. There's far too many yes-men in this community, never doubting, or ever questioning, anything in this game no matter how insane.
elite is supposed to be tough not get optional every time it needs to be a bit of a challange
Captain
# 9
10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Don't defend this. This is not some normal increase in difficulty that was weighed and balanced. By their own admittance they didn't intend to change this, yet here we are with it changed.

That's what I'm talking about. Yes-men that justify anything, no matter how insane. Don't do it. You're smarter than that. I'm smarter than that. Don't defend them when they royally screw up.
Career Officer
# 10
10-09-2012, 09:25 PM
It seemed fine to me. Finished CSE with the optional maybe 10 times today, and IGE once with the optional.