Career Officer
# 11
10-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post5969361

Explictly saying no C-Store anything will be required (or rewarded). And unless I'm mistaken, that means no Zen-bought anything
You are incorrect, the statement says no DIRECT c-store purchases. It says nothing of the indirect route of zen-dilithium so I would expect this system to be nothing more than another money sink through this route.
Captain
# 12
10-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Here's hoping its not another "too little, too late" kind of feature.

Seriously, what's taking them so long to come up with the good stuff. Should have happened a long time ago back when STO had its glorious F2P popularity boost.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Looking back, I think I might've posted this rather soon. It's at least a month until season 7 at the minimum and we don't know a lot about it yet, let alone even having it on Tribble yet.

So perhaps if this doesn't get too much more chatting on it, I'll let it go and maybe bump it in a couple weeks if we learn more, or make a new thread.

Captain
# 14
10-08-2012, 12:52 AM
My hope is that it will expand to include various organizations like Department of Temporal Investigations, Starfleet Intelligence, Starfleet Corp of Engineers, Starfleet Medical, Section 31, and Klingon Intelligence.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Food for thought what if they take out dil that u get from proto and make u buy stuff through new system?
-SPells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Career Officer
# 16
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I have one, and one hope only: That nothing in relation to it costs Zen.
I have a sneaky suspicion that you will be horribly disappointed sadly.

Im sure I read somewhere that Branflakes said that there would be no indirect cstore costs in the rep system. Make of that what you will..
Community Moderator
# 17
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
Personally, I hope that the system is built to be expandable, and that future systems can easily latch onto it in an intelligent manner.
I agree with this, too.

I was a bit disappointed when DStahl said the Reputation UI would follow the same model as the Fleet Holdings UI... I envisioned it being more like the DOFF system in some ways.

But as an expandable system where contributions are made over time and not immediate inputs, it makes a certain amount of sense.

I hope that they do a certain amount of "retrofit" with this, too. There are existing Romulan-themed missions in the game that could be tied in with Romulan Reputation, especially in "Cloaked Intentions".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 18
10-10-2012, 01:05 AM
I hope it is a system similiar to the Sb experience minus the DILITHIUM and CSTORE requirement....Since this game is a grind......reward us for what we do best.....Grind.

Choose a faction within your govt and earn reputation within it,.,,,,,do their quests,,,,,their missions and earn reputation...with reputation comes benefts, That being said i do not want the ability to work with all factions for reputation...just one..it allows for customization.....and being diffrent etc.

I have no idea what it will be but that was my guess
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Captain
# 19
10-10-2012, 01:51 AM
I as well was really disappointed with this, not only that it would be a grind, but that it would be one based off of a grind system that is pretty terrible and unforgiving. I mean that in terms of the fact that they kept saying they would make adjustments to help smaller fleets and the last ask cryptic kind of said that telling smaller fleets to go "smurf" themselves WAS the adjustment. (not really but it seems close enough)

It's a broken grind system that seems like it will be unreasonable on the individual level unless you're dumping real money for doffs, dilithium, and god knows what else which will only reinforce the pay to win lifestyle this game has.

I'm excited by the possibility of players being able to customize themed characters even more (romulan, ferengi, borg, or temporal characters) with the possible faction rankings, but at the same time i'm genuinely worried about the cost of it all. Now that they've made the vet rewards something you can buy all at once, i really don't know what all they're going to do next to try and make a quick buck, and how that might affect things like the Rep system.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Roughly same hopes as OP:

- I'm ok with some more mindless grind as long as it doesn't require more dilithium. Now that I'm a lifetime member I think i've given enough money for some time. I'm not a cryptic basher but if you add more money sink in the game I think i'll be extremely dissatisfied since engdame reward shouldn't be tied to anything but the game mechanics. Endgame rewards and epic in game titles for the best players, not for the biggest wallets, please.

I'd like to feel I'm playing a game, not walking inside a giant megastore.

- Doffs requirements. I'm mixed. There are plenty ways to get tons of doffs for free so why not, as long as it's purple doffs we can get from support missions only.

- Into the Hive: please make it really challenging with a high level of required strategic thinking and possibly non scripted way to play it. Something involving the RNG. A lot of RNG. Random mob spawn locations, random mob level, random stuff to click location, etc. I know I'm dreaming but very scripted missions are also very repetitive.