Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 21
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
Golf clap? Golf clap.

EDIT: ninja'd
Sorry bro. I am one sneeky ninja b@st@rd.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 648
# 22
10-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Well since the first post seemed to close to the rest that is was moved or absorbed I'll try a different topic. What do I get? Since lifers no matter what day they joined get the ship. Since F2p and new people can get the ship & title Wednesday as long as they pay life. What do I get?? I have been on since a week before launch. I have paid 6 month sub since the launch. What do I get Wednesday? Because I don?t get the ship for like 10 days or so. What do I and people like me that has paid more than life and been on for almost 3 years get on Wednesday? If this is flaming then Im sorry.. You want to toss this then so be it ill create another way to ask. Boot me from the forums so be it. People know me on this game. People know im a nice guy but this is wrong! A slap to long term gold members. A slap to day one life members. But this is about gold. Not the ship. I want something. I cant be the only Gold member still playing/paying since launch.

Know what I want? I want to quit paying 6 month sub... Well I plan to do that but for Gold people that has paid & played for 1000 days I want my 400 points a month but I no longer want to pay my sub to get it. So I want life!!! I know lifers wont like it but I think fair is out of the window. I have paid/played for almost 1000 days and I think anyone who has paid for 1000 days should get that "reward" What about 1000 day lifers? Give them a new badge. What I am trying to say is give SOMETHING to who have been here for a 1000days of paying. Something fraking that shows you all still give a crap about us.
basically, your saying you p[aid more than a lifer because you never got a lifetime sub.. hmmm, now you want something in return for your own bad decision.. hmmmm.. you dont want to pay subs anymore, but you still want the perks of a sub.. hmmmm..

well the answer is simple, you should have subbed a long time ago

2, you should get a lts which would alleviate half your argument.

the current long time lts people have more claim to complain. i sympathize for you man, but its your own doing, you knew from the get go that lts gets perks, and subscribers get the shaft. so yeah there it is.. i know it sucks, but thats how it is...

however, i think they should offer a lts to peeps for 100 bucks who have paid for say 3/4's or more of the games up time... i think that would be a good compramise.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 897
# 23
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
"I want. I want. I want. I want. Me. Me. Me. Me. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Now. Now. Now. Now!"

Bonus points if you catch the reference.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,813
# 24
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
They should at the very least keep the Titles so that they are handed out based on subscribed time...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 361
# 25
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Well since the first post seemed to close to the rest that is was moved or absorbed I'll try a different topic. What do I get? Since lifers no matter what day they joined get the ship. Since F2p and new people can get the ship & title Wednesday as long as they pay life. What do I get?? I have been on since a week before launch. I have paid 6 month sub since the launch. What do I get Wednesday? Because I don?t get the ship for like 10 days or so. What do I and people like me that has paid more than life and been on for almost 3 years get on Wednesday? If this is flaming then Im sorry.. You want to toss this then so be it ill create another way to ask. Boot me from the forums so be it. People know me on this game. People know im a nice guy but this is wrong! A slap to long term gold members. A slap to day one life members. But this is about gold. Not the ship. I want something. I cant be the only Gold member still playing/paying since launch.

Know what I want? I want to quit paying 6 month sub... Well I plan to do that but for Gold people that has paid & played for 1000 days I want my 400 points a month but I no longer want to pay my sub to get it. So I want life!!! I know lifers wont like it but I think fair is out of the window. I have paid/played for almost 1000 days and I think anyone who has paid for 1000 days should get that "reward" What about 1000 day lifers? Give them a new badge. What I am trying to say is give SOMETHING to who have been here for a 1000days of paying. Something fraking that shows you all still give a crap about us.
I heart you and people like you. To keep paying monthly after free to play I guess could be good for you if you left and came back during when you could pay lump-sum payments, but if you are nearly at the 1,000 mark, that means you paid a near bare minimum that is higher than my original #300 + collector's edition & digital content. I tip my hat to you folks.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 544
# 26
10-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
"I want. I want. I want. I want. Me. Me. Me. Me. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Now. Now. Now. Now!"

Bonus points if you catch the reference.
Dinosaurs?

Anyway, LTS should have been removed after launch. Keeping it around is what wrecked the Vet Reward imho. Now Gold members feel stupid.
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,916
# 27
10-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
Dinosaurs?

Anyway, LTS should have been removed after launch. Keeping it around is what wrecked the Vet Reward imho. Now Gold members feel stupid.
Well, if you plan to be a subscriber in years to come, there is a cost-efficient way to do that. That shouldn't be news to you?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
# 28
10-10-2012, 04:26 AM
I joined and paid my LTS 182 days ago. That's before the discounts and well before this (imho) fiasco. Over night I went from 100 day veteran to 1000. I, like many in my fleet, like to EARN what we get. It gives us that feeling of accomplishment since we did all the work or waited x amount of years for something so it feels good when the time comes. I just claimed stuff I shouldn't have until 1-2 YEARS from now. Maybe this is why people are joining, then leaving our fleet because we aren't at tier 3 yet with our shipyard. No one wants to wait or do the work anymore, just drop some cash and boom, everything is yours without any real work. I paid because I like the game and plan (or possibly planed at this point) to play for a while so a LTS seemed like a great deal (until the discounts ). I'm not rich so when I spend money I expect to get my money's worth, but not like this. Why should I keep playing now? I got all the same stuff as the guys in my fleet who joined right after the launch. Guess it's a good thing I'm loyal to my fleet.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 29
10-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
I dont know what gold clap is. I know the worlds smallest violin
It's something to do with Tiger Woods and his shenanigans.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
# 30
10-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
"I want. I want. I want. I want. Me. Me. Me. Me. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Now. Now. Now. Now!"

Bonus points if you catch the reference.
I didn't catch the reference, but I think this quote sums up the thread quite nicely.

For the record, I am a monthly subscriber, not lifetime, though with this wonderful promo the good folks at PWE are offering, I plan on rectifying that.
Fleet Admiral (Retired) Treyven "The Raven" Corsey - Omega Armada

Just remember, folks: Without William Shatner's portrayal of Captain James T. Kirk, there would be no Star Trek.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.