Starfleet Veteran
# 171
10-10-2012, 03:18 AM
The tactical transformation on the Chimera-class reminds me so much of KITT's Super Pursuit Mode.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 172
10-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The tactical transformation on the Chimera-class reminds me so much of KITT's Super Pursuit Mode.
Agreed!
Career Officer
# 173
10-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Whole thing reminds me of a fat pelican...
# 174
10-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Congratulations to the guy who made this ship Both the fed ship and KDF ship look great. Unfortunately I am a silver member and don't plan on purchasing a membership for this game LTS or Gold so the VET rewards will never apply for me. Hopefully the next non lockbox ships we recieve will look just as good
Career Officer
# 175
10-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Congratulations Cryptic. You managed to create the ugliest ship in the game. I should have realized when you named it Chimera, but I'm not up on my Greek mythology. It looks like a kid's toy. I got mine this morning, even though I have 17 days until I hit 1000, but since you ruined the vet rewards program who cares any more. It wasn't until I saw the beer belly under the ships saucer I realize how bad this ship was. You also didn't even create a unique bridge for the ship. I'm guessing the design meeting went something like this. "We will never be able to sell that in the Zen Store. Let use it as the 1000 Vet reward." If this is the future of STO we are in big trouble.
Survivor of Remus
# 176
10-10-2012, 04:11 AM
not all ships have to look nice to be great.
Career Officer
# 177
10-10-2012, 04:17 AM
I agree the Chimera is one ugly ship. From the top/back it isn't so bad but yikes when you look from the front/side/bottom it's god awful ugly. Since when did federation ships become pregnant or carry a fat belly? 4 nacelle ships have so far by convention had the lower pair BELOW the drive section not above.

Stats wise it's inferior to many ships out their overall. Fleet and lockbox ships and specials like the Oddy have 10 console slots already so why would anyone fly this other than for it's fancy console? I'll be sticking with my mobius temporal destroyer on my tac (slightly lower hull/shields but superior console/boff setup and plenty of other cruisers to choose from for my eng.

Complete let down really and as for the kdf having a battle cloak.....the feds get absolutely nothing. Only birds of prey have batte cloak not evne raptors much less battle cruisers have that.

So far my Mugato pet has seen more STO action and that's probably going to stay that way.
Career Officer
# 178
10-10-2012, 04:23 AM
This ship feels really good and it has a rather nice boff config setup.

I also like being able to stack PH with HE. It's also needed now with shield healing being less practical and less likely from teammates in PuGs.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 179
10-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthorici View Post
not all ships have to look nice to be great.
True, but since it's a reward for loyal customers you would have thought they would give us a nice looking ship, and the stats for the ship are appalling. Loyalty obviously means nothing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 180
10-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
I agree the Chimera is one ugly ship. From the top/back it isn't so bad but yikes when you look from the front/side/bottom it's god awful ugly. Since when did federation ships become pregnant or carry a fat belly? 4 nacelle ships have so far by convention had the lower pair BELOW the drive section not above.

Stats wise it's inferior to many ships out their overall. Fleet and lockbox ships and specials like the Oddy have 10 console slots already so why would anyone fly this other than for it's fancy console? I'll be sticking with my mobius temporal destroyer on my tac (slightly lower hull/shields but superior console/boff setup and plenty of other cruisers to choose from for my eng.

Complete let down really and as for the kdf having a battle cloak.....the feds get absolutely nothing. Only birds of prey have batte cloak not evne raptors much less battle cruisers have that.

So far my Mugato pet has seen more STO action and that's probably going to stay that way.
Since the Excelsior-class I'd imagine, Bill George intentionally designed that vessel to look ugly too because they wanted you to like the Enterprise more.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook