Rihannsu
# 11
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
-=-atlas deck 13-=-
perhaps recess the round blue things more?

CSS: I'd add another option along the lines of "so that's what that was"

-=-one of the later maps-=-
we are now clear of the asteroid belt, engage warp engines! *ship turns to jump to warp THROUGH the asteroids* not a bug, but lol worthy.

EDIT:
I actually didN'T fight the Hercules officers at all. I clicked through the dialogue until it was resolved but there was no combat.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!

Last edited by markhawkman; 10-09-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Rihannsu
# 12
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure if it's possible to fix, but the only thing that really bugged me about the corridor sets was that there is nothing on the ceiling. Currently the ceilings are just plain metallic with no greebles and don't match the rest of the sets, is there any way to add light fixtures or something to them?

Other then that, I can't wait until you remaster part III
Career Officer
# 13
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
-=-atlas deck 13-=-
perhaps recess the round blue things more?

CSS: I'd add another option along the lines of "so that's what that was"

-=-one of the later maps-=-
we are now clear of the asteroid belt, engage warp engines! *ship turns to jump to warp THROUGH the asteroids* not a bug, but lol worthy.

EDIT:
I actually didN'T fight the Hercules officers at all. I clicked through the dialogue until it was resolved but there was no combat.
Thanks for the suggestions. If you mean the blue things in the transporter pad, unfortunately I can't recess them any further or the platform underneath starts to come through. I actually tried to lower them before.

I'll see about adding another response about the C3SS.

Yeah, that later map where you warp back through the asteroid field is really annoying. There was some change that caused it to happen, and I don't know of any way to fix it.

You can talk your way out of that fight, so that's probably why it didn't happen.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 14
10-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
I'm not sure if it's possible to fix, but the only thing that really bugged me about the corridor sets was that there is nothing on the ceiling. Currently the ceilings are just plain metallic with no greebles and don't match the rest of the sets, is there any way to add light fixtures or something to them?

Other then that, I can't wait until you remaster part III
I'm not sure there's anything really good that I can add. I'll look into it, but I'd say the odds are against it based on the assets available in the Foundry. Thanks for the feedback though!

Captain
# 15
10-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Asteroids! You just reminded me of something I didn't like in the episode.

When you are warping through the asteroid field trying to chase down the ship, the asteroids popped up with no chance of me manouvering around. The first few were fine, but then they just appeared almost ontop of me and I kept slamming into them due to their size and not being able to get around them. Maybe it was because I had full impulse on, but it took me ages to then navigate around them, as they took up pretty much the entire warp streak tunnel and I had to keep backtracking and leaving the streak tunnel to get around. Just something worth pointing out.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Rihannsu
# 16
10-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Asteroids! You just reminded me of something I didn't like in the episode.

When you are warping through the asteroid field trying to chase down the ship, the asteroids popped up with no chance of me manouvering around. The first few were fine, but then they just appeared almost ontop of me and I kept slamming into them due to their size and not being able to get around them. Maybe it was because I had full impulse on, but it took me ages to then navigate around them, as they took up pretty much the entire warp streak tunnel and I had to keep backtracking and leaving the streak tunnel to get around. Just something worth pointing out.
oh, yeah, forgot to mention that. I faceplanted on a giant donut asteroid that literally appeared directly in front of me. I did better than grylak, but I rock at manual ship controls.

EDIT: about the transporter, is there a flat transparent object you can place on top of the bumps?
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 10-10-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Captain
# 17
10-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Soveriegn class is not designed for rapid evasive movements at high speed. I kept replaying that scene from nemesis where Troi drives.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 18
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM
The asteroid dodging part is kind of hard to balance because of the different ship speeds and ship maneuverability. Ironically it's harder the higher your rank because your engine is faster, and also the ships, cruisers at least, are less maneuverable. I'll think about changing that.

As far as the transparent flat object, hmm.. Nothing is really coming to mind. I could try the glass table and see how it turns out. Let me finish up AApt2 before worrying about that.

Rihannsu
# 19
10-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Soveriegn class is not designed for rapid evasive movements at high speed. I kept replaying that scene from nemesis where Troi drives.
You used Sovereign? I was flying an Oddy.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 20
10-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Ok, out of respect for those of you flying the sluggish barge known as the Odyssey, I've increased the radius that the asteroids spawn at. That should make it a little easier for you guys.