Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Veterans Awards
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Hello,

My player name is Unclereeky. I have been subscribed for a total of 928 days in STO and "was" looking forward to collecting my Veterans Awards upon reaching 1000 days. Today, I read that I would have to purchase a lifetime membership in order to collect those same Veterans Awards..yet I only have 72 days left to reach my 1000 day benchmark. I have paid for my subscription religiously every month since I joined..and now STO is telling me that the only way I can obtain my Veterans Awards is to buy a lifetime subscription? Please tell me what the difference is between my paying each month and a one time payment. First off, there is no such thing as a lifetime subscription..nothing last forever..especially a game. Is STO going to send out refunds if it goes out of business. By paying monthly..I have control of whether I want to continue to play or not.
I find everything kind of strange. The takeover by Perfect World..then going to Free Play..but you can still pay if you want the perks..now.."everyone"..no matter how long they have been playing..2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years..can pay for a lifetime sub and get the 1000 day rewards. Wow..kind of feels like taking the feeling of accomplishment that I've reached by actually playing for 928 days and flushing it down the toilet. With this kind of subscription..there needs to be guarantees. Guarantees to the players that the game will
"always" be here and will always strive to become better. Are there any kind of guarantees with the lifetime subscription you want us to buy?
One more question..are you saying that If I don't purchase a lifetime sub during this special, that I won't get my 1000 day veterans awards by reaching the 1000 days on my own? STO has been fun for me but lately, I've seen the game take a few steps down...like this "buy the lifetime membership or else you won't get your veterans awards" attitude. Remember, this is just a game..and sometimes, games get boring..especially when the makers keep bothering the player. We paid for a service..you need to provide a service..I"m still paying for a service..so I expect for a service to be provided..not to be taken away. I've been subscribed for 928 days..I feel I deserve the 1000 day reward without purchasing a lifetime subscription. Let me finish grinding the last 72 days and get my veterans rewards the right way.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that you will still get the 1000 day vet reward without buying the lifetime. I did not read anything to indicate that. So as far as I can see, yes, keep paying for the 72 or whatever days and you will get it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2012, 10:34 AM
You need to re-read everything again.

YOU DO NOT have to buy lifetime to get the vet rewards, only thing they have done is make it so those who have played for lets say, 5 days, can by a lifetime and say they have played for 1000 days, screwing everyone that has put their time into the game, compared to the people who wine its not fair i have to wait and cant just buy it. Sucks people cant wait and be patient like the rest of us were.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Why is this in "The Art of Star Trek Online" forums?

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.