Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Dilithium 101
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
This monthly article features useful information about Dilithium, including what it is, how to earn it, and how to use it in-game.

Link to the article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
so...this old article again huh...moving on.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
so...this old article again huh...moving on.
As it states above, this is a monthly article it will be posted each month. For new players, it's useful and they may not have seen it past months.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 4
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
then why not post it to the main page instead of having to do it every month??
Career Officer
# 5
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-10-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreuben View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
I don't get the problem. If you're going to be butthurt leave.

Last edited by ygyhuu; 10-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
10-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
then why not post it to the main page instead of having to do it every month??
Agreed, I like the persons idea of doing like Turbine does and putting these "101's" on a tab here on the forums for new players. With the focus of this article being more how to convert purchased zen to dilithium, it is very pushy in getting players money. I feel the pushiness to purchase for this game by Cryptic if becoming far too aggressive and is hurting the little gameplay that is there.

I look at it this way, I agreed to pay a monthly sub again so in order for Cryptic to get me to purchase above and beyond that sub now they had better show some more positive development. When we have all the requisite systems needed for a high profile MMO fixed and in place (full second faction, PvP, good crafting and resource generating systems), ones unique to this MMO (better integration of the Foundry, Exploration), and a much much better QA bug fixing process, I will be more than happy to pay more.

The STO team is making progress and has many talented people capable of a great deal. I just think somewhere in the administrative chain (Producer an up) things are broken and the decision to rush the release content that is buggy, unfinished, and unpolished comes from above their heads. I understand the demand for getting more content out quickly placates the players and their cash flow, but pushing buggy, unfinished, and unpolished content out works counter to that goal and actually deters players which in turn reduces the cash flow. That reduction in cash flow then causes a negative feedback loop of more content with money hooks ---> more aggressive measures to obtain money from players ----> disenfranchising players ----> reduced spending player population -----> reduced cash flow ------> back to the beginning.

Break the cycle!!! Start with at least fixing all the bugs introduced with Season 6 before launching into Season 7.
Career Officer
# 8
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Thank you.
Commander
# 9
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
As it states above, this is a monthly article it will be posted each month. For new players, it's useful and they may not have seen it past months.
and someone thought this actually made sense because....? Aside from making it look like the company is money hungry by constantly throwing the exact same money-related article at everyone (and yes, thats what it is, don't insult us by saying this isn't only about money) it gives the impression that whoever is in charge over there doesn't understand the basic features of a message board. like, you know, the ability to sticky threads

there is a word for constantly reposting the same thing over and over: spam. smart companies don't spam their customers, especially when there is no reason to. smart people don't claim its a good idea either. someone needs a talking to over there

what you are doing is nothing more than spam. there is an academy section for new players. the only reason you would even consider doing this in the first place is for new players, its not relevant to anyone else. therefore common sense says post a sticky there with this information. that is all that is needed. anything else is the literal definition of spam - which, last time I checked is against the rules around here.

or is this a case of do what I say, not what I do? hmm? because handing out infractions when people do exactly what you yourself are doing isn't likely to go over well. I know i'm going to have something to say the next time someone accuses me of 'spam'
Captain
# 10
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
It does seem to make more sense to add them as a sticky in the forums rather than posting the exact same article over and over and over. It just seems very unnecessary since there are so many ways to earn dilithium and the 101 doesn't really go as in depth as it probably should. It it's going to be a monthly titled 101, would it be possible to instead have each month be specifically about a certain way to get it? One month could be mining, the next could be about a specific KDF Sortie or daily, and the month after could be a fed side daily.

I'm not a hard core grinder, so i don't sit there and max out the dilithium for all my characters, but i would be interested in reading about the various ways in more detail so i could find the one that best suits my play style.