Lieutenant
# 11
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
I've always wanted to get away from the exploding ship model. Including in PvP. The only game where respawning is adequately explained is EVE online, and amusingly enough, it's the only game where respawning's actually a costly business right along with it.

Ideally, ships could be disabled, left dead in space, and then begin repairing themselves. They're off-limits, can't be fired upon, until they come back online. Which at its earliest would've been after 50% or more of it was repaired by the player who owns it, or teammates within heal-distance. After which they can choose to either A, keep repairing up to 100%, B, hit the 'Reinitialize Systems' button, come online and risk a spawn camper, or C, hit 'Emergency Warp' and get warped to a random location along the edge of the map from where they can reenter the fight.

And in PvE... well, I'd like to have a shoot to disable option. It's atypical enough to, in your typical starcluster patrol and regardless of your faction, have your own ship take out between six and sixteen other vessels on its own, but especially for the Feds there should be a non-massacre option.

Still, it's been almost three years now, and we're still wiping out Klingons, Romulans and other endangered species by the hundreds.
i agree. but if we warp out, it more like respawn and short warp jump is delicate so starfleet won't recommend it.
Captain
# 12
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Heh... uuum... yeah...
It's a good idea, but I have no issue demolishing everything in my path. If that option appeared, I know I am not alone when I say I would always without thinking click on "Destroy Enemy Ship", and "Kill on the Spot". I mean after all, with Farek in the mission "Operation Gamma", I always blow that #$%^ little slug out of the stars.

Call me bloodthirsty, but I am fine with how things are. BUUUUUT in the interest of players like you guys, I would agree that yes, there should be an option to disable/stun/throw snowballs at etc.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
# 13
10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I am 100% with this!

Disabling other vessels is a MUST for starfleet ships. It's intolerable to kill hundreds or even thousands of other people just to scan some obscure derelict freighters on some exploration missions.

Techincally i don't see a big problem here. The devs could just add a Space "power" that works like a switch. Your weapons would be set to disable. If activated it would prevent a enemy ship from blowing up when its hull goes to 0% in PvE. For PvP i like your idea the most.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.
thanks for been agreeing this idea, hope it will get into the game
Captain
# 14
10-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Heh... uuum... yeah...
It's a good idea, but I have no issue demolishing everything in my path. If that option appeared, I know I am not alone when I say I would always without thinking click on "Destroy Enemy Ship", and "Kill on the Spot". I mean after all, with Farek in the mission "Operation Gamma", I always blow that #$%^ little slug out of the stars.

Call me bloodthirsty, but I am fine with how things are. BUUUUUT in the interest of players like you guys, I would agree that yes, there should be an option to disable/stun/throw snowballs at etc.
So long as there's no PENALTY for finishing off your opponent, this might be neat. While I'm not quite so calloused to that Ferengi, that's more because I don't want to let the Dominion think they can boss me around from the start. Have to put up a decent image even though the exchange is preprogrammed, after all.

Other than that, I'm generally in your camp. I'm an explorer, but I'm also a soldier. Heck, Kirk outright said he was a soldier.