Survivor of Romulus
# 81
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Vet rewards were always earned by paying. They just created expedited delivery.

They may get them FASTER but they didn't get them sooner.

You got them today.

It only matters if you think money entitles you to feel special. It doesn't and shouldn't.

You got exactly what you paid for, as promised and on time or better.

And you have NO RIGHT to an opinion about what someone else gets relative to you.
Uh. Correction... he DOES have a right to an opinion. He or she is allowed think whatever they wish.
Career Officer
# 82
10-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Uh. Correction... he DOES have a right to an opinion. He or she is allowed think whatever they wish.
He can have the opinion but that doesn't make any opinion he has justified.

A person can be entitled to whatever opinion they want.
Survivor of Remus
# 83
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
I'm curious to understand the similarities. NGE was a major game mechanic change. This is just giving some people items they were eventually going to get anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Oy vey.

NGE changed every aspect of Star Wars.

All this does is accelerate the time table of vet rewards for people who buy them.

I can see DEBATE over this change but if this makes you think of NGE, I think you have MMO PTSD.

I admit I feel sorry for MMO devs out there who have to live with every decision they make getting weighed against NGE.

If I had to draft a marketing plan for an MMO, I'd probably hire half the NGE team and post a big disclaimer: "Not for former Star Wars Galaxies Players!" I mean, sheesh, WoW players get grief but most of them tend to come into other MMOs with constructive advice.

Invoking NGE is the MMO equivalent of Godwin's law. It belongs on the forum language filter. :-)
I didn't make a direct comparision,I said it feels like NGE....in the sense that the developer has no respect for the people that play their game,in the sense that players' time invested into a game means absolutely nothing to them.In an attempt to generate more money the will step on anyone,today it is the veteran rewards,tomorrow it could be something that effects you in a negative way or that you care about.

Don't bite the hand that feeds.
Career Officer
# 84
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
I didn't make a direct comparision,I said it feels like NGE....in the sense that the developer has no respect for the people that play their game,in the sense that players' time invested into a game means absolutely nothing to them.In an attempt to generate more money the will step on anyone,today it is the veteran rewards,tomorrow it could be something that effects you in a negative way or that you care about.

Don't bite the hand that feeds.
I think NGE was incredibly well intentioned for the players. Just tone deaf.
Career Officer
# 85
10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Here's the thing...

Cryptic is the one who built up these expectations based on Time & Money, for long time players to have a sense of accomplishment and pride by earning these rewards...

Then in one fell swoop, They Completely Invalidated It All...

Why are folks so surprised at the rage and indignation that has come of it?

Belittling someones expression of their anger and hurt feelings because you don't happen to agree or don't understand, is rather rude.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Been around like I said from day one. I have seen rage.
No KDF content & broken Promises
C store rage ships like the Galaxy X
F2P freak outs
Content Freak outs

But this is the worse I have seen. People are mad. Guess that shows that we have a lot of 1000 day vets. Kinda a good thing. But I hope Cryptic answers this. Too late to change back but maybe that can do something
Career Officer
# 87
10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Been around like I said from day one. I have seen rage.
No KDF content & broken Promises
C store rage ships like the Galaxy X
F2P freak outs
Content Freak outs

But this is the worse I have seen. People are mad. Guess that shows that we have a lot of 1000 day vets. Kinda a good thing. But I hope Cryptic answers this. Too late to change back but maybe that can do something
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=411351

This is my solution.

It's cheap. It's meaningful. By making it retroactive, it shows some consideration to people.

There's no putting the genie back in the bottle either way. There's no way to roll back the policy change and I still think people upset over this are being bad sports. I mean, I spent $30 on species that became FREE. Outright FREE. And nobody raged over that.

But if you take my plan and make it retroactive, it's something.
Starfleet Veteran
# 88
10-10-2012, 11:08 PM
My solution would be to continue the vet rewards. Start fresh day 1100. But at 1200 people that may buy life still has to wait 200 days for that vet reward. So a fresh start.... It may keep me paying and other as well
Starfleet Veteran
# 89
10-10-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm just going to point out that the argument against a newb shelling out cash for vet rewards and you having shelled out cash for them is redundant.

Simple fact is the vet system only ever counted time for a paid subscription so it has always been about money. It never had anything to do with the amount of time you have actualy played the game.

So saying "why can a newb drop 200 bucks and get the same things I paid 400 buck for?" Is simply you showing you unwillingness to Make the investment. Had you made the investment earlier you would have saved money, Hell after F2P you could have stopped subbing and saved the money for a LTS while still being able to play the game.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 90
10-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
My solution would be to continue the vet rewards. Start fresh day 1100. But at 1200 people that may buy life still has to wait 200 days for that vet reward. So a fresh start.... It may keep me paying and other as well
So your solution is for Cryptic to blow hundreds of thousands of dollars to appease less than 20% of the playerbase?