Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,043
# 61
10-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
i am a fed and i dont say that.
Neihter do I say everything "the Klings" supposedly say.

And if we are precise, neither are you a Fed nor am I a Kling because it's all fictional anyway.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,095
# 62
10-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
neither are you a Fed nor am I a Kling because it's all fictional anyway.
Blasphemer. Your are either a coward in tyrant uniform or a Klingon
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,419
# 63
10-11-2012, 03:13 AM
No Battle Cloak is KDF only. If you take away that then KDF would just die so will any plans for a roumlan faction as the only reason these will be played is for the battle cloaks. The Defiant did not have a battle cloak and since it is a romulan one the romulans would not allow it to be usedin the alpha quadrant
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 64
10-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
Hegh'ta Heavy Bird Of Prey (not even fleet version)

Hull Points: irrelevant due to ability to stay out of canon arc with ease and then cloak.
Shield Modifier: irrelevant due to ability to stay out of canon arc with ease and then cloak.
Fore Weapons: 4 (DHC enabled)
Rear Weapons: 2
Crew: 100
BOff Setup: All universal. Infinite variation.
Device Slots: 2
Console Setup: 3 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 3 Science
Base Turn Rate: 21

*Additional Notes:
This ship can use the battle cloak without wasting any module slot.


Amazing how none of the klingons here mention that turn rate, yet keep spamming on about a minor shield and hull difference...

Completely irrelevant when you can stay out of the enemy arc with ease... Hell, that's enough turn rate to out-turn some shuttles (without even any turn rate modules)...




Err what? How does the graphics effect the turn rate exactly? I can only assume this must be some typo, or you were drunk at the time of writing this.




Defiant getting a battle cloak - I don't think it would be a bad thing - but it's not going to happen. Cryptic lost the balance plot a long time ago.

Give the defiants a battle cloak and remove the decloak damage bonus. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone - The ludicrus alpha strike and balance.
Your point about 'staying out of cannon arcs' only works in 1v1 scenarios (which, in my humble view, are just ways for arrogant players to d*ck-wave about how awesome they are at PvP. . .the natural state of PvP is inclined towards group combat most of the time, or the possibility of it becoming group combat). I'm sure you know how difficult it can be to keep track of the locations of 2-3 different escorts, right? Good luck 'maneuvering' your way out of the cannon arcs there. Or what if you're targeting someone else, and an escort alpha-strikes from the side or rear? Maneuverability didn't help you much there, as you often don't see it coming until they've started shooting. . .and in a BoP, it's too late by that point and you've gotta bug out or break off your attack.

Battle-cloaking is only feasible after you've broken out of the battlezone completely and waited out stray torp salvos. That's why the battlecloak is nowhere near as OP as certain whining Feds like to claim.

The universal consoles, in theory, allow for quite a bit of flexibility. However, just because you can put a build on a BoP, doesn't mean you should. In my view, BoPs are good for about two things right now: Hit-and-run strikes relying on being able to escape when necessary, or sci-spamming from cloak using the B'rel Retrofit (a particularly effective approach, if you know how to fly it right). There's only a certain amount of 'flexibility' that applies to that. You could sci BoP in a Hegh'ta, but it would have to be out of cloak to do it, and it doesn't shield tank as well as Fed science vessels.

Lastly, another point regarding BoP turnrate: Smart players know how to keep escorts and BoPs from moving a lot. They carry P2W gear (graviton pulse, especially), subnuke, or use a ton of tractors and viral matrixes. There's only so much sci spam an escort or BoP can deal with, y'know? So, that vaunted turnrate isn't an instant guarantee of awesomeness.

Spare me your attempts to 'prove' that the BoP is even the equal of a Fed escort in most situations.

Last edited by travelingmaster; 10-11-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
# 65
10-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaivladikov View Post
I'll trade you One (1) Battle-Cloak for...say...a KDF Escort with Five (5) Tac Consoles.
Deal? Didn't think so. Quit whining and just enjoy what you have
How about it has built in cloak so we don't need to waste a console slot. You get KDF escort with 5 tacs. I'd agree.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 66
10-11-2012, 05:45 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
Hegh'ta Heavy Bird Of Prey (not even fleet version)

Hull Points: irrelevant due to ability to stay out of canon arc with ease and then cloak.
Shield Modifier: irrelevant due to ability to stay out of canon arc with ease and then cloak.
Maybe irrelevant to You, but its become down right important when that Defiant turns tighter on the inside arc, tractor beams my BoP and very quickly blows thorugh that low shield and low hull to make my BoP a debris in a few seconds.

The BoP is a fragile but highly adaptible weapon that only one purpose in the game, the surprise attack of decloaking, throwing whatever it has in bag of tricks to disable an opponent long enough to get a kill and if its doesn't kill its target hopefully battle claok and try again.
The BoP good at the surprise attacks becuase of the ability to flee easily but the Defiant is the better surprise Declaoking alpha Striker in the game because it has the the better damage on the Declaok and the ability to loiter in the combat zone longer.

To compare the two vessels as a means of determining that the Defiant needs the battle Claoker is wrong. They are not even in the same classification of vessels.
If the Defiant is given the battle cloak it merely becomes the best alpha Striker in the game and now thanks to its toughness it can do it even better than the BoP and even survive the event beter than the BoP which pays for its versatility and Battle claok with its fragile nature.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,742
# 67
10-11-2012, 06:41 AM
I'n cannon Romulan cloaking devices were
Superior to Klingon cloaking devices I'n every
Way.
The defiant had a Romulan cloaking device

Klingon cloaking devices were Romulan low end
Models that the Klingons had to reverse engineer
To produce themselves

The romulans got Klingon warp engines and
At that time the romulans did not have warp engines.

That's cannon STO game balance is another
Story
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 68
10-11-2012, 07:22 AM
if the defiant is not in the same category than a BoP, than what is? There is nothing smaller on fed side. does that mean, we shouldnt have anything against it?
What ? Calaway.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 69
10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
if the defiant is not in the same category than a BoP, than what is? There is nothing smaller on fed side. does that mean, we shouldnt have anything against it?
The Defiant is an Escort, and BoP's are not escorts, they are Raiders.

The Aquarius Destroyer is smaller than the Defiant also, and it was made to be a Fed BoP without a cloak, a flawed concept because the ship itself and the stats are awful.

The Defiant was designed to get into the battle and stay there.

Bird of Prey's were designed to get in, do something to mess up the combat zone, an get out.

That's why the Defiant is the way it is in game, and why Geko never put a battle cloak on it; because the Defiant isn't designed to raid.
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 70
10-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
if the defiant is not in the same category than a BoP, than what is? There is nothing smaller on fed side. does that mean, we shouldnt have anything against it?
The feds have no raider size class of vessels. though it has been said the Aquariuos is close.

This is not to say that the feds do not have vessel that can be used like a raider.
The Defiant is a better decloaker/Alpha Striker.
The Aquariuos, thanks to its 2 Universal BOff slots, can be set-up to do the same.
The MVAM with its LTC Science BOff can be set up to mimic the SciBop in layout and effectivness.

Tactical surprise attacking and buffing, tactical plus science surprise attacking and debuffing. These are the mainly used roles of the BoP and the feds have the vessels to do the same and often better.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.