Career Officer
# 101
10-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I still can't stop laughing at this video that you posted earlier.

I like this re-mix of the vid better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...d-clapping.gif

Thank you for posting this Levi. IT's briliant.
Captain
# 102
10-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...d-clapping.gif

Thank you for posting this Levi. IT's briliant.
Knew you would like that Hippie. Good to see your still around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related
Career Officer
# 103
10-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
yeah, this old hippie isn't going anywhere
and you'll be happy to know that after you more or less shamed me for buying that Wells at 9000 ec, I realized that such a thing has happened to me in the past (Selling for a mistakenly typed low price). So, I decided to go ahead and support the game as you did, and have been buying keys when I can. Even dropped some real money on it. Probably not as much as you, but I am after all a poor, old hippie.

If there was some way of verifying who had put the ship up originally, I'd drop 50 Million on them.

I havent been actually playing very much recently. I have been absorbed by the Foundry monster. I spend almost all my in game time , doing stuff in the Foundry and for the first time in months, I am not bored with the game

Good to see you still around too, Levi.
Captain
# 104
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
yeah, this old hippie isn't going anywhere
and you'll be happy to know that after you more or less shamed me for buying that Wells at 9000 ec, I realized that such a thing has happened to me in the past (Selling for a mistakenly typed low price). So, I decided to go ahead and support the game as you did, and have been buying keys when I can. Even dropped some real money on it. Probably not as much as you, but I am after all a poor, old hippie.

If there was some way of verifying who had put the ship up originally, I'd drop 50 Million on them.

I havent been actually playing very much recently. I have been absorbed by the Foundry monster. I spend almost all my in game time , doing stuff in the Foundry and for the first time in months, I am not bored with the game

Good to see you still around too, Levi.
So Glad to hear that hippie. Reflection is good for the soul. Not much you can do about the other person who made the mistake - I have done it once with the tuffli - sold it for 7 millon instead of 70 million - not as bad but still. The seller gets a ticket and I tried to contact the buyer but they put me on ignore. The seller gets a ticket but I don't know if there is a way as the buyer if you can find out. I tell you for a little while that day I felt like quiting. I was only asking for half back as I made the mistake, but they ignored me and Cryptic said they could do nothing.

Anyways the best part is the impact that it has had on your point of view, just desiring to make the gesture is great for your karma. Good on you.
Survivor of Remus
# 105
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Here's a thought that seems to be getting lost:

When somebody else gets something nice, that's them getting a reward, not you getting a penalty.
Ok....where is our (monthly subscribers) reward for sticking with the game and Cryptic through the absolute worst of times?
Starfleet Veteran
# 106
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So your solution is for Cryptic to blow hundreds of thousands of dollars to appease less than 20% of the playerbase?
You think it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to maintain vet rewards? I mean this light hearted... You sir are on crack
Starfleet Veteran
# 107
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Here's a thought that seems to be getting lost:

When somebody else gets something nice, that's them getting a reward, not you getting a penalty.
Not a penalty! Never said that... It is slapping in the face of your long term customers. Besides its 2 slaps for me. First getting rid of vet rewards shows that cryptic feels that paying long term subs ain't worth the time to create a belt, a shirt. Second slap is what they did to long term vets that earned the reward by giving it to "joe" with a cash and no wait for him. Turning vet rewards into a $199 on sale cstore item. C meaning cash now.
Career Officer
# 108
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Well since the first post seemed to close to the rest that is was moved or absorbed I'll try a different topic. What do I get?
You get my thanks.

Thank you.
Career Officer
# 109
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
You know LTS was intended to be a one time only game launch sale, but they later brought it back and have been using it from time to time as money grab sales.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have never bought the LTS at launch.
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Career Officer
# 110
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
You think it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to maintain vet rewards? I mean this light hearted... You sir are on crack
Not really. I think it honestly costs that.

I would venture that the 1000 day vet ship ALONE cost at least $30,000 to make. And probably cost them three times that in revenue by not selling it instead.