Captain
# 11
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Still super excited to get a new STF, obviously, but is there any insight as to why all the other STFs have a Space and a ground version, yet this new one is only going to be ground ?
Just wondering if that decision process can be shared ?

I would imagine the other STFs have both Space and Ground is because before they were split up as they are now they were each a single continuous mission. So instead of thowing away either portion they split them up, (with minor changes in some cases).
Career Officer
# 12
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Speaking of rem to nudge the team on gozers Children of Khan arc every so often please.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Community Moderator
# 13
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Moar blogs NOW!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.
Career Officer
# 15
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
... nudge the team on gozers Children of Khan arc every so often please.
Yes ! What theReaper just said.

YOu could always ... just walk by offices and say the words Children of Khan.
When they ask how your day was ... you could answer The Children of Khan would have made this a GREAT day !
When they ask what you are having for lunch ... you could say Children of Khan's Turkey Sandwich.
When they ask what is your favorite story ... you could say ...

I kid , of course, but I know there is a serious hope among players that Children of Khan has not been forgotten.
Career Officer
# 16
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Yay new stuff to do. Yes. Looking forward to it
Career Officer
# 17
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.

They said couple of times its not gonna happen . I dont know. No mean no .
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
About time for a new stf.. I love ground combat I do always hear the common whine about its star trek not ground trek. The thing is this is a game made from over half a century of ST series content which over half of it was away teams/ground. Ground combat is very simple so I do not see why people do not like it not to mention how fun it is
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
It's a ground mission

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
They're my favourite ones! Can't wait to play this one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxina View Post
They said couple of times its not gonna happen . I dont know. No mean no .
I no longer follow these forums closely enough to know what has and has not been ruled out - but I don't see a down side. If the short versions remain, what do they lose by adding the old ones back?

Any notion of 'story' in the current STFs is rubbish. Story was tossed out when they cut them down to 15 minute summaries.