Ensign
# 31
10-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Star fleet being fighting the Borg for decades and still have not develop any better ground weapons that don't need re-modulation, come on!! is time to get us some superior equipment to fight the enemies that don't need re-modulation every 2 seconds.
Career Officer
# 32
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's a ground mission

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ugh, so it is half of an STF . Not real happy about that. Although half is better than none, I was really hoping for this to keep consistent with what was previously developed (Space and Ground).

Could you guys please explain to us somehow why it is so difficult for story driven content to be produced? You have some very talented people and according to you you have a very robust engine. This leads me to believe you guys are using a very poor or outdated toolset something like an old version of Renderware or something.
Career Officer
# 33
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Took more than 2 years since you guys originally announced it, but it's finally here. Just wish we had the older STF version, where we can experience the storyline. Since the STF queued revamp, there is no storyline.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
So, what is the estimated playtime?
Will it have an actual narrative? Epic cutscenes (skippable of course for the 100th run you eventually do)?
And why would we believe that 5 people could just waltz in there and kill the Borg Queen, who, btw, is not a physical being but the whole collective with an Alice Krige avatar.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.
agree

with all borg equipment we have today
I believe it will be easier to finish the mission in original way
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Career Officer
# 36
10-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.
I definetely agree on this. I'm all up for the new version of the STFs as they are on holodeck right now. But the storyline originally was better. So I really would like to see this happening.

Another idea I had is to make them viable to be played solo and integrate it on the episode tab, effectively transforming it on missions like all the other borg missions we have (while keeping the actual queued version as well). So those who just wants to experience the storyline can do it without trouble. I don't know how muh dev time to do this it would take. But it seens a good idea.

And of course. I'm happy to see a new STF. I was wishing it to have an awesome space side as well. But this doesn't mean it won't be awesome. Thanks Cyptic.
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Republic Veteran
# 37
10-11-2012, 01:34 PM
So how are we getting there without our ships?

Could The Enterprise F give us a lift, would be nice to see the flagship earn her Name.

Nice cut scene showing the Enterprise dropping us off just a thought

Starfleet Veteran
# 38
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
So how are we getting there without our ships?

Could The Enterprise F give us a lift, would be nice to see the flagship earn her Name.

Nice cut scene showing the Enterprise dropping us off just a thought
That's what magical grouping queues are for... ah, if only Picard and Janeway had those back in the day!

Just queue up and poof we are in Unimatrix 001!
Empire Veteran
# 39
10-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Into The Hive would be a grand opprotunity to reintroduce the TR-116.

Say it's a very rare drop from the Queen, like techs are now?
Actually say the drop is a Schematic for the TR-116, that is used in a shipboard assignment to create a Mk I.
Then, once you have created one, there is a chain of shipboard assignments, requiring exotic ingredients like EDC, rare Salvage, etc., to upgrade it 1 mark higher, and so on til it's Mk XI. [This process here is where the people that had gotten it from Target have the advantage, they don't need the Schematic, they already have the rifle. They get the head start for being ravinous fans. ]
To Upgrade it to XII, you need the "Prototype Schematic" that is a rare drop from the Elite Queen.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 40
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Here's to hoping 2 years of waiting sinse we were told this STf was coming is worth the wait..... hopefully this will make me want to play STF's again...I never bothered sinse the "revamps."
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.