Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 71
09-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, I'm sorry to see you stop updating those great charts, SpiderMitch. You did a great deal of work.

When I first saw them, I actually thought they were official. And honestly, they should be and you should be paid for making them and updating them. Whenever I was thinking about trying a new ship, I used those charts.

Wish you luck and enjoy playing STO whenever you got free time.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Ensign
# 72
09-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I've been a long-time appreciator of these charts and was eagerly awaiting an update. I do wish you the best

May I have the resources you used to make this? I'd love to continue the legacy. I will begin working on my own chart if not, as I found them so useful, I'd simply love to be able to not start from scratch.
Career Officer
# 73
09-02-2012, 06:59 PM
a successor? sounds hopeful...
Captain
# 74
09-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpmk View Post
I've been a long-time appreciator of these charts and was eagerly awaiting an update. I do wish you the best

May I have the resources you used to make this? I'd love to continue the legacy. I will begin working on my own chart if not, as I found them so useful, I'd simply love to be able to not start from scratch.
I can't say to what point that'd please me if someone could carry on with those graphic charts.

I was thinking about trying something myself, sadly I have almost no skill whatsoever with photoshop, which would be needed. I mean, anyone can create a table of stats, but showing the ships (in all skins) themselves with intuitively placed stat values is art, and that's well beyond me.

If SpiderMitch is still watching, I'd implore him to let the charts live and maybe help if someone really has what it takes to "continue the legacy" (at least temporarily).

Danpmk, maybe you could send a pm to SpiderMitch, if you're really interested. I believe his ingame handle is somewhere in the thread...

Empire Veteran
# 75
09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Danpmk, maybe you could send a pm to SpiderMitch, if you're really interested. I believe his ingame handle is somewhere in the thread...
To make sure it's easy to find, here's his handle: Xeval@spidermitch (I'm the one who gave him an entire Aegis set )
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Ensign
# 76
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
To make sure it's easy to find, here's his handle: Xeval@spidermitch (I'm the one who gave him an entire Aegis set )
Thank you, I shall send him a message today.
Captain
# 77
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I take it those lovely graphical ship charts are resting in peace now.

Thanks again Spidermitch for all the decisions they helped me make and see you in a brighter future.

Ensign
# 78
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
I take it those lovely graphical ship charts are resting in peace now.

Thanks again Spidermitch for all the decisions they helped me make and see you in a brighter future.
He never got back to me, unfortunately. I do not have the artistic skill he did, nor can I just take the art without his permission, so that route is closed for now. As for a ship chart I'd make, it would be far less pretty. Aside from my lack of art skill, I do not know what tools he used to get those views of the ships (does anyone know?). If I made charts, they would be like the ones you said anyone can make; more of a table than the work of art these were.
Captain
# 79
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
As far as I know, mostly screenshots from the "ship tailor" were used. Of course that means you need people to send you pics of their ships (or you need to spend a lot of resources to get every last ship - not recommended ).

If you start a "table" as you say, I'd be happy to send you pics of ships I got (sadly I'm no big ship collector), and you could at least complement stats with a couple images.

Ensign
# 80
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
As far as I know, mostly screenshots from the "ship tailor" were used. Of course that means you need people to send you pics of their ships (or you need to spend a lot of resources to get every last ship - not recommended ).

If you start a "table" as you say, I'd be happy to send you pics of ships I got (sadly I'm no big ship collector), and you could at least complement stats with a couple images.
No worries, I've figured out how to view any model in the game, including any combination of parts and custom paint jobs like with the tailor. I'll throw some conceptis images together perhaps this weekend or next week, as this week I am rather busy.