Career Officer
# 41
10-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Unimatrix ONE?
Does that mean we are going to the Delta Quadrant?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unimatrix_01

nope Unimatrix One was destroyed in VOY Endgame.

hmm... if it was destroyed before, and rebuild again, so we go now to destroy it again, how can this be a final blow to the Borg? They will just rebuild it all again.

Also... this sounds very much like a suicide mission.
Take 4 dudes go into the Borg Queens chamber... and pew pew?

rly? that's the plan?
is there at least a Fleet of ships attacking the Unimatrix on the outside as diversion?
No?... uhm... who's plan was that again?
And... how do we get there? and how do we come back when everything around us is exploding?

Ah good thing we have some Klingons... respawn with honor and all that!
Rihannsu
# 42
10-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
I definetely agree on this. I'm all up for the new version of the STFs as they are on holodeck right now. But the storyline originally was better. So I really would like to see this happening.
That would mean over one hour missions, do you want a hour long mission were so many things can and will go wrong?

Quote:
Another idea I had is to make them viable to be played solo and integrate it on the episode tab, effectively transforming it on missions like all the other borg missions we have (while keeping the actual queued version as well).
Solo then? are you insane?

Those are team missions, they are not made to be soled without being downsized and being simplified to the 9th heavens, take Cure were you would be dependent on the AI to protect the consoles before they take down the shields, that is just not going to happen as things are.

Quote:
So those who just wants to experience the storyline can do it without trouble. I don't know how muh dev time to do this it would take. But it seens a good idea.
It would mean downgrade then to the point they would be redone.

Quote:
And of course. I'm happy to see a new STF. I was wishing it to have an awesome space side as well. But this doesn't mean it won't be awesome. Thanks Cyptic.
Lets hope we dont meet the Borg Assimilated Raptor's older brothers or something or require us to so some things we never thought about because we never played before, like Cure Space were its best NOT to kill the Cubes one at the time and just weaken then so we dont get swamped by the Super Raptors and being one shooted by Cubes or by the Gate in Infected.
Captain
# 43
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Great to have some new real ground content. That said, I would have liked a space STF. It's been a long long time since we've had anything lengthy set in space.

The STF looks to be great.

Also I'd like to add my voice to those asking for the old STFs (the full on blockbuster ones) to return. Not to replace the new versions, but act as the epic raid/story versions, where a team has to be good in space as well as ground.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 10-11-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
I definetely agree on this. I'm all up for the new version of the STFs as they are on holodeck right now. But the storyline originally was better. So I really would like to see this happening.

Another idea I had is to make them viable to be played solo and integrate it on the episode tab, effectively transforming it on missions like all the other borg missions we have (while keeping the actual queued version as well). So those who just wants to experience the storyline can do it without trouble. I don't know how muh dev time to do this it would take. But it seens a good idea.

And of course. I'm happy to see a new STF. I was wishing it to have an awesome space side as well. But this doesn't mean it won't be awesome. Thanks Cyptic.
I think this is a great idea, make the original STF's solo and part of the storyline, that way newb's can get a chance to run them and see what they're all about before doing the actual STF's, of course you would get unique rewards and not the EDC's or rare borg tech but it would give people a chance to read the stoy and take time going thru them instead of running thru them over and over without really knowing what the story is. There could even be info about what you acutally do in the real STF's so it's like a tutorial as well.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
That would mean over one hour missions, do you want a hour long mission were so many things can and will go wrong?
Actually, with the latest gear, those old STFs would be a breeze. They would be about normal difficulty level, and those can be really quickly done now.

Quote:
Solo then? are you insane?

Those are team missions, they are not made to be soled without being downsized and being simplified to the 9th heavens, take Cure were you would be dependent on the AI to protect the consoles before they take down the shields, that is just not going to happen as things are.
Easy. Just don't do respawns on the first transformer once you activated it and protected it from some workers. Player moves then on to the nsecond transformer and so on. the timers however remain, so you can't take forever to do it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
10-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
I am honestly having trouble seeing the down-side. No one ever suggested removing the current format of the STFs - the suggestion was to add the original, long versions as an option for those who actually enjoy a challenge.

I've yet to see a single argument as to why this a bad idea.
Empire Veteran
# 47
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Finally what I have been waiting for.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 48
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I love that we're getting moar ground.
# 49
10-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Actually, with the latest gear, those old STFs would be a breeze. They would be about normal difficulty level, and those can be really quickly done now.
I am sorry but no, they have 15 minute timers and they dont start immediate, at beast you be looking at 30-40 minutes missions and that at the very best.

Yes, I know some people in PvE like to brag about how kewl they are and maybe there are many competent players that could perhaps solo some of then (no way you can Solo Infected Ground due to the console activation having to be done by 3 people) but that is just bragging, we cannot set the entry bar to the skill of a small elite.

Quote:
Easy. Just don't do respawns on the first transformer once you activated it and protected it from some workers. Player moves then on to the nsecond transformer and so on. the timers however remain, so you can't take forever to do it.
Not that easy, Infected Ground requires jumping and there the whole locked room and other funny stiff, can you get the Optional in Infected Ground solo? I do not think so.

The entire missions would have to be redesigned for solo players in terms of objectives and difficulty, you cannot defend the Kang and blow up the Cube Shipyards at the same time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
10-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't even see why they would be so long?

The space missions get to be done in under 15 minutes nearly all the time.

The ground parts are slightly longer 15-30 minutes.

So no full STF would take longer than 45 minutes.

The reason they used to be that long was our crappy gear we had back then and the unrefined strategies.

After running hundreds of them, everyone of us can do them in their sleep.
And the same strategies would mean steam rolling the old versions.

Heck, the old Infected space part was way shorter than it is today. A good team would blast the gate to under 25% and mob up the incoming ships and the tac cube. Should take not even 10 minutes atworst.
Cure space classic amounted to one lousy mob on the first part, 3 mobs on teh second and the assimilated carrier which is barely and afterthought in the current STF.

The Only space part really taking a long time was the classic KA, which was really 3 space parts, the unrelenting waves of probes and spheres heading for the vortex, the 3 cube mobs over Vega Colony and the Boss fight against Donatra after the ground part. You know, the one where she kept regenerating over and over between sending waves and waves of lesser borg ships.