Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Empire Veteran
Test-driving these ships, the power states that it drains 75 weapon power upon completion.

However, both ships were using the attack preset, and were usually around 100 weapon power when firing weapons, with 85-ish being the lowest observed. The power drain from using the Lotus would be steep, but it shouldn't drain all power.

But instead, it drains ALL weapon power, whether you're at 80 or 125. And it keeps your weapons offline by staying at 0 for a few seconds.

Further testing has shown this is a consistent side-effect.

Anyone else seeing this?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Confirmed, Lotus drains all weapon power completely, no further shots are available for a few seconds whilst it recharges, have your batteries at the ready!
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Possible that equipping an EPS Flow Regulator console would be of benefit? May be worth a try.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 4
10-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
However, both ships were using the attack preset, and were usually around 100 weapon power when firing weapons, with 85-ish being the lowest observed. The power drain from using the Lotus would be steep, but it shouldn't drain all power.
Are you using the Lotus by itself? Or in combination with other Weapons? (which would add their own power drain)
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Are you using the Lotus by itself? Or in combination with other Weapons? (which would add their own power drain)
I've tested the Lotus quite a few times, both with other weapons firing, and as the first shot in battle (literally not touching the other weapons).

Every single time I've used it, the Lotus drained all weapon power, instead of it's described 75.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Possible that equipping an EPS Flow Regulator console would be of benefit? May be worth a try.
EPS Flow Regulator only boosts the recovery speed (which happens a few seconds after your weapon power drops to 0). With or without it, the Lotus drains all weapon power, regardless of modifiers.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Used Nadion Inversion and eps before shooting it, did nothing, weapon power still went to 0
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
Used Nadion Inversion and eps before shooting it, did nothing, weapon power still went to 0
^ Which is definitely an issue. Not exactly game-breaking, but quite annoying
Captain
# 8
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Can we keep it that way? The Lotus needs a nerf for making my DNC jealous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Republic Veteran
# 9
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Confirmed, this bug is somewhat annoying. Also weapons batter doesn't quite help return power after instantly as it should.
Career Officer
# 10
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Confirmed here as well on KDF. Drains my 125+ to 0, turns the icon red and stays at zero for a bit before it begins regenerating. Using a battery right away wastes it, wait the few seconds for the icon to return to a normal color, then pop the batt and resume fire. (I found it useful to use it just before a torpedo spread.)

It also appears to lock you out of any other abilities until the animation starts?

1) Fix it?
2) Apply the -75 *before* the hard cap?
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 10-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.