Starfleet Veteran
# 51
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Not that easy, Infected Ground requires jumping and there the whole locked room and other funny stiff, can you get the Optional in Infected Ground solo? I do not think so.

The entire missions would have to be redesigned for solo players in terms of objectives and difficulty, you cannot defend the Kang and blow up the Cube Shipyards at the same time.
Yes, some reworking would need to be done. But the new STFs introduced the bridges on normal which would work for BOFFs and who says there needs to be an optional for the solo version?

Stuff like teh kang defense I would cut back out and return it to the original scripting where you had a timer to destroy as many shipyards as you can to cut down teh number of enemies before the fight.
Career Officer
# 52
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
No Space portion?

Suddenly I find myself completely indifferent to the whole thing.
Captain
# 53
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
After running hundreds of them, everyone of us can do them in their sleep.
I CANT.

I know my limits and also been around long enough to know that is BS, I seen many fail ... heck I seen a Infected Space fail because of a quiter due to "BAWWW OPTIONAL, YOU ALL SUCK" were at the end I was looking at a Tactical Cube and 4 Spheres all by myself.

And dont give me some BS talk about that if I want I can ... this is the kindergarten teacher talk, we are adults and I am not going to be a Jet Pilot or a Astronaut at my age, flying a keyboard is as far as I can with that and even at that I had better reaction times years ago.

Maybe you like the pre-F2P days and the old MMO method but I assure you, what you get with putting then back as before is nothing but setting a bar were most players WILL fail and sounds to be its nothing but a attempt of the usual "STF Elites" to go around bragging and look down on the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
Another idea I had is to make them viable to be played solo and integrate it on the episode tab, effectively transforming it on missions like all the other borg missions we have (while keeping the actual queued version as well). So those who just wants to experience the storyline can do it without trouble. I don't know how muh dev time to do this it would take. But it seens a good idea.
Good idea. When I played DCUO what I liked most in that game was that each quest chain you do when you level up ends with an instance that you can do solo and when you reach max level you unlock a new version of that instance, but design for a group, with higher difficulty level and slightly changed mechanics. I wish for something similar for STO.

I like that it's just a ground mission. I have nothing against space missions, but I think it's better to have the story closed in just one mission. Having two missions for old STFs must be confusing for newer players (which is first ground or space part first???).
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.

Last edited by kwiat007; 10-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Captain
# 55
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
Having two missions for old STFs must be confusing for newer players (which is first ground or space part first???).
What confusing? its Space first and Ground second unless its KA were its Ground First and Space Second.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
I CANT.

I know my limits and also been around long enough to know that is BS, I seen many fail ... heck I seen a Infected Space fail because of a quiter due to "BAWWW OPTIONAL, YOU ALL SUCK" were at the end I was looking at a Tactical Cube and 4 Spheres all by myself.

And dont give me some BS talk about that if I want I can ... this is the kindergarten teacher talk, we are adults and I am not going to be a Jet Pilot or a Astronaut at my age, flying a keyboard is as far as I can with that and even at that I had better reaction times years ago.

Maybe you like the pre-F2P days and the old MMO method but I assure you, what you get with putting then back as before is nothing but setting a bar were most players WILL fail and sounds to be its nothing but a attempt of the usual "STF Elites" to go around bragging and look down on the rest of us.
Again, why would bringing back the old STFs affect you? No one is suggesting they would replace the current ones. At the same time, it's not unreasonable to say that this game caters to very many types of people who might legitimately find the current missions too easy.

Bragging has very little to do with it. If you can't physically play certain content, no one is forcing you to.

This is a storm in a teacup.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
I CANT.

Well, with all due respect, but if you can't do the current STFs reliably (and ultimately it depends on the entire team, of course) then what's teh difference if you can't do the old ones? Genuine question. if something is to difficult for someown, he won' do it, so a different additional version doesn't mean he is losing something.

And people here ask to add the old missions in in addition to the current ones. So everyone can keep doing those without being forced to do the classic stuff.

Those would clearly be for those of us who enjoy the story over the grind of repeating them without end and for better socializing.

And that is everything I have to say about that matter here, because this is a thread about the next STF. carry on.
Captain
# 58
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
And people here ask to add the old missions in in addition to the current ones. So everyone can keep doing those without being forced to do the classic stuff.
Because they will not stop at there, give a hand and they will take a arm.

I read this same request but what did it also wanted? the Borg set pieces to be "exclusive" to the "classic STF", eventually the "classic STF" would be the real deal with the actual rewards as the rewamp STFs would be for LOL N00bs to "train", the forums dont give me exactly a nice picture of the Elite STF players.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
My hope for Into the Hive (and all future STFs) is that the optional objective is not time based, that it's something more creative than just "do the mission in XXX seconds" and that it requires something more than just lots and lots of DPS.

If they bring the old STFs rewards for doing those should be worse than for the current STFs. Rewards should be based on difficulty and the difficulty should be in the challenge the opponents provide and not in the time needed to finish the mission.

Old style STFs should be in just for the story.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.

Last edited by kwiat007; 10-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 60
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
What confusing? its Space first and Ground second unless its KA were its Ground First and Space Second.
Well, KA lost a whole ground section.

IMHO, at this point, what we need are trailers explaining what the heck is going on in each STF, accessible from the Omega Force office on DS9.