Career Officer
# 742
10-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
I meant the image on the blog shows the nacelles extended in sector space. The reality has them contracted.
Yeah I know, I was agreeing with you
Career Officer
# 743
10-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
2) FLEETBOTS TRANSFORM! Sorry, but the ship comes with a ridiculous un-Star Trek-like amount of moving parts. The ship is beautiful by itself, while moving nacelles would have been an interesting feature for the sector space mode also adjusting those giant pylons is just too much. The tactical mode is just ridiculous. Sorry, with what's in the saucer there it would be practically uninhabitable and the windows on it would just be for show. And it looks bad Jim. Sometimes less is more.
Like you said, there is no way that the interior could house crew within the saucer because of all those moving parts and weapon systems. (And the belly of the Chimera is awfully imbalancing). Besides, what function does extending the side of the saucer do anyhow?

It's even worse with the KDF ship, because where in the world would the Warp Core go? Did they move it inside the boom?

If you ask me, the Chimera should've been like a wolf in sheap's clothing (the DS9 Defenses in the Dominion War) and more weapon systems pop out by revealing more phaser arrays and torpedo banks. Or the reverse and armored parts of the ship cover the vulerable parts of the ship.

With that KDF ship, first of all, I'd scrap the ugly thing. Second, if I had to choose a transformation mode, I would have the wings lower and reveal those disruptor cannons. And a torpedo launcher extend from the engineering hull, at the same time an armored shell covered the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Those are the super beam arrays for the lotus weapon, at least the beams fired from those locations for me.
Dude, I obviously knew that. /facepalm. I was making a sarcastic statement, not a literal statement.

Like Ktar said, it's not something you would see in Star Trek on a Federation or Klingon Starship.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-11-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 744
10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
I even went to sector space to see if it had some cool new slip stream animation but it seems to me its the same one, so I guess you just go abit faster *shrug*.
The Slipstream lasts for longer than normal (1 minute instead of 30 seconds) the same as the Odyssey.

On a half-relevant note: today is the day my account says 1000 days.
Captain
# 745
10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoav160 View Post
I do know of a beta player who stills pays monthly. I think he is losing this way.
I've been playing since beta. With the life cycles of many mmo's, $300 didn't make sense to hope it lasted 4 years, and I am back in school and not working so much. I can't afford to throw down that much money in one shot. And when it does go an sale, it typically is right after I renew my annual subscription.
Starfleet Veteran
# 746
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Like you said, there is no way that the interior could house crew within the saucer because of all those moving parts and weapon systems. (And the belly of the Chimera is awfully imbalancing). Besides, what function does extending the side of the saucer do anyhow?

Sliding away the locks that are holding the weapon's seal in place would seem to be the easiest explanation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 747
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Like you said, there is no way that the interior could house crew within the saucer because of all those moving parts and weapon systems.
The following video explains it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTL7SO-BoMU
Commander
# 748
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
The following video explains it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTL7SO-BoMU
Whilst I've still been peeking at these forums daily, methinks it's been weeks since I last logged on here. Yet, I couldn't resist logging in to simply say that that video was inssssaaannnne!!!! And, it also gave me a good laugh, in lieu of all this Chimera transformative ability talk.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Starfleet Veteran
# 749
10-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Am I the only one that thinks of the Death Blossom from The Last Starfighter when I saw the Lotus ability? Can only fire when panels are open, drains power, fires at everything around you within range, names are flower related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UsTBGyE#t=117s
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Commander
# 750
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Am I the only one that thinks of the Death Blossom from The Last Starfighter when I saw the Lotus ability? Can only fire when panels are open, drains power, fires at everything around you within range, names are flower related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UsTBGyE#t=117s
You don't spin around in a crazy fashion though....

And if so...we could only use it once
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.