Ensign
Hope I'm posting this in the proper place...

Recently I've been unable to access *any* patrol missions. My 'primary' character hasn't been able to access them for a couple weeks (or longer) now, and my 'secondary' character hasn't been able to access them since last week. I used the "Request GM Help", and the person that responded told me they couldn't help, that I should report it as a bug, but that I probably wouldn't hear anything back.

I did some google/forum searches, but couldn't find anything useful in the results, which led me here.

Since I don't have a complete list, the following systems have patrol missions (as I've done them numerous times), but can't access them any longer:

Zeta Andromedae:
B'Lil, Bavar, Lahra, Mirish, Oradhe, Kalesta, Phi, Mec, Myrax, Vestalan, Enocha, and Crown.

As I said above, I used to be able to access all of these, but now I can't. I also can't access the patrol missions in Beta Ursae or Alpha Trianguli. I've even tried random planets in other sectors, but can't access anything there, either.

The weird thing is, I can still access the daily missions (Defera, etc), DS9, etc. I can also enter systems if I do a mission replay. I just can't access *any* patrol missions.

Anyone have any ideas?
Rihannsu
# 2
10-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Patrol Missions are gone, if you want to patrol just go to the planet and pick the "patrol" option if available.
Ensign
# 3 *sigh*
10-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought I had made it clear in my first post, but apparently I had not.

I know the old "Go patrol these three systems in X sector" contacts/missions are gone. That was announced some time ago. I even listed the 12 systems in the Zeta Andromedae sector that are supposed to have "Patrol" pop-ups when you get close enough, but no longer pop-up for me. While in game last night, another player that was paying attention to Zone chat went to several of the systems I mentioned and the "Patrol (system)" dialog popped up for him.

It's not working on two of my characters, and I'd like to know why/get it fixed. No matter how close I get to the planet, or how many circles up/down I fly around the system, the pop-ups no longer, err, pop-up.

If it helps anyone -- I am A *real* 1000 day veteran (as of today). I'm not new to the way the Patrol missions have changed from how they were originally implemented. Hell -- those missions are a good part of why I'm sitting on just over 1.8 million unspent expertise points. That, and the fleet leader always throws his own unspent expertise points into new starbase projects before I can...
Rihannsu
# 4
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Well not all systems are open as you know, it shown on me because I eventually stop doing it ... either its on cooldown and have a long cooldown or they are now a "do it once and that it".
Ensign
# 5
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty sure they're not a "do once and you're done"... If they're on a timer, it's a long timer. This week marks the third week my primary character cannot access *any* patrol mission. It'd be nice to hear something from PWE/Cryptic on this.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michrech View Post
I'm pretty sure they're not a "do once and you're done"... If they're on a timer, it's a long timer. This week marks the third week my primary character cannot access *any* patrol mission. It'd be nice to hear something from PWE/Cryptic on this.
They ARE a do once and you're done mission though.

they were like that before the change and they have been like it since the change.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission