Captain
# 11
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They already stated that it will enter the Lobi Store eventually. Plans could change though.
Which is disappointing.... If lockboxes had something in the lockbox, something in the lobi store, and something in the C-Store, that would cover all the bases, and in turn make more room for profit.

Or so you'd think....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Career Officer
# 12
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey.

Hey devs.

Hey.

Info on this plz.
Career Officer
# 13
10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Just a question for other fans of the uniform but have you thought about which color scheme you'll go with?

I'm torn because I want a crew in the muted versions from the episode "Relativity" and have my colors picked out in advance.

But I really like the "black collar/bright blue/no rank" version Braxton wore in "Future's End."

I may use up two costume slots on this uniform. Kinda hoping we get a sale on costume slots before October ends. I have 10 or so but my fleet likes to have a variety of theme costume slots for fleet runs. (There are fleet uniforms but also a green Enterprise dress and formal wear for ground STF runs.) I have substantially more costumes unlocked than I have space to display.

But whatever happens, I'm tempted to use this one in BOTH canon color schemes.
Career Officer
# 14
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I was just going to use my personal color scheme. Red for Tac, gold for Eng, blue for Science, teal for Medical. I think those uniforms will look slick in "modern" colors.
Career Officer
# 15
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Just a question for other fans of the uniform but have you thought about which color scheme you'll go with?

I'm torn because I want a crew in the muted versions from the episode "Relativity" and have my colors picked out in advance.

But I really like the "black collar/bright blue/no rank" version Braxton wore in "Future's End."

I may use up two costume slots on this uniform. Kinda hoping we get a sale on costume slots before October ends. I have 10 or so but my fleet likes to have a variety of theme costume slots for fleet runs. (There are fleet uniforms but also a green Enterprise dress and formal wear for ground STF runs.) I have substantially more costumes unlocked than I have space to display.

But whatever happens, I'm tempted to use this one in BOTH canon color schemes.
I'm personally going with the Relativity Blackish body and Royal Blue Collar for Command. but as a VA I'm hoping that the White collar trim can be customized so I can make it as near to gold as possible. also hoping they Starfleet Delta / Comm badge is included. I've got nearly 600 LC ( 591 to be exact ) waiting to pick up these if they do in fact come to the lobi store...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
I'm personally going with the Relativity Blackish body and Royal Blue Collar for Command. but as a VA I'm hoping that the White collar trim can be customized so I can make it as near to gold as possible. also hoping they Starfleet Delta / Comm badge is included. I've got nearly 600 LC ( 591 to be exact ) waiting to pick up these if they do in fact come to the lobi store...
You think it's possible that the scriptwriters may have figured that the 29th century starfleet may have done away with the "command department" and had a setup similar to STO's 2409 where you just have the tac, sci, and eng departments and anyone can be a captain? In so doing, that would make Braxton a science Captain, commanding a Science Vessel.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 17
10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
most likely will be a cstore uniform me thinks
Picard uses Android, Must have one hell of a Data plan.
Captain
# 18
10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
I will get this uniform. I'll use my Refined Dilithium to save up to open lockboxes to get the lobi crystals. I will not spend real money towards ANY fluff item no matter how much I want it. The only thing that will earn Cryptic any real money from me will be the release of monthly playable content in a similar manner to how Funcom is doing it with the Secret World. If Cryptic started doing that, I would subscribe again.

But i do want this uniform. So I will obtain it through ingame means.

Regarding uniforms. I think that all of them should have an optional admiral varriant that turns the most minimal color, essentially the trim, into metalic gold automatically if any Admiral Rank pips are selected...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Officer
# 19
10-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
You think it's possible that the scriptwriters may have figured that the 29th century starfleet may have done away with the "command department" and had a setup similar to STO's 2409 where you just have the tac, sci, and eng departments and anyone can be a captain? In so doing, that would make Braxton a science Captain, commanding a Science Vessel.
valid points. but as we've only seen a limited screen time for that era, it's hard to nail down a SOP for such things. it's like the new Oddy Uniform from the Fleet Base system, by the name alone it's stated to be the Uniform that the Enterprise F crew should be wearing but, how the division colors are set up, and what not aren't set in stone yet that I know of. and it would be nice to see a starfleet delta / comm badge that went along with it that wasn't the All Good Things one or we could maybe make an argument to use the Future Imperfect fake comm badge, but then again, a never before seen one would be even better.

long post short, the best we know blue is Command / Conn , Red is Engineering and Security and the green is Sci/ Med . but until the other show falls and we're given a CBS final word on it. it's all up in the air.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Career Officer
# 20
10-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
I suppose?

But my feeling is that they wanted command as blue to show the colors had come full circle since TOS but maybe also to show that science and command were the same thing in the future.