Starfleet Veteran
So, I thought I'd post a rant here about the impossibru Borg Tech. Namely, the shields from both Infected variations.

I must've run Infected 25 times on both sides, and the only Prototype I ever received was Salvage, and I only got 5 of those. It seems that my trying to earn Elite Commander seems to be impeded by the extremely low chance of either Prototype.
I could run a Cure or Khitomer Accord without a problem, maybe 1/10 Prototype matches. This STF seems more like 1/100.

Speaking of Infected, https://i.chzbgr.com/imagestore/2012...c4c1f0ec3e.png
That is probably the worst feature I've seen. Ever. Not only must a team of 5 kill Borg, plant a virus, and kill Simmons, they need to do that just to reach the loot pile.
Do not want.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Funny I have the shield ... and I am missing the engines.
Captain
# 3
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Infected space prototype drops like crazy
For me I got both mk 12s and 6 spares I'n my bank

Cure ground and space were hard for me to get

Infected ground was a little slow I'n dropping

Both kits droped easy and both missions
Are easy
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 4 Lack of Prototype tech
10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I have been running Elite STFs for over six months now. And in that time, I have only aquired two, yes I said two, Prototype tech parts. The engines and deflector. I have yet to get a prototype shield or even a second engine or deflector. I have played enough elites to have gotten over 40 MK XII weapons and I'm still waiting on more prototype tech. In fact I havn't recieved any prototype tech in over four months now at all. It's always rare. Maybe a better idea would be to make it possible to get the MK XII Omega and M.A.C.O. sets by saving rare tech or prototype tech. Just a thought.
Captain
# 5
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
I must've run Infected 25 times...

I've run it nearly 300 times on ground. No shield tech on the ground. Got the space tech relatively quickly...

I really never thought Infected Ground would be the one giving me issures... I always thought it would be Cure...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
its literally just luck of the drop (which somehow sucks for everyone but me) I got my proto shield on my 2nd ISE run...and 4 proto salvage

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 7
10-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I think you should be able to trade I'n 4 common
Prototypes for a rare
4 rares for a very rare

There is no reason to make people grind
100s of missions with no end I'n sight
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Commander
# 8
10-13-2012, 01:19 PM
I played from the beginning of f2p and didn't get a single proto shield tech drop till about half way through season 6. After that they started raining and I have about 4 to 5 of each now, that all started happening in about a weeks time. Afterwards it slowed down alot again.

I guess the borg sent a fleet of test ships through that had all the fancy stuff on them.
Career Officer
# 9
10-14-2012, 10:51 AM
one of my toons took 78 runs to get a space shield on ISE...

others usually get it on first 10 runs. There's a rumour that your first dozen or so STFs are lucky ones, so I usually run only ISE for a first dozen.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 10
10-15-2012, 06:17 AM
You people do understand that MK XII loot is totally optional right?

This is the only high end loot ( kinda ) that there is to get in the whole STO game so it has to be expected to be hard to come by.

But even then, i can say that i almost always get my loot from Infected the first before Khitomer or Cure so all talks about drop rates are purely anecdotal.

Some of my chars ( i have 12, 9 VA/LG ) got all the MK XII gear in a single play day while some are still trying ot get it after months and multiple attempts.

It's luck. It really is just that. Good news is that i always got enough EDC to buy all and equip MK XI and play with it while keep trying for the MK XII.