Survivor of Remus
# 91
10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
A 'TON' of space missions huh.....I always get suspicious when Cryptic uses generic terms like that.......we've had the 'BIG' and 'EPIC' updates that failed to deliver.....'TON' is meaningless without some number attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
When they (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord) were originally developed, they were one mission with space and ground portions. When they were remastered, space and ground versions were made. Into the Hive is about infiltrating the Unimatrix and confronting the Borg Queen -- we developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
'We developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.'.....I'm sorry,but after 2(!) years this really sounds like 'We were to lazy to actually finish the mission and design a space part for it.'
Commander
# 92
10-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
A 'TON' of space missions huh.....I always get suspicious when Cryptic uses generic terms like that.......we've had the 'BIG' and 'EPIC' updates that failed to deliver.....'TON' is meaningless without some number attached to it.

'We developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.'.....I'm sorry,but after 2(!) years this really sounds like 'We were to lazy to actually finish the mission and design a space part for it.'
^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 93
10-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Looks nice, but the Borg are a tired cliche and I'm pretty sick of them.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 94
10-12-2012, 07:44 AM
"Take you right into the heart of the action..." without wasting time in a space part.

Ok, so a space battle is apparently not part of the action.

But then again, what could a ITH space battle provide that the other three can't? Thinking up new space mechanics is a bit too much, granted.

What I would like to see is a new kind of kit the Queen drops, which you can customize with your reputation XP.
Career Officer
# 95
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
What rewards will we get for this? That's the question. Or will it be a hollow STF like Terradome? Sure we'll all play it and rant and rave about it, and sure kicking the queen off her throne will be a worthwhile reward but then what? A lock box, two uncommons and maybe one rare or if someone is lucky a very rare XI drop?

That concern aside, I can't wait to try this with my fleet!
Career Officer
# 96
10-12-2012, 08:11 AM
So - is this also going to be broken down into "Into The Hive Ground" and "Into The Hive" Spce like the rest of the Borg STFs? What are the rewards for this? How about a Random piecce of Proto Borg Tech both space AND ground? I'd be cool with that....
Career Officer
# 97
10-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Starcraft II infatuation?

First we get the Bortas, which looks like the Hyperion Command Cruiser.
Now the Borg Queen resembles the Queen of Blades.

No space portion is a bummer as well.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 10-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Career Officer
# 98
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I'm more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It's taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2?

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic.
Republic Veteran
# 99
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...
Yeah, we should do it like Picard, and Future Janeway did...alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjgee View Post
The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I?m more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It?s taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2?

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic.
Maybe you did not see the big one in front of it, most likely to be followed by two, and since we are in mid October and season 7 comes out mid November, we might get lots of blogs leading up to it.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 10-12-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 100
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
Starcraft III infatuation?

First we get the Bortas, which looks like the Hyperion Command Cruiser.
Now the Borg Queen resembles the Queen of Blades.

No space portion is a bummer as well.
Yay, I'm not the only one who noticed lol~

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |