Republic Veteran
# 41
10-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I went on only long enough to claim the ship on my toons, but I haven't set it up yet.

I plan on trying it with my tac first with this set up I think

Borg deflector and engine, MACO MK XII sheild

Thinking about going 3X MK XII phaser DHC and quad cannons fore
3 MK XII phaser turrets aft

Tac consoles: 4X Phaser
Sci: borg conosle and field emitter
Engineering: Neutronium, ablative, and DTS

Commander tac boff: tt1, csv, cfr, apo3
lt eng: epts1, rsp
lt. sci: tss, he
universal ensign: epts1 (or tac team)
universal lt. commander: he, tss, grav well 1 (or tt1, crf, csv)
Commanding Officer of Task Force Midnight
Check out The Verdict for all your gaming news needs. www.dutchjustice.com
Career Officer
# 42
10-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsofanempire View Post
I have to admit, it looks silly and uncannon. Phaser banks don't look like that. Its just saying 'HEY THIS IS WHERE MY BIG GUNS ARE, TARGET ME HERE, I EVEN PUT A GOLD STRIPE ON THEM'. Mind, the KDF version looks even more stupid. You wouldn't have a big block of green to fire something from.
I agree.

Not to mention, if you think of it from a ship architectural perspective, where the heck they going to put all the rooms at, when most of the interior is going to the weapon and transformation systems. And with the Klingon Ship........where are they going to put the Warp Core of all things? Because that weapon system literally takes up 90% of the Engineering section.

Personally, with the Klingon ship, we should've had those large disruptor canons appearing out of the hull, while the wings are being lowered into attack position. Same could be said with the Chimera where you pull back some hull to reveal extra torpedo banks.
Career Officer
# 43
10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh man, I got in with this ship last night and wow is it fun. I did a bit of work on the Klingon one as well and these ships are just awesome. I wasn't sure what I would think about the Chimera at first, but it's a very beautiful ship once you see it in game. The whole saucer splitting up thing is unique, and very fun. Hat's off to all the Dev's who made it. I'm very pleased to have it in my little fleet.
Career Officer
# 44
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Personally I would have liked it to have universal cmdr instead of a tac cmdr, then all classes could enjoy it. I am currently on a sci captain, and I don't think the chimera will be anything for me. I'll go with a sci ship so that I can have my precious Gravity Well 3.
Lt. Commander
# 45 reply
10-12-2012, 01:08 AM
i have been seeing people complaining about the look of the sauser collapsing to reveal the phaser lotus well think about it this ship is trying to make enemies think its a light cruiser or science vessel then when enemy thinks they have easy target out pops the lotus and they realize too late its a trap.
Career Officer
# 46
10-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Trying to come up with a decent layout for an Engineer using this ship. Any tips, ideas would greatly be appreciated.
Rihannsu
# 47
10-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Ok this is what I got so far and it works great.

EnGI Class
Boff Skills
Com.TT1,Beta1,crf2,crf3
lt Com.TT1,beta1,beamoverload3
LT engi.eps1,aux2bat1
ensign engi.eps1
lt sci.HE1,TSS2

Weapons
3DHC phaser, 1 dual beam Phaser, 3 phaser turrets in back.

Consoles
Non consoles:3 piece borg, maco 12 shield
Consoles:
TAC:4 phaser relays(Boosts lotus power)
Engi:2 neutroniums and 1 vet ship console
Sci:asimlated borg console field gen.

Doffs

2 Technicians(helps CD for tac inversion)
2shield distribution doffs
1 subnuke(u can run a beam doff instead but I dont)

Strategy:
1. smaller stuff enter tac mode and obliterate, keep eye on shields its made of paper.
2. bigger stuff go into regen mode and if shields hur use tacheyon inversion then activate aux2bat to reduce the CD of that ability and every time keep hitting that ability as u can.
3. right after lotus hit eps flow regulator and that way your weapon power isnt low after words.(5 min cd for lotus and 3 min for flow so u can do this every time.
4. make sure to line up shots and if tac inversion isnt up stay in tac mode.

Skills
pic 1
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/9573/skillsforiwin.png
pic 2
http://imageshack.us/a/img407/684/skillsforiwin2.png

Pic of my sexy girl char
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/8397/mycharh.png

hope you guys like my glass cannon build
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Last edited by srspells; 10-12-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Commander
# 48
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM
It reminds me of an A 10 Wart Hog in that its a butt ugly ship with some solid offensive competence that will be around and in use after sexier ships make box or shop release. I don?t like how it devalues my Dreadnought or under cuts the creation of more solid sci fi Trek ships for stupid gimmicks in a worse way than even the silly multi vector assault mode nonsense created when Trek?s writing was falling into the black hole of ineptitude. "Spock's Brain" was better thought out...
Career Officer
# 49
10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
I played around with it a little last night. I basically just grabbed everything off my Prometheus and threw it on just to see what would happen. Phaser Lotus is fun, but definitely not "I WIN". It might do better if I was actually running a phaser setup rather than the AP stuff from the Prometheus, but still. 5 minute cooldown and basically drops your Weapon power to 0 requiring a battery/EP2W/Aux2W to start firing again. Watching it launch off phaser lances one after the other in 360? arc is super fun though.

I tried the Regeneration mode basically just to do it. I was never "forced" to deactivate tactical mode due to damage when running Starbase Alert. I pulled aggro on the flagship at the end and kept it, and he couldn't do jack to me. I miss the maneuverability of flying around the Prometheus Beta vector, but this thing tanks like a HEC.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
I played around with it a little last night. I basically just grabbed everything off my Prometheus and threw it on just to see what would happen. Phaser Lotus is fun, but definitely not "I WIN". It might do better if I was actually running a phaser setup rather than the AP stuff from the Prometheus, but still. 5 minute cooldown and basically drops your Weapon power to 0 requiring a battery/EP2W/Aux2W to start firing again. Watching it launch off phaser lances one after the other in 360? arc is super fun though.

I tried the Regeneration mode basically just to do it. I was never "forced" to deactivate tactical mode due to damage when running Starbase Alert. I pulled aggro on the flagship at the end and kept it, and he couldn't do jack to me. I miss the maneuverability of flying around the Prometheus Beta vector, but this thing tanks like a HEC.
Well, for one carry Weapons Batteries. It's got the extra device slot to carry them.

Two: it's set up to where in tac mode it crits every 5 shots or so from my experience. That's horrifying. Well, for the other guys anyway. I'm only running two Mrk XI Rare Phaser relays and I'm hitting 1200-1300 DPS per gun before APO/CRF/CSV II. I am very impressed with the ship. Though I end up in instances where I outdamage everyone and end up with all the aggro....