Empire Veteran
# 21
10-08-2012, 06:52 AM
This is a very interesting challenge, but it's also very challenging. Some FEs offer obvious possibilities, some others don't. I guess we'll see a bunch of Obisek and Breen missions.

I still have to find a good idea and an interesting plot. That's not easy. I might be out of the challenge this time.
Career Officer
# 22
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I almost considered doing a KDF mission on this one, but in light of my recent attempt I figured I would try to please the masses instead and make a Federation mission. Granted I really shot myself in the foot with the last one's level requirement, but I still liked it.

Personally it just seems that Fed's are way more played and people have better access to them. Kind of disappointing but it's the way it is.

I look forward to working on this one and seeing what people think.
Rihannsu
# 23
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
My current plan involves investigating a trade route for Melani Di'an.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 24
10-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I've already noticed a trend of Time-Travel based missions... theres always a trend... I guess great minds really do think alike!

I want to put soo much extra bits and bobs in my mission but ive noticed people actually complain about it; "That level was pointless" "I didn't get it", ever heard of 'setting the scene'!... Well im going to opt for the whole 'keep it simple', difficult given its a time travel mission!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lieutenant
# 25
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
I have a couple questions about the rules as this is my first time competing.
1) Am I allowed to pre-publish before the approved time to test the mission as long as I withdraw it after testing? There are times where things have worked well pre-publishing and broken during publishing.
2) Am I allowed to pre-publish and have fleet mates/friends test it with me as a beta testing?
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconer View Post
1) Am I allowed to pre-publish before the approved time to test the mission as long as I withdraw it after testing? There are times where things have worked well pre-publishing and broken during publishing.
2) Am I allowed to pre-publish and have fleet mates/friends test it with me as a beta testing?
You can test your mission but you should put a disclaimer into the title and mission detail.
Not sure about having others test it though. Bran should answer that.
Commander
# 27
10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
What sort of mission have you got planned then? Klingon? Another Timetravel Epic?
Oh, welcome to the FC-Community
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lieutenant
# 28
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
What sort of mission have you got planned then? Klingon? Another Timetravel Epic?
Oh, welcome to the FC-Community
I'm planning a Federation Mission to take place after Boldly they Rode. I've done a 3 missions but still learning. Try to learn something new on each mission so hoping this contest will push me a bit more.
And thank you for the welcome
Rihannsu
# 29
10-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
I'm planning a Federation Mission to take place after Boldly they Rode. I've done a 3 missions but still learning. Try to learn something new on each mission so hoping this contest will push me a bit more.
Hunh, I had a similar idea. But I've decided to try doing a KDF spin on it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 30
10-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Sounds cool. I know what you mean, my first entry was actually my second ever creation, I've learnt so much since then; like putting the spell checker on US not UK! And Spend more time balancing out the Enemies you've placed than on the enviroment... wasn't good when people were boarding the 'Staton' to assault seven bosses and a Weak Squadron