Lt. Commander
# 41
06-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.Picard View Post
obviously we have to wait to see what happens to the Romulan "Empire" but lets be frank they are now a third rate power, IF they allie with federation or simply cease to exist (reunification happens) why on earth does the Federation not have Cloacking tech. We know for a FACT that federation has actually designed a better cloak then that of the Romulans. I just hope youve installed the appropriate sensor arrays etc. in pvp zones because all pvp will end up with a fleet of klingon vessels cloaked waiting for the odd federation vessel to come near.
I find statements like this very amusing. Everyone seems to think that PVP will be imbalanced because the Klingons will have the ability to cloak, and that every Federation player will be ganked by the Klingon players.

I've played a lot of MMO's, and I've been ganked a lot. Its my experience that no matter what, gankings will take place. Its unavoidable, and its happened to me in Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Wars Galaxies, World of ********, and every other game.

I really don't see the Federation with such a huge weakness here. PvP is concensual, so the odd Federation vessel entering into the Neutral zone alone is just demanding to be ganked.

Hope I didn't de-rail the thread.

Thanks for the information, Zinc!
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLuckPikerd
Ahh but it isnt about function. With a Connie in yer stable its like...having that 67 Cadillac (A Cadillac with Warp Drive) that you had restored sittin in your garage. Ya only take it for a spin on a Friday night or Sunday morning, just for the sheer joy of it. If something happens along the way, all the more adventure and fun!
Agreed, it's also possible he was referencing the Excalibur class.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Agreed, spore-atic missions (ie a constant barage) do tend to bog down the game... but, just as in Spore, i imagine you have the ability not to respond to the treats/missions. It's just you'll be setting a reputation for yourself about being non-responsive and have to deal with the concequences.

I thought the statement was interesting that "you’re choosing between Starfleet and the Klingons". Does that mean you cannot be sided on the Romulan part of the action, or Cardassian?
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
woo hooooo

more good stuff to sink our teath into ... (and believe me the natives were getting restless !)

lol !

looking forward to more of the good stuff from ya Rekhan

thanks !

Lt. Commander
# 45
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Agree with your comment about Connie in the game. It's like having a classic car to joy ride in. As for having an Uzi instead of a phaser...might be useful... heck the Klingons still use their versions of Knives and Swords!
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.ruk_Grax View Post
I thought the statement was interesting that "you’re choosing between Starfleet and the Klingons". Does that mean you cannot be sided on the Romulan part of the action, or Cardassian?
Not at launch, though they are mentioned as future expansions.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Ahh but it isnt about function. With a Connie in yer stable its like...having that 67 Cadillac (A Cadillac with Warp Drive) that you had restored sittin in your garage. Ya only take it for a spin on a Friday night or Sunday morning, just for the sheer joy of it. If something happens along the way, all the more adventure and fun!
agreed you are vary wise and logical JohnluckPikerd
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osena View Post
agreed you are vary wise and logical JohnluckPikerd
Thanks. I would love to have a Constellation class as well in that garage...
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Hey that's why Kirk got all the hot alien chicks... cause he rolled in a fine starship.

Now not to be totally off topic I'm gonna talk about cloaking. As for the "no cloak" treaty it would still be in affect. Legally speaking, a treaty is binding whether the nation you made it with is weaker or stronger than when you first made it. It's not like the Romulan government has totally disappeared. If you look at the Path to 2409 articles their problems isn't a lack of government but too much of it; 3 worlds declare themselves the new capital. It's too bad there isn't a Romulan faction... it would be fun to wheel & deal, backstab, spy, and assassinate to make sure that your section of the Empire came out over the other two.

And just a side note. They did not say that only science ships could detect cloaked vessels. Rather they implied that science ships were better at it (I assume they have a greater range).

Quote:
Klingons, of course, will have access to cloaking, and the Federation will have access to cloak detection. Science vessels will be very good at detecting cloaked ships
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
I love the Ask Cryptic volume 11. Great questions Forum members And great detail answers Dev team. This sound like it going to be my MMO. I love that Federation ships will receive limited access to a cloaking device. And the need for science vessels. YES!!! Klingons will have houses. I just hope Klingons have good PVE too. I like that higher ships will have little difference between each other just more options for some. I don't know I like it all :p hmmm I just need my DeLorean and reach 88 MPH and I will be playing STO later today