Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 11
10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
IMO: The borg set procs need to be nerfed the most :3

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 880
# 12
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Great job, pretty much what I would expect for pug matches, though I suspect premade matches would look different (far more healing from ST, moderately more from ES and TSS)

Interesting how the data changes over time as well, with more people using BFI and less people using the borg set. Seems like the borg proc is pretty much in the sweet spot for balance, but BFI is a huge issue.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 13
10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Great job, pretty much what I would expect for pug matches, though I suspect premade matches would look different (far more healing from ST, moderately more from ES and TSS)

Interesting how the data changes over time as well, with more people using BFI and less people using the borg set. Seems like the borg proc is pretty much in the sweet spot for balance, but BFI is a huge issue.
I don't know I would still say the borg proc is borked as well...

Frankly I would love to see the borg set deleted. lol
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 14
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
An interesting concept though is, the logs show off nicely, but how do the different behavior of the heals reflect on your final statistics?

Like the situation where you run into a fight, use BFI doffs and u get massive heals on the scoreboard where if you run into the same situation with an RSP, the scoreboard score is way less, but effectively the same results is being achieved? (full shields)

I think that different heals have different ways of regenerating and showing it off in the stats/logs possible that they use different tick's per timeframe or whatever?

Did you include that into your calculation as well?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 15
10-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Great job, pretty much what I would expect for pug matches, though I suspect premade matches would look different (far more healing from ST, moderately more from ES and TSS)

Interesting how the data changes over time as well, with more people using BFI and less people using the borg set. Seems like the borg proc is pretty much in the sweet spot for balance, but BFI is a huge issue.
I disagree, the borg 3 piece set is being used on like what? 90% of ships? The hull heal is insane from Borg set, the fact that it eliminates every other set in almost every build, makes it overpowered. "Sweet Spot" you become far more squishy when you use another set, far more. :/

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 633
# 16
10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
One question about these logs. Do they include overhealing?

As thats a definte issues with BFI and EPtS, on the other hand the Borg set definetly never overheals that much because of what it takes to proc it.

Also hw did you get so many weeks of parses in one giant log like this?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 17
10-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
One question about these logs. Do they include overhealing?

As thats a definte issues with BFI and EPtS, on the other hand the Borg set definetly never overheals that much because of what it takes to proc it.

Also hw did you get so many weeks of parses in one giant log like this?
That is exactly what i was asking, see my post above, BFI seems to work way differently and behave different then RSP or TSS keeping ur shields filled. I almost think that BFI keeps healing shields with full log entries even if only 5 points are eaten from your shields, like RSP doesn't even register in the logs AT ALL.

I'm not denying that BFI doffs aren't a problem for the overal heal/dmg balance in the game atm though, dont get me wrong, i just want all facts on the table.

So, did u test the overhealing versus other abilities and include this in your analysis?


Edit: Also, BFI is actually bugged atm, where it's effectiveness is currently based off your AUX power, the BFI healing still works if your auxiliary is procced and offline. And even switching powerlevels to max and use BFI while your aux is still offline procs it to the full effect of full aux.

MT-

Last edited by darkfader1988; 10-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 18
10-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
One question about these logs. Do they include overhealing?

As thats a definte issues with BFI and EPtS, on the other hand the Borg set definetly never overheals that much because of what it takes to proc it.

Also hw did you get so many weeks of parses in one giant log like this?
Really on some of my ships the borg heal proc is hitting for 2200 a tick... it overheals all over the place...

Frankly the borg set was the worst set for balance ever added to this game. It completely destroys balance... how do you balance a game where people with the set get at least double the healing of people with out it.

The borg set was the biggest travisty ever laid on this game balance wise... at least prior to f2p not everyone bothered getting a full set having to run those dumb stfs... Now its defacto... I get it for every toon witih in an hour of hitting level cap... cause its just that OP. It would be nice to be able to run regular sets again... heck I havn't used a piece of aegis gear since F2P launched.

All other gear is obsoleted by the "retro" borg set. lol
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 880
# 19
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Nerf the borg set more and more people will just switch over to glider builds. The reason that you see borg set heals declining over time in Hilbert's data has a large part to do with people trying out other sets.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 849
# 20
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Nerf the borg set more and more people will just switch over to glider builds. The reason that you see borg set heals declining over time in Hilbert's data has a large part to do with people trying out other sets.
So a simple fix might be to disable set bonuses on PvP maps, maybe? Sounds good to me. That would open up so many more gear options and really allow you to take min/maxing to its limits. Plus, that would me no more Temporal "take your hands of the keyboard" Fields.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.