Lt. Commander
# 41
10-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
It's about time Galorndon Core was in this game. It's been Generations since I heard the name.
Hehe, I just watched a playthrough of Generations, can't wait to return there!
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Career Officer
# 42
10-13-2012, 02:00 AM
So we've got the Suliban and the Acamar systems added to game. Two new races to come then maybe?

But how can Romulans be colonizing the Acamar system when, if its the same Acamar from TNG, it already has an indigenous population.
The Artist formerly known as Paddoxx
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
10-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chequeplease View Post
So we've got the Suliban and the Acamar systems added to game. Two new races to come then maybe?

But how can Romulans be colonizing the Acamar system when, if its the same Acamar from TNG, it already has an indigenous population.
*Romulans land*
*Population "insert bad thing here"
*Romulan Colony Now*
Commander
# 44
10-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You're getting your Klingon colonies mixed up

The Enterprise-C was defending Narendra III. The battle at the end of "Yesterday's Enterprise" in which the alternate Enterprise-D was destroyed took place in the Archer system.
My bad.

I was watching TNG: "Sins of the Father" recently, and had the Khitomer Massacre on the mind.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
10-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Timegated? You are still doing that after all the negative feedback about it?
Now that you mention it, they did say more timegated content. /arg

I really don't want to do anymore stupid grinding, STFs and Fleet Marks is already too much as it is. And these two things are really preventing me from doing the things that I want to do in the game. And because of that lack of fun, it's made STO into a job.

I don't know why they making more timegating when it's massively unpopular. Given bad decisions in the last few months, its like they are purposely running the game into the ground than building it up to be something fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chequeplease View Post

It's the same Acamar. And should be well within Federation space. So guess the Romulans that are there are refugees.

Not sure what Cryptic is planning, but the Suliban homeworld is supposed to uninhabitable. So unless there been some miracle in restoring the ecology of the planet in the last 100 years, it's likely going to be a place that we need EVA suits.
Empire Veteran
# 46
10-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I don't know why they making more timegating when it's massively unpopular. Given bad decisions in the last few months, its like they are purposely running the game into the ground than building it up to be something fun.
Bad decisions that could be forced on them for all we know, courtesy of PWE's 'influence' on the game.

All of which started when PWE bought them. Doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me...

Of course, that's just my opinion. Who knows what's really the case?
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.

Last edited by trek21; 10-13-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Community Moderator
# 47
10-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
So will the Regulus/Arcunis Arm Border now change into a "Arcunis Arm or Tau" prompt?
I'd imagine a reply from Cryptic would go something like...

"You are individuals; you are small and you think in small terms. (pauses to consult the Collective) But the present situation requires we consider your plan."
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Commander
# 48
10-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Bad decisions that could be forced on them for all we know, courtesy of PWE's 'influence' on the game.

All of which started when PWE bought them. Doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me...

Of course, that's just my opinion. Who knows what's really the case?
Never Cryptics fault eh

PWE were here from day one eh

Didn't Dan say he gets to make the decisions

What's that thing they put on horses? Oh wait, aren't they called Cryptic fans
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Republic Veteran
# 49
10-13-2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Looks interesting but terrible map position choice since we have no obvious and easy transwarp near this sector. It may be time for a duty officer diplomatic/marauding T5 reward with a transwarp to this sector.

Also, where's the nebula attached to this sector? With a new colonial chain and a new support doff!
It's like 3 feet away from Omega Leonis. It's gonna take feds longer to get there than it will us.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Republic Veteran
# 50
10-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I promise you the devs hate it too. It's the owners. Most of the negative stuff in the last year can be traced directly to them and their lack of understanding the western market.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<