Empire Veteran
# 51
10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
They moved Azure Nebula from B'Moth Sector to Federation Space. Should Federation now named Ferengi Alliance?
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
10-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Not sure what Cryptic is planning, but the Suliban homeworld is supposed to uninhabitable. So unless there been some miracle in restoring the ecology of the planet in the last 100 years, it's likely going to be a place that we need EVA suits.
Maybe the Tholians are involved with it? I guess it depends on just what "uninhabitable" entails.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 53
10-13-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm really looking forward to this season. It seems like it truly has new areas to seek out and explore.
Rihannsu
# 54
10-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Looks interesting, but so did Season 6 at first, before realising it's just a pointless shmup grind and total dilithium sink...

I just hope these new missions are going to reward dilithium or other worthwhile items or currency, similarly to Deferi sector or Eta Eridani dailies. Otherwise I don't see myself doing these more than a couple of times and forgetting about them completely, just like Nukara or all the Fleet missions, which I didn't do in months...

Oh how I want this to turn out good... And I mean "replayably good", not "be impressed at first and never touch it again good".
Career Officer
# 55
10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Just out of curiosity how many Reman XII Sets has The Vault Event spit out to players so far? You surely have statistics on that?
Because i rarely get to play that Event and when i do i get no data logs for it because 80% of the PUGs fail the mission itself.
I am unable to get Datalogs out of this Event at any decent rate, 1 Datalog per Hour is just not good enough if the Event just lasts one hour and if you have 11 Characters and are still working on the first Set after all this time, thats just no fun.
Well then, you will be in luck. Datalogs are going away along with the current stf edc and drop system.
They will be replaced by the reputation system coming in season 7

As for the new sector block, yay cannot wait, and boo to any timegated stuff!
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
10-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Timegated? You are still doing that after all the negative feedback about it?
*meh*
All playing those missions during the featured timeframe does is give you bonus rewards, not cut you out of content for not playing during a certain hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Gray
Missions in the Tau Dewa Sector Block are available to players who have reached Vice Admiral or Lieutenant General Rank, and bonus rewards will be awarded if played during special timeslots found on the hourly event calendar

Raptr profile
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
10-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrtakin View Post
They moved Azure Nebula from B'Moth Sector to Federation Space. Should Federation now named Ferengi Alliance?
The Tholians moved it with one of those silly webs. They're not quite the sieves they appear to be.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
10-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Not sure what Cryptic is planning, but the Suliban homeworld is supposed to uninhabitable. So unless there been some miracle in restoring the ecology of the planet in the last 100 years, it's likely going to be a place that we need EVA suits.
Looks like there will be several places for EVA suits. Galorndon Core, a geologically unstable, barely habitable planet where prolonged exposure of humanoids to the intense magnetic fields result in synaptic breakdown... I'd say I'd want a EVA suit there, even if they aren't required...

Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
All playing those missions during the featured timeframe does is give you bonus rewards, not cut you out of content for not playing during a certain hour.
Can you say Nukura?

------------------

Some other issues of note:
  • Carraya System - should be in Romulan space
  • Archer System (with Archer IV) should be near Sol one would think, not in Klingon space
  • Nimbus seems to be well out of place as it was located in the Neutral Zone and founded after the Federation-Klingon War (So I doubt it would be that far into Romulan Space, even with the Romulans participating)
Captain
# 59
10-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Lol, Tau Camel (Dewa is similar to Deva, which is the Croatian word for "Camel")? 1 hump or 2 humps?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 60
10-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korrtakin View Post
But the Azure Nebula wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Maybe the Tholians are involved with it? I guess it depends on just what "uninhabitable" entails.

So what you're saying is, Tholians time traveled into the past to ruin the planet, so they get Archer involved in the Temporal War, which in time helped found the Federation of Planets, which makes them a threat to themselves by thwarting their plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Bad decisions that could be forced on them for all we know, courtesy of PWE's 'influence' on the game.

All of which started when PWE bought them. Doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me...

Of course, that's just my opinion. Who knows what's really the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
I promise you the devs hate it too. It's the owners. Most of the negative stuff in the last year can be traced directly to them and their lack of understanding the western market.

If it is Perfect World's "idea", then they aren't listening to us. It's like they are purposely shooting STO in the foot, to shut the game down, so they can use Cryptic's resources to focus on new games.