Empire Veteran
# 11
09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
"It seems like Garrus has finally worked that stick out of his butt, but now he's trying to beat guys to death with it. I can't believe I like the old Garrus better."

-Jeff "Joker" Moreau Mass Effect 2

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-24-2012, 10:05 AM
"Great. See, this is how it all starts. When we're all just organic batteries, guess who they'll blame? 'This is all Joker's fault. What a tool he was. I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord.'"

-Jeff "Joker" Moreau Mass Effect 2

Runner up

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
"OK, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-The Player Character (Baldur's Gate)
ROFLMAO!

It is silly but the quote i can not get rid of is "You just been torn to shreds by Kuchera the Scissor-blade!".

favorite quote, hmm? "I'm locked in here tighter than a frog's butt in a watermelon seed fight." - Starcraft, SCV pilot.
Captain
# 14
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
"Those Human fools! Clearly they've genetically altered those bovoids to turn them into a race of radioactive exploding zombie cows!" - Destroy All Humans (PS2). So many hilariously quotable lines from that game.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
We all play video games here. I'm going to assume that you play other games besides STO. And while playing those games you've heard characters say things that catch your ear. So what are your favorite quotes?

My favorites so far?

Anything said by Duke Nukem in his third game.

"Behold MY MIGHTY HAND!!!" said by Onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom. It's not that he says it, but rather... HOW he says it. Makes me NOT want to know where that hand has been...

and finally, my most favorite quote so far...

"You can't die! You still owe money!!!" said by Louie the Vagabond Witch (when she's KO'ed) in the game Trouble Witches Neo. Her family apparently has a huge debt and it's on her shoulders to pay it up... And I swear this game is so rife with bad voice acting...
"WHERE HERE TO SEE LEX LUTHER!" said Superman "AND YOU ARE?" said the lady "SERIOUSLY!" said Batman "I'M SUPERMAN HES BATMAN!!!!" "ARE THOSE FIRST OR LAST NAMES?" said the lady
Captain
# 16
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
-I hate indecision! ... or maybe I don't. Well, make up your mind. Or I'll have your skin made into a hat. Maybe one of those arrowcatchers. I love those hats!

-Daedra are the embodiment of change, change and permanency. I'm no different. Except in the ways that I am.

-Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true? You've run a maze like a good little rat. But no cheese for you yet. Well, maybe a little.

-You are the best Septim that's ever ruled. Well, except for that Martin fellow, but he turned into a dragon god, and that's hardly sporting...

-Was it Molag? No, no... Little Tim, the toymaker's son? The ghost of King Lysandus? Or was it... Yes! Stanley, that talking grapefruit from Passwall.

-But only half right. I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years.

-You know, you remind me of myself at a young age. All I cared about was riding narwhales and sleeping in honeycombs and drinking babies' tears...

-Just a few examples of the awesomeness of Sheogorath.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
"On your feet Soldier! WE - ARE - LEAVING!" Captain Price, CoD 4: MW

Okay, there's nothing particularly special about it, but it's forever ground into my brain for some reason.

Also,

"I'm okay! Nothing broken! Except my Spine... a couple of ribs... maybe everything else..." -Spider-Man, The Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2).

"Is that a Rhinosaurus horn on your head, or are you just happy... to... see...

I'm so scared I can't even finish my lame joke!" Same character and game, just prior to that last quote.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
10-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
"On your feet Soldier! WE - ARE - LEAVING!" Captain Price, CoD 4: MW

Okay, there's nothing particularly special about it, but it's forever ground into my brain for some reason.

Also,

"I'm okay! Nothing broken! Except my Spine... a couple of ribs... maybe everything else..." -Spider-Man, The Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2).

"Is that a Rhinosaurus horn on your head, or are you just happy... to... see...

I'm so scared I can't even finish my lame joke!" Same character and game, just prior to that last quote.
And a close runner's up:

"The Mighty Thor?"

"Are you out of your mind? Don't answer that."

Venom and Spider-Man, Spider-Man (PS1) while discussing who framed Spider-Man at the Science Expo.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 19
10-13-2012, 11:12 AM
After much thought (my steam library alone has over 200 games), I think my favorite quote may be from a game I purchased back in 2001 (receipt still in the box ^^).

It was Star Trek Starfleet Command, Volume II, Empires at War.
It was Captain Hikaru Sulu speaking in the introductory cinematic.

The quote is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sulu
The galaxy is now in a general state of war and chaos. This is a dark time for us all, but, adversity breeds innovation... and the Federation will not fall without a fight.
And here is the introduction vid in question... YT Link

I just always find myself saying those last lines subconsciously almost, mostly at random, and then I remember why their etched into my mind (I played this game excessively back in the day). As favorites go, I think that stands apart from my others.

For example, the other day, I was waiting in line for something, and it popped into my head. Epic Sulu voiceover and all. XD
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 20
10-13-2012, 12:30 PM
From the Nintendo 3DS game, Code of Princess. When you aquire the necromancer Zozo as a playable character.

Zozo: What's the big deal? I'm just passing through, looking for spare parts.
Soldier: You mean... body parts?
Zozo: Yeah. I need to replace a few things.
Officer: I knew it! Miss, it is illegal to be a zombie!

Okay... tell me this then... Are there any laws in any country that specifically state that it is illegal to be a zombie???