Captain
# 31
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
I'd argue that anyone bothering with the Foundry stuff is doing it strictly for the dil reward. Depending on how many people that is it could add upto a hell of a lot of lost dil out of the econemy. People forget, every bit of dil on the exchange has been earned by somone somwhere.
Untrue. Foundry stuff is good for its own sake. I've played a number of missions without even doing the 'Daily Officer' reports.

When I want a good mission I fire up the Foundry. When I want dilithium I grab a few quickie missions. For me, this has worked out well. I imagine it works for a lot of people in a similar manner. That said, given the actual amount of Foundry use up til now, that is probably not the case for the majority of players.
Captain
# 32
10-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
The intentions of the daily are to play 3 foundry missions, not click 3 consoles for a quick exploit. Granted, the time gate isn't implemented well, since it's nearly impossible to play 3 actually foundry missions in one hour.

Yes, this is going away IF the NW's new foundry rewards system is implemented. How it works: You get a reward based on the average playtime of the mission.

Goodbye console clickers and good riddance. I'm sorry if this angers the dilithium grinders who exploit the Foundry while clogging up the "hot" list.

But, it's great for the Foundry community. You guys might actually play our missions and discover that there are some great stories in this game.
Well i do know a guy in my KDF fleet - he runs a FED fleet as well - he has 2 accounts 1 with 39 characters the other with 15 - he does the daily and lore for each every day - plus some other stuff. so 54 charaters x 1920 dilth = 103680 dilth per day + the other contraband he turns over I think he gets 150,000+ dilth per day.

Don't ask what he does with all of it - i don't know and I don't want to ask him - I don't see him putting colloasal amounts into the KDF starbase so maybe his Fed base? I don't have a clue what you could do with 1000 zen per day every day.

it take him avg of 4 min per toon - so 4 min x 54 = basically 4 hrs + the other stuff I would say 5 hrs per day for 1000 zen - still cheap labour as 1000 zen is $10 so that's only $2 an hour
Captain
# 33
10-14-2012, 01:17 PM
OK, well rereading this stuff further, it may not be that NW's system is coming to STO. Instead they are developing something specifically for STO as a temporary fix, unless these quotes are just too old to be reliable.

Other statements from Dan:

June Ask Cryptic

Quote:
We have always wanted to find the right way to offer rewards for Foundry missions without leading to abuse of the reward system. Our temporary solution is to start featuring Foundry content similar to what you?ve been seeing in the in-game bulletins as the Foundry Spotlight. Based on the success we?ve had with this low budget form of promoting Foundry missions, we plan to make it a full blown feature in the Mission Journal. By doing so, Foundry Spotlight missions will be setup similar to how Feature Episodes are promoted within the Journal. This will allow us to attach premium rewards to specific player made content that is being featured. This also allows us to prevent abuse of the reward system, while rewarding high quality player-built missions with excellent rewards so that players have even more incentives to play them. There are some technical features required in order to make this happen, but we have already started the ball rolling to get this in shortly after Season 6 releases.
July Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
The rewards that will be offered will be done via a secondary mission, which Cryptic controls, rewarding players upon successful completion of a specific Foundry mission. The reward will be similar to the types of rewards that you receive from Episodes in that they will potentially grant numerics as well as items appropriately scaled to the Foundry mission.
August Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
In addition to being able to flag specific missions for rewards, we also will be looking into the ability to ?copy and freeze? specific Foundry missions so we can do exactly what you are describing. We will maintain the credits/tips for the author, while giving us a safe copy that isn?t subject to the author revising it further.
Sept Ask Cryptic

Quote:
The Foundry development team is currently working on the Spotlight feature and they are expected to hand it over to the STO team for implementation in our UI later this month, so my estimate is that you?ll see it in game either end of September or into October. Discussions are still ongoing as to which features STO will be able to port over after NW launches, so there is no ETA at this time as they are still developing the Foundry features for NW.
I didn't see anything when scanning the latest Ask Cryptic.

Also, there is now a new button on a published Foundry mission that says something like "Submit this mission."

Last edited by kirksplat; 10-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
The intentions of the daily are to play 3 foundry missions, not click 3 consoles for a quick exploit. Granted, the time gate isn't implemented well, since it's nearly impossible to play 3 actual foundry missions in one hour.

Yes, this is going away IF the NW's new foundry rewards system is implemented. How it works: You get a reward based on the average playtime of the mission.

Goodbye console clickers and good riddance. I'm sorry if this angers the dilithium grinders who exploit the Foundry while clogging up the "hot" list.

But, it's great for the Foundry community. You guys might actually play our missions and discover that there are some great stories in this game.
I agree that the console clicking does take way from the foundry, since it doesn't encourage people to play it.

But at the same time, I feel bad too. Because Cryptic has ruined everything with the Dilithium system in that some people are being forced to console click, because they don't want to spend all their casual time doing nothing but Dilithium grind to buy new equipment from the in-game stores. (Not talking C-store).

And its this grinding that is also causing people to leave because it's not fun and they are playing games to have fun.
Captain
# 35
10-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I agree that the console clicking does take way from the foundry, since it doesn't encourage people to play it.

But at the same time, I feel bad too. Because Cryptic has ruined everything with the Dilithium system in that some people are being forced to console click, because they don't want to spend all their casual time doing nothing but Dilithium grind to buy new equipment from the in-game stores. (Not talking C-store).

And its this grinding that is also causing people to leave because it's not fun and they are playing games to have fun.
There are pros and cons to the coming dilth nerf. There are people like my friend/fleet mate who are definitely taking the tern to new exploit highs - but I don't know how wide spread this is and if it is really hurting sales. It is clear that Cryptic/PWE want to milk the game for as much money as possible, which is understandable as it is a business. I just don't know if the amount of people stop playing because of this will be compensated for by more people buying zen to covert to dilth.

Like I said those people who are now converting to LTS will kind of be locked in so if Cryptic does make these changes they came up with a pretty good way to insure that a lot of pissed off players will not quit but just rant instead. And they really don't care about players ranting on the forums - they have gotten use to that.

Again I post the video of what you can expect when contacting customer service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
There are pros and cons to the coming dilth nerf. There are people like my friend/fleet mate who are definitely taking the tern to new exploit highs - but I don't know how wide spread this is and if it is really hurting sales. It is clear that Cryptic/PWE want to milk the game for as much money as possible, which is understandable as it is a business. I just don't know if the amount of people stop playing because of this will be compensated for by more people buying zen to covert to dilth.

Like I said those people who are now converting to LTS will kind of be locked in so if Cryptic does make these changes they came up with a pretty good way to insure that a lot of pissed off players will not quit but just rant instead. And they really don't care about players ranting on the forums - they have gotten use to that.

Again I post the video of what you can expect when contacting customer service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnT...eature=related
Gawd, don't I know how useless their Customer Support is. It honestly is the worst CSR that I ever experienced in all the MMOs I played in the last 12 years. I had better dealings with Sony of all people.

Anyhow with Cryptic / PW Milking people, the thing that ires people the most is we aren't seeing a return on that money. Season 6, was being expected to be something major with some returns from that investment, and what we get? A ton of bugs (which most are still yet to be resolved), more grinding, and more money sinks.

If Season 7 doesn't show a major return, then people will start walking away from STO.
Captain
# 37
10-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

If Season 7 doesn't show a major return, then people will start walking away from STO.
Hence the Juicey LTS sale/offer currently under way - it will lock a heck of a lot of players in no matter what intentions/changes are planned.
Lieutenant
# 38
10-14-2012, 02:28 PM
If Cryptic takes away a mission that awards 1440 Dilithium and is on a 20 hr cooldown, they won't find me playing "Labor Camp Online" anymore.
Republic Veteran
# 39
10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I think 90% of the players probably do the daily officer reports as a "quckie" - So a lot of players will be affected by this change.

And Like I said do they have any other dilth nerfs in mind as well?
It's not necessarily an exploit (they would have swatted it already if they thought so), but it's definitely not working as intended. Everyone who does it knows this. Any change would effectively be a fix. That said, the Foundry is completely useless and utterly bereft of entertainment beyond dilithium, so *shrug*
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Captain
# 40
10-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
the Foundry is completely useless and utterly bereft of entertainment beyond dilithium, so *shrug*
Thank you for that tidbit of encouragement. These types of comments totally inspire me to keep making content for all the lovely and friendly players like you.
Closed Thread