Captain
In last month's Ask Cryptic, dstahl said this:

Quote:
we also will be looking into the ability to ?copy and freeze? specific Foundry missions... We will maintain the credits/tips for the author, while giving us a safe copy that isn?t subject to the author revising it further.
So, it's pretty clear that, in order for our missions to give rewards (at least in the short term), we'll have to turn it over to the devs, and thus lose the ability to edit and fix it when things break.

Would you take this gamble with your most popular mission? Why or why not?
Captain
# 2
10-14-2012, 03:43 PM
If something breaks in the Foundry, and my mission no longer works right, I want to be able to edit it.

If new features/assets/etc are added to the Foundry, I want to be able to edit my missions.

So no, I most certainly would not.

How about this: if the mission gets "copied and frozen", and we edit it, the new version is sent off to Cryptic. They examine the changes in the new version, and if it's acceptable it replaces the current version.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 3
10-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
If something breaks in the Foundry, and my mission no longer works right, I want to be able to edit it.

If new features/assets/etc are added to the Foundry, I want to be able to edit my missions.

So no, I most certainly would not.

How about this: if the mission gets "copied and frozen", and we edit it, the new version is sent off to Cryptic. They examine the changes in the new version, and if it's acceptable it replaces the current version.
I remember reading somewhere that we'd still have a version of the mission that we could edit, but changes would not be reflected in the official mission. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Captain
# 4
10-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I remember reading somewhere that we'd still have a version of the mission that we could edit, but changes would not be reflected in the official mission. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Don't remember hearing anything about that, but I don't like it either. If I make a mission, I want to retain the ability to make edits and revisions to it, even if it becomes "official".
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 5
10-14-2012, 04:25 PM
If I believe my mission has matured enough so that I don't need to change it anymore I'd consider it.
Captain
# 6
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
If I believe my mission has matured enough so that I don't need to change it anymore I'd consider it.
Were you here during season 4, Zorbane?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I have a couple missions that I feel are in good shape and that i'm completely done with, so maybe I'd submit 1 or 2. However we'd need a definite answer on what happens when things break. If the missions are in essence taken out of the foundry, would they still be subject to Foundry screwups like season 4/6? We need to know.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 8
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
We need to know.
It seems like it would be easy enough to pass the broken projects back to us to fix. Maybe not, since that might be tech that isn't there.

After 1 year, I'm almost certain that I'll have to fix every one of my mission again in the future.
Career Officer
# 9
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Were you here during season 4, Zorbane?
haha nope

If things in the Foundry break I hope that Cryptic will be smart enough to "un-feature" the featured missions.
Captain
# 10
10-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
haha nope

If things in the Foundry break I hope that Cryptic will be smart enough to "un-feature" the featured missions.
Interesting. I really do wonder if some of us have Founder PTSD from that experience. You young whipper-snappers have more faith in your technologies.