Captain
I was just watching this entertaining video clip when a scene of the Doctor in Emergency Command Hologram mode shot a torpedo and detonated it with the phasers. I was thinking it'd be nice to be able to do that in the game as a boff ability maybe in the Lt. Commander slot. Cryptic could sell the ECH Boff that comes preloaded with this ability and with the efficient trait as well, and then make the ECH Maneuver a rare ability on in-game obtainable boffs similar to beam overload 3, and I think we'd be all set. Oh, and of course the Boff would have to be modeled after The Doctor.

Check out this clip at 5:44 for the maneuver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello,

while your idea is interesting there are a few things to consider:

Torpedoes (other than Trics and HY Plasmas) would have to be targettable for this to work.

The "Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator"

http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Uni...deon_Detonator

on the Long Range Science Vessel refit was based on the Photonic Shockwave from that episode so I guess this is the way Cryptic wanted to have that ability ingame.

And of course of they wanted to make an ECH modeled after the Doctor they'd have to obtain the likeness rights for him.

And BTW:
Wouldn't an ECH technically be the Commanding officer of the ship, not a Bridge Officer?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Hello,

while your idea is interesting there are a few things to consider:

Torpedoes (other than Trics and HY Plasmas) would have to be targettable for this to work.

The "Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator"

http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Uni...deon_Detonator

on the Long Range Science Vessel refit was based on the Photonic Shockwave from that episode so I guess this is the way Cryptic wanted to have that ability ingame.

And of course of they wanted to make an ECH modeled after the Doctor they'd have to obtain the likeness rights for him.

And BTW:
Wouldn't an ECH technically be the Commanding officer of the ship, not a Bridge Officer?
No because he is in a command posisition therefor a command level officer, Not specificaly the commanding officer.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 4
10-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
No because he is in a command posisition therefor a command level officer, Not specificaly the commanding officer.
JANEWAY: "In principle, it's an interesting idea. A backup Captain in case I'm incapacitated and the command structure breaks down, but expanding your program would take months of work. "

Did I understand this wrong?
Career Officer
# 5
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
his special ability should be Photonic Cannon
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
JANEWAY: "In principle, it's an interesting idea. A backup Captain in case I'm incapacitated and the command structure breaks down, but expanding your program would take months of work. "

Did I understand this wrong?
Technicaly any officer on the bridge is a potential backup captain. I believe in implementation an ECH would superceed every one but the first officer. If you felt like activating it while both the captain and first officer were fine it would then become more like a 3rd officer.

So no you didn't mis understant the statement. The statement was just completely vauge.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 7
10-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Technicaly any officer on the bridge is a potential backup captain. I believe in implementation an ECH would superceed every one but the first officer. If you felt like activating it while both the captain and first officer were fine it would then become more like a 3rd officer.

So no you didn't mis understant the statement. The statement was just completely vauge.
This.

We were all Ensigns who became captains because the command staff were wiped out and all we had left were crewmen.
Captain
# 8
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
You could technically "role play" having an ECH on your ship. That's what Alien boffs are, if you don't care for the LTS. Just completely redo the whole character up like the POs you see at F4078.

And to explain the lack of the ECH on your starter ship? Your Miranda is getting torn apart by Borg. Oh noes. The ship tried to initialize the ECH, but the main computer core dies. Whelp, so much for that. At that point, you get to the bridge and your Andorian boff says, "You're in command now." Then, the rest is history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.