Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,649
# 11
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
It's got 3 Tac ensign positions? Who on Earth designed that, total waste. No wonder I pop them in my bug so quick and why my Fleet mate was complaining his is so squishy. So they make up for the extra firepower with less survivablity ROFL gotta love the guys that designed the fleet ships, hardly a one worth buying. From what I've seen so far the best seems to be the patrol excort.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 367
# 12
10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I really don't see a problem with the Fleet Defiant i just use the tac ensign slot for one copy of tac team allowing me to use even cooler stuff in places where i would have that to compensate my shields. i am now very keen on getting that temporal console now for my Defiant R and see what it does for the ship. i say it is a good ship in the right hands and it can be a giant killer with all those tac slots.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,649
# 13
10-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
I really don't see a problem with the Fleet Defiant i just use the tac ensign slot for one copy of tac team allowing me to use even cooler stuff in places where i would have that to compensate my shields. i am now very keen on getting that temporal console now for my Defiant R and see what it does for the ship. i say it is a good ship in the right hands and it can be a giant killer with all those tac slots.
So you are using 3 copies of TT? Or are you using something else in one of them?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 367
# 14
10-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
So you are using 3 copies of TT? Or are you using something else in one of them?
i use 2 copies of tac team i beleve both ensign level and a torp spread 1 in the third and since i would have to give up torp spread 1 normally with just 2 tac officer slots on other escorts this third one allows me to keep a good AOE attack at my disposal to help tear apart groups of ships.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 15
10-15-2012, 08:56 AM
yeah, it is only ideal for torpedo builds. though as I am playing a heavily torpedo based set up usually (two torps in front), I dont mind that.

but even I would trade that slot for something, if it was possible
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 16
10-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I had this thought myself and actually started a thread on it (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=370481). Mainly, it was said the ship would be OP.

I pretty much do what marc said. I took the weakness and turned it into flexibility. I leave torp spread 1 in there. Its mostly useless in PVP unless you're doing KvF. The Klingons love their carriers and there are usually 1 or 2 in a pug. Toss a quantum in and hit the assimilators with it. Do the same with STF.It works better, especially in crowd control situations. In normal PVP just let it go to waste. I do agree with you though, it's a fleet ship and it seems that a universal ensign would be appropriate.

Edit: typo.

Last edited by captainf00k; 10-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 367
# 17
10-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainf00k View Post
I had this thought myself and actually started a thread on it (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=370481). Mainly, it was said the ship would be OP.

I pretty much do what marc said. I took the weakness and turned it into flexibility. I leave torp spread 1 in there. Its mostly useless in PVP unless you're doing KvF. The Klingons love their carriers and there are usually 1 or 2 in a pug. Toss a quantum in and hit the assimilators with it. Do the same with STF.It works better, especially in crowd control situations. In normal PVP just let it go to waste. I do agree with you though, it's a fleet ship and it seems that a universal ensign would be appropriate.

Edit: typo.
since i don't do PvP much at all the layout i have really cuts swaths in the enemy lines and i highly recommend if anyone gets a defiant try to find a subspace jumper console those things are great for a escort or cruiser since they get you right behind a target you can unleash a devastating barrage on their backs while they lose track of you.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 18
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't have any problems with not slotting the 3rd ensign power. Even without it, a properly configured Tactical Escort Retrofit can handle itself pretty well.

If you really want to use that 3rd tactical ability, you could consider putting a beam array in the after and BO1. That way, you can hit them with a BO shot as you're flying by them.

But, yeah...all of the Ensign tactical slots (with he exception of Tactical Team) are pretty useless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 133
# 19
10-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Completely agree with what others have said: put a TT1 in there, that's almost certainly what it was built for. Put a TT1 into one of the other two Tac slots, and you'll be able to handle a fair bit more incoming damage on a facing-shield because you'll constantly be daisy-chaining your TTs.

With that said, I have a fleet Defiant on my tac, and I stopped using it, constantly was grabbing aggro and that's bad business in a glass cannon.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 20
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
No one is questioning using the third tac slot for a tt1 or ts1 etc, but what they are getting at is it makes the Fleet Defiant one of more limited ships.
It limits the Defiant to only cannon and torp/beam builds, instead of all cannons which does more dps.
Having a uni ensign slot would turn this around in an instant, especially as its a T3 shipyard ship!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.