Commander
# 221
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Trolling is the only PVP thats worth playing in STO
Commander
# 222
10-15-2012, 09:20 AM
dealing with PvP'ers is dealing with massive egos. and the suck-ups, sycophants and hangers-on to the ones they deem the 'leetist' no different really than a high school clique of jocks and their entourage. highly doubtful mods will do anything about as it's also an 'old boy' network going on here. they're not going to step in a censure people they have known for a long time, play with, in a fleet with or whatever.

biggest issue in general, is without that censure, new players...which every mmo needs, once they meet that wall of trolls won't bother with the forums and maybe the game thereafter. saw another game go down that route, mods that had been around for years letting trolls they knew run rampant...community steadily declined and then the player base.

after it reached it's height, and stayed there for 5 months...company finally stepped in and got new mods, replaced all the old ones. the trolling ended and the forums and the game itself started recovering. best bet is just notify PWE. skip cryptic or the mods here.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Rihannsu
# 223 just wow
10-15-2012, 09:23 AM
One more for MAVs logs i guess. That OP ... wow....priceless sprinkles *chapeau*In before lock
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 224
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Well, since the dissapearence of the "report" button, it has become very easy for the more... annoying people to mess around.

People simply dont know, and don't want to be bothered with finding the appropriate page on the PWE site, and finding the information, to then finally write a mail, that there is a good chance that will be ignored.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Commander
# 225
10-15-2012, 09:30 AM
case in point, this was a topic all it's own, now it's not. as i said, expect mods to do everything they can to hide things. they've been here too long. notifying cryptic or the mods useless, contact pwe directly. there was no reason to move it into this catagory...but it does bury it rather well
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Career Officer
# 226
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
case in point, this was a topic all it's own, now it's not. as i said, expect mods to do everything they can to hide things. they've been here too long. notifying cryptic or the mods useless, contact pwe directly. there was no reason to move it into this catagory...but it does bury it rather well
Yea I was just wondering... This topic had nothing to do with the "now" OP... why was it hidden here?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Community Moderator
# 227
10-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Or is it that the report function is routed through the workday shifts of the customer support team? Then maybe there something needs to be done?
^^^ this. We don't have any visibility into PWE's ticket system. We see what we see when we're reading, and nothing else. Tickets you open go to PWE, and we never even hear they happened. Among other things, this means that if you want to complain about actions one of us takes, you have no fear that we'll see it or ever know it was you. I personally think that protection of your rights outweighs any inconvenience caused by having us out of the loop.

We don't work for PWE, and they can't give us assignments or they'd run afoul of labor laws. We're just volunteers who have a little extra power in our daily reading, that can be taken away at any time without notice or recourse.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Community Moderator
# 228
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
Speaking for myself, I disagree with the notion that my mandate is to help PWE bury threads or that I'd ever hide a thread just because I don't like it.

My personal mandate is to enforce Forum Rules, promote a Community that people enjoy being a part of, and help to improve and focus feedback. Every moderation I do is to that end, to the best of my ability.

That said, syberghost is right... I'm not paid to do this and my time and energy is limited. If I see it, if I have time, and if I have the proper (fair) mindset while I'm reviewing a post or a thread, I'll moderate it.

As to why the thread was merged... I didn't do it and don't have an explanation. It's not unreasonable, given the topic.

I think PWE might be open to bringing back the in-forum "Report Post" functionality. It would certainly help us find things that need moderation before they get too far gone.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 229
10-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Well, then how to best report at least the most extreme stuff to the moderators? I mean, we don't want to degrade certain subforums into constant flamefests, do we?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Community Moderator
# 230
10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Well, then how to best report at least the most extreme stuff to the moderators? I mean, we don't want to degrade certain subforums into constant flamefests, do we?
Report them to PWE. BranFlakes will see it. Also, next time there's a call for new mods, perhaps some PvP regulars would care to apply...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread