Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 159
# 21
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Op so your saying they shouldve just made one vet ship that both klings and fess could fly. Instead of making 2 ships.

Cause thats what you want the identical reward for kling and fed.

It is a good thing that every ship cant do what every other ship can
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,464
# 22
10-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Quite frankly, there should have been a Fleet ship option of this for the KDF. Most of the escorts are bad and the fleet raiders are a joke. On the otherhand the feds have 5 tac console escorts (they have a cloak), 4 sci console escorts. Don't get me started on the Sci ship options for KDF. The best KDF "escort" excluding the Vet ship is the Fleet Tor'kaht, a cruisers ...

Yes, for the KDF playstyle the KDF vet ship suites it well. Too bad there are so little other options. Even a 3 sci console vet ship varient would help Sci captains stuck in Brel or Carriers.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 23
10-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
to be honest mate , i dont see how you can make the claim that klingon ships are overpowered , when for the longest time the fed side had a distinct advantage over every ship the KDF could put out ( excelsior anyone ? )
so its got a battle cloak , so what ?
no offence intended , but this just strikes me as yet another ' i want a battle cloak on a fed ship '
i know that it gives the klink ship an advantage over the chimera but thats what is supposed to happen , klingon ships have always been dangerous BECAUSE THEY CLOAK

also , battle cloak is a powerfiul tool , but how many ways are there now of knocking ships out of cloak ?
Exactly. Having the battlecloak on a ship like the Peghqu' isn't that great. Unless you build the thing to run away a lot, and quickly, you're not gonna get a ton of use out of the battlecloak. Battlecloaking while under fire is usually suicide, so you have to get clear of the battle.

The reason BoPs can do hit-and-run with the battlecloak is because most hit-and-run BoP setups have 2 copies of Attack Pattern Omega, Evasive Maneuvers with Evasive Maneuver conn doffs, high engine power, and maybe an Impulse Capacitance Cell for emergencies. That all takes room in terms of doffs, consoles, and Boff powers. Add to that the fact that the BoPs already unfairly sacrifice capabilities in terms of stats, and you've got ships that are mostly outclassed by Fed escorts. The Hegh'ta makes a great hit-and-run skirmisher, as long as you don't mind running every 15-30 seconds to wait out your cooldowns (slugging it out in most situations will result in just getting blown up quickly, something not desirable in arenas). The B'Rel retro makes for a very nasty sci-assassin sort of setup, using all manner of nifty sci attacks and tricobalt mines from cloak, as well as bombarding the enemy with transphasic and chroniton torpedoes. I think its use is somewhat lessened in the arena setup, though.

Last edited by travelingmaster; 10-15-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 24 reply
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
the raeson the feds dont use cloak is because at one time they did they sent several ships with cloak into tthe neutral zone after the tomed incident this casused escalation of conflict with romuleans during this a isolationist group took over romulean senate and agreed to negotiate a peace treaty at the planet algeron part of the treaty was for fed to give up all use of cloaking devices for combat . but since that romulean empoire no longer exists why is the feds still honoring it
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 25
10-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
except that in canon , the federation doesnt make use of cloaking devices , and the federations status as ' the hero' in the various star trek series usually prevents them from using it ( the defiant is an exception , seeing as its cloaking device was primarily borrowed to explore the gamma quadrant undetected by the dominion )
as for the all good things D , thats an alternate timeline that ceased to exist
......Are you kidding me? Star Trek Online continues the story of Star Trek, everything thats in it, follows what happens after the shows, for example the fact that Romulus has been destroyed, the existence of Sela, Tasha's Daughter who is now the leader of the Romulan Empire. And add to that, the FACT that the Treaty of Algeron is no longer in effect, there is no reason for the Federation to no longer abide by it, its been rendered null so they are free to use Cloaking Devices.

Last edited by kaeaja; 10-15-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 26
10-15-2012, 11:48 AM
just because a treaty is no longer in effect , does not mean the federation will immediately start researching and using cloaking devices

an example.

wells class , 29th century ship seen in voyager , arguably hasnt been a ship BUILT that would have a better use for a cloaking device ( easy way to prevent polluting timeline)

does it have one ?

no
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,682
# 27
10-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargibbon View Post
Plus it's a reward for those willing to shell out $199 for an LTS, not $300 as mentioned before. A little perk worth having if you ask me
actually, when its not on sale its 299. so it can be both.

Also.... 1000 Divided by 365 = about 2.8 times 12 = around 33. times that by 15 = 495 for those unable to afford the lump sum but subbed continuously for 1000 days to get the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
......Are you kidding me? Star Trek Online continues the story of Star Trek, everything thats in it, follows what happens after the shows, for example the fact that Romulus has been destroyed, the existence of Sela, Tasha's Daughter who is now the leader of the Romulan Empire. And add to that, the FACT that the Treaty of Algeron is no longer in effect, there is no reason for the Federation to no longer abide by it, its been rendered null so they are free to use Cloaking Devices.


um.... just cause romulus was destroyed and the romulans are being... romulans, doesnt mean the Treaty is null and void.

P.S. Ever think the Federation simply doesnt use cloaking Devices for a MORAL reason rather than LEGAL reasons? Hell... i dont even think section 31 uses cloaking Devices.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 10-15-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 28
10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
OP, I have one thing to say. You say that there is no reason why the Chimera shouldn't have a battle-cloak right? My only response is that there is also no reason why the Chimera should have a battle-cloak. Tit for tat. You say no reason why not, I say no reason why yes.

Feds don't use cloaks. It's kind of a given thing. Again, in the ENTIRE Star Trek series, ALL of them, there have only been 4 ships that used cloaking devices.

U.S.S Enterprise (stolen romulan cloaking device hot-wired in my Scotty)
U.S.S Pegasus (I think it was the pegasus that had the phased cloak, I could be wrong, if I am please correct me)
U.S.S Enterprise D (alternate future)
U.S.S Defiant (on loan, NOT GIVEN from RSE)

That's 4 ships. Now let's see... how many klingon ships are seen in the entire series using cloaking devices... Try every single klingon ship ever made? Not including the klingon ships from the "Enterprise" series. The cloakers there were the romulans and suliban. But EVERY single klingon ship from TOS, TNG, DS9 could cloak (ok a few from TOS didn't cloak, but I believe despite their foolish decision not to use it, they were still cloak capable).

So I say again, why should the Chimera be able to cloak? You are correct, there is no REAL reason why not (other than what I just listed above, but let's just say what I said above is meaningless, because apparently logic and reason are ignore here), but there is also no reason why it should.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
# 29
10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Really the only reason I made this thread was to point out the fact that the Peghqu has a battle cloak instead of a normal cloak. The Battle Cloak has been the thing of the Bird of Preys in this game for a long time. It just seems wrong to create a ship thats has way more survivability then a BoP and on top of that give it a Battle Cloak.

Also to those who might not know. The Treaty of Algeron, which prevented the Federation from researching or or developing their own Cloaking Technology to begin with, is no longer in effect due to the destruction of Romulus and the reformation of the Romulan Empire under Empress Sela. The Federation fielded two ships with cloaking technology, the Galaxy-class Dreadnought as seen in "All Good Things" and a retrofit of the Defiant-class. So now in Star Trek Online there is nothing stopping the Federation from creating more ships with a Cloaking Device. Don't believe me? Read the Apocrypha section of this link to Memory Alpha.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Algeron

There is absolutely no reason why the Chimera shouldnt have a Cloaking Device (Normal or Battle Cloak) just like the Peghqu now that the Treaty of Algeron isnt in effect anymore.
ALl good things, alternate time line, sorry wrongo again. Truthfully in cannon, all kdf is battle cloak since they can cloak in battle if you want to play the cannon game. The defiant only was supposed to cloak if a romulan was on board, not only that the federation doesnt beleive in hiding. So sowry.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 611
# 30
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
It's a hybrid cruiser/escort. It is also a LTS ship. As I have said before, you pay 300 dollars for this ship. It's also a 9 console ship instead of 10. Both of those are reason enough to give it a better cloak. PLUS it's supposed to be a top of the line ship. AND it's KDF. NOT STARFLEET. There are only 3 fed ships in canon that had a cloaking device. The U.S.S Defiant, the U.S.S Enterprise (alternate reality/future reality version), and Admiral Janeway's shuttle from "End Game".

Yet virtually every klingon ship you ever encounter post 22nd century has cloaking capability. So of course this one should be able to cloak. That being the case, it should have the best and the baddest stuff out there. And the battle cloak is significantly better than a regular cloak dontcha think? That is also a reason why the FEDERATION ship doesn't have cloak. That being said, have I answered your question yet?
actually you forgot USS Enterprise NCC 1701 and 1701D, each had a cloak in a single episode.
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.