Commander
# 31
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
So if I head over to this when it's available for the bonus stuff...is...it.....

ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUUUURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! ?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 32
10-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Tholian EV suit:

"I'm going to need a bigger gun."
The first thing that came to my mind was "Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!!".

Just kidding, looks awesome!
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Commander
# 33
10-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Hurray for more grind and yet another restricted currency!!

Not impressed Devs. I have to wonder why you bothered with the much toted currency reduction when all you've done since is add more back in.
Empire Veteran
# 34
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
More farming. At least I hope it's not a completely stupid 'kill kill kill' with no purpose but the new gear we have to get.

I hope we'll get some meaningful missions. Something making sense in a star trek universe.
Career Officer
# 35
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
The need suits to exist in areas that we don't need suits.

From memory alpha
"Tholian biology required high temperatures around 480 Kelvin (207 ?C, 404 ?F). They could tolerate lower temperatures for a brief period of time; if they were exposed to temperatures around 380 Kelvin or less, their carapace would crack. This was painful or distressing; a Tholian subjected to such a temperature regime could be coerced to cooperate. In temperatures even lower, a Tholian would freeze solid and shatter."

btw my reaction to the pic of the Tholian EV suit: "haha what!?!? That is outrageous!" which is an excellent reaction. Can't wait!
Also from memory alpha:

" t's been noted that in every confirmed Tholian sighting that the mysterious species were encased in an outer carapace similar to those seen on Terran insects but with the exception of it being made completely of crystal which was similar to quartz. However, whether this crystal carapace was a natural product of Tholian biology or a sophisticated exoskeletal suit is unknown."

Which doesn't exactly back me up completely. I thought it was established in trek that their crystalline outer shell was there version of an eva suit. I remember it from somewhere.
I just don't see tholians using the same tech as the feds or any other species when they are so different. Something with a more alien look would have been a lot better. They just look like an insect version of Robocop kitted out like that.
The Artist formerly known as Paddoxx
Career Officer
# 36
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
The first thing that came to my mind was "Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!!".

Just kidding, looks awesome!
Hmmm, it does kinda look like a Starcraft Dragoon from a distance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I was actually thinking one of these, thank you very much. >_>

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Isom..._disintegrator
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Vice Admiral T'Phira, Ragnarok Fleet - Head of Logistics Division; Captain Selena, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain Altecha, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain K'Kera, Ragnarok Fleet
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Career Officer
# 37
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chequeplease View Post
Which doesn't exactly back me up completely. I thought it was established in trek that their crystalline outer shell was there version of an eva suit. I remember it from somewhere.
I just don't see tholians using the same tech as the feds or any other species when they are so different. Something with a more alien look would have been a lot better. They just look like an insect version of Robocop kitted out like that.
Wasn't it mentioned in one of the Dev Blogs for the Temporal Lockbox that the 29th Century ships were gutted of their technology by the Tholians? Couldn't that EV suit be a result of that?

I'm not sure either.
(UFP) Vice Admiral T'Phira, Ragnarok Fleet - Head of Logistics Division; Captain Selena, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain Altecha, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain K'Kera, Ragnarok Fleet
Commander
# 38
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Wasn't it mentioned in one of the Dev Blogs for the Temporal Lockbox that the 29th Century ships were gutted of their technology by the Tholians? Couldn't that EV suit be a result of that?

I'm not sure either.
You expect STO to have a backstory like that?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 39
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Its not a question of "more currency". Its a question of currency maintaining some value across levels. The previous system meant you outlevelled the rewards offered by the lower tier marks - and so the time you spent obtaining them was effectively wiped away, unless you wanted to spend them on gear that was useless to you.

The system at present (at least until they up the level cap) means that dilithium, STF tokens, reputation marks, fleet marks, lobi etc all maintain their value as you level. Borg salvage obtained at level 45 has value at level 50 etc.

Once they keep them useful, it doesn't matter how many currencies they have.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 40
10-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
You expect STO to have a backstory like that?
You never know, I mean, some of the loopholes they plugged in the first few seasons-

Quote:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=695181

These teams have brought back a handful of amazing discoveries ? - among them, 29th Century Starships!

Unfortunately, much of the 29th century technology is missing from these ships ? - presumably stripped and now in the hands of the Tholian Assembly.
Well, huh.