Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 71
10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Considering this but has been here since JANUARY, I'd guess "No" on the dev comment. Sheesh. Here I thought it was a frickin' recent bug. Nope! Been here since F2P went live!
Ensign
# 72
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Same problem here as well. I was looking forward to customising my federation boff from hitting Marauder Rank 4.

Your Captain's faction: KDF

Your Captain's species: Orion

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with: Andorian Female Tactical

Description of issue: As everyone else here, I'm unable to alter/edit her appearance in any possible way. Nothing saves, for example if you adjust the sliders for say her hands, it always reverts back to a fixed value.

I spent a lot of time working on getting this boff, this issue has left me pretty disappointed when I found out I couldn't alter anything.

The fact that it hasn't even been fixed for many months is just getting silly right now. If you're unable to fix it, say so. How an issue like this continues to be left as it is in an MMO is unbelievable. Please fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah, after 9 months you should think that at least they would say "we're still working on it" here, showing that the issue hasn't been forgotten. But instead we get nothing at all, only silence.

And then they are wondering why everyone says that KDF gets no love from Cryptic?
Survivor of Romulus
# 74
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
Yeah, after 9 months you should think that at least they would say "we're still working on it" here, showing that the issue hasn't been forgotten. But instead we get nothing at all, only silence.

And then they are wondering why everyone says that KDF gets no love from Cryptic?

Please... the TNG and DS9 combadges have been broken for almost two years, and there's other bugs that are almost 3 years old. This is nothing new.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 75
10-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Your Captain's faction - KDF

Your Captain's species - Orion

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with - Trill female

Description of issue - Nothing about her appearance is editable, everything (including sliders and colours) switches back to default.

pretty much the same issue as everyone, if i knew this was an issue before, i wouldn't even have bothered with the marauding "reward".

also, i have the diplomacy reward boff on my main fed, and i can change its clothes/appearance perfectly.
Rihannsu
# 76
10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Just a heads-up [or a reminder if this has been said and forgotten], since Marauding boffs seem to only be hooked up with off-duty outfits, boffs in general being restricted from using off-duty outfits regardless of faction seems to be the root of the issue. A quick fix until Cryptic deals with this properly is to open your chatbox and type /costumecreator.setslottype 007 [or any set of numbers you so choose]. This will unlock the "Tr:Unrestricted" outfit category, allowing you to legitimately use Fed off-duty outfits on your Marauding boffs. They're still restricted to Fed off-duty outfits, though; no Fed uniform-class outfits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...reeditable.jpg should be proof enough, I hope.

Last edited by ssargon; 10-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
Just a heads-up [or a reminder if this has been said and forgotten], since Marauding boffs seem to only be hooked up with off-duty outfits, boffs in general being restricted from using off-duty outfits regardless of faction seems to be the root of the issue. A quick fix until Cryptic deals with this properly is to open your chatbox and type /costumecreator.setslottype 007 [or any set of numbers you so choose]. This will unlock the "Tr:Unrestricted" outfit category, allowing you to legitimately use Fed off-duty outfits on your Marauding boffs. They're still restricted to Fed off-duty outfits, though; no Fed uniform-class outfits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...reeditable.jpg should be proof enough, I hope.
As a heads-up as well:

I filed a ticket asking if this workaround could be used until they fixed this issue, and was told not to do so.
Ensign
# 78
10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Hello again,

It seems many players have ticketed this issue, and people have been posting in this thread about it for almost a year!

I recently submitted a GM ticket and was told it was a previously unknown issue... I was also told it was not an issue for a GM and I should submit a bug report (which of course I had already done).

I now have 3 kdf toons with marauding 4 and I can't edit any of the special marauding boff uniforms.

I know many other players who have the same issue in my fleet alone. In fact, I don't know of anyone who doesn't have it!

This is clearly a faction-wide problem for kdf players - I can't understand why it isn't considered important enough to be addressed.

Though I know it has been asked before, I again request that the devs please respond to this thread and give us an update on what is being done to fix this bug, and when we can expect to see it patched.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Last edited by omikulin; 10-18-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
This really seems to become a lost cause... by now almost an ENTIRE YEAR has passed, and as we don't even get an "We are still working on it" at least it seems the devs are totally ignoring this issue... and then they are honestly wondering themselves that the players say "KDF gets no love"?
Career Officer
# 80
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
As a heads-up as well:

I filed a ticket asking if this workaround could be used until they fixed this issue, and was told not to do so.
Just out of curiosity, can you actually update the BOFF's appearance this way? I've played around with this command, but never tried to apply the changes to the costume for fear of breaking something.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.