Captain
# 101
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The ones in parting of ways clearly diod yet they still get blown up. Dalek sheilds are like any sheild, hit them hard enough and they go down. Why do you think the entire power supply of Jack's gun, (which by the name is probably a really heavy duty personal side arm for use agains't the general species of the galaxy), the Daleks just take that much raw punch to reduce for scrap, indeed it survived the beam for a few fractions of a second.
I still believe that it will be a Dalek win. This is the species that came so very close to wiping out the whole of creation. The only other race who came that close were the Time Lords. The Borg could never come close to having that level of Technology, at least not in time to save them from Dalek Invasion
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 102
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Damn this discussion, I going to have to watch from Dalek to Asylum of the Daleks now.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 103
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Damn this discussion, I going to have to watch from Dalek to Asylum of the Daleks now.
They're all good ones, for the most part. Although for a good background you'll have to watch ALL Dalek episodes, even the ones from the 60's through the 80's
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

Captain
# 104
10-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
They're all good ones, for the most part. Although for a good background you'll have to watch ALL Dalek episodes, even the ones from the 60's through the 80's
I started watching from Evil of the.. however I really wish a lode of the Troughtan ones weren't lost.
Though I'd rather skip the McCoy era ones, I can't really put up with him.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
Captain
# 105
10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
I started watching from Evil of the.. however I really wish a lode of the Troughtan ones weren't lost.
Though I'd rather skip the McCoy era ones, I can't really put up with him.
Rememberance of the Daleks was a good one, I think some of Mccoy's episodes were underrated. The Happiness Patrol was a good one (If you can mentally block out The Kandyman,) I'd also recommend Battlefield

Captain
# 106
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
Rememberance of the Daleks was a good one, I think some of Mccoy's episodes were underrated. The Happiness Patrol was a good one (If you can mentally block out The Kandyman,) I'd also recommend Battlefield
I did see Battlefield some time ago (on the 'net, I now way old enough to have seen it live), but it was rater displaced by my memories of watching Silver Nemesis afterwords.

Captain
# 107
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
but it was rater displaced by my memories of watching Silver Nemesis afterwords.
OH DEAR GOD, DON'T REMIND ME

Captain
# 108
10-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
I still believe that it will be a Dalek win. This is the species that came so very close to wiping out the whole of creation. The only other race who came that close were the Time Lords. The Borg could never come close to having that level of Technology, at least not in time to save them from Dalek Invasion
I was arguing against the guy saying that the daleks had no sheild in the TARDIS. That one got hit by bassiclly enough power from an energy pack to kill probably several hundred humans. It's the equivelent of taking a phaser on overload and aiming the blast into a thin beam.
Lieutenant
# 109
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
They'll likely talk each other to death. "You are the enemy of the daleks! You will be exterminated!" "Extermination is irrelevant. You will surrender your ships to us."
Lieutenant
# 110
10-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Considering The Cybermen in Assimilation2 are handing the Borg their arses on a plate, it seems that the Daleks could with a fraction of their forces.
I honestly can't see the Cybermen beating the Borg on any account. The Borg adapt, the Cybermen do not. The Cybermen also do not innovate, or rarely do. Same with assimilating technology. While Borg assimilation might be'easier to reverse than Cyberman cyberization, assuming one has the technology, cyberization can simply be resisted by a person with a strong enough will, and can even then subvert the Cybermen present to their own cause, as has been shown. The Borg could assimilate a Cyberman relatively easy, a Cyberman would have a tough time cyberizing a Borg, least of all because they'd need to drone to sit there and basically let them do it. Then there's no telling what all the Borgtech left in the brain and brainstem would then do to the Cyberman body. My guess would be that it would simply subvert the cybertech, leaving a Borg-controlled Cyberman. I can't really see the Cybermen winning many victories at all.

But maybe Assimilation2 explains it. I haven't gotten a chance to read it, just seen little tibbits here and there such as the destroyed cube and the apparent Cyberman-Borg alliance.