Ensign
# 81 Program keeps deleting
10-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Hey doh,

I'm really sorry to be a pest, but I have a big problem. The application keeps deleting itself. This has happened twice. I have the STO icon locked onto the dock on my macbook, and it refused to even 'bounce' when I opened it, and there was this shadow of a question mark interposed on the icon. I tried looking for it under 'Applications' and from the Launchpad and it's not there. I've had to reinstall before, which took hours, and downloading the updates again (10GB of them) eats up my bandwidth like nobody's business.

Can you suggest what's wrong here and what to do? This is a really, really weird problem. I appreciate it. Thanks for everything, mate.

Regards

Jon
Career Officer
# 82
10-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktaye View Post
Hey doh,

I'm really sorry to be a pest, but I have a big problem. The application keeps deleting itself. This has happened twice. I have the STO icon locked onto the dock on my macbook, and it refused to even 'bounce' when I opened it, and there was this shadow of a question mark interposed on the icon. I tried looking for it under 'Applications' and from the Launchpad and it's not there. I've had to reinstall before, which took hours, and downloading the updates again (10GB of them) eats up my bandwidth like nobody's business.

Can you suggest what's wrong here and what to do? This is a really, really weird problem. I appreciate it. Thanks for everything, mate.

Regards

Jon
I have no clue... it can't delete itself, so something else on your system is causing problems. Never heard of anything like that before.
Lieutenant
# 83
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey doh123!

I just wanted to give you a big "Thank you!" for your awesome wrapper/wineskin project. I use wineskin all the time for stuff and it's a really awesome tool.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Ensign
# 84 Raptr
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to have the wrapper launch the raptr desktop app while I'm also playing sto?
Ensign
Any advice?
Career Officer
# 86
10-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoobi View Post
Is there a way to have the wrapper launch the raptr desktop app while I'm also playing sto?
I have no clue what raptr desktop is... if its a Windows program you can always try installing it in the wrapper... if it needs to interface with STO in some way... or make its own Wineskin wrapper if it doesn't need to be in the same one as STO. Getting any program to work though can be a challenge... but of course other times things work easily... never know someone tries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torgo124 View Post
Any advice?
Due to some networking issues, after STO patches, it will often stick on that screen the first load after the patch for 10 minutes or so... not much I can do about that. Wine is very much a Unix program and not a Mac program, and Apple's support on the Unix side of things is pretty minimal. As long as it works (even if poorly) they call it a day and leave it.
Ensign
# 87 Raptr
10-13-2012, 07:23 AM
STO has partnered with raptr to provide in game awards while playing with the raptr software running. If I install it into the existing STO wrapper, how do I have the wrapper launch both apps?
Career Officer
# 88
10-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoobi View Post
STO has partnered with raptr to provide in game awards while playing with the raptr software running. If I install it into the existing STO wrapper, how do I have the wrapper launch both apps?
I'd have to look into it more... never heard of it before. Normally if i want to apps to run at once, i write a batch file to use as the main launch... that launches them both.
Ensign
# 89
10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
hey doh123 i got it working after much hard work and i when i tried to equip my first science kit it crashed and said that i needed to verify the kit with the launcher. so i closed it out and tried to do so but when i clicked on the option button it just says patching and wont return the engage button from the cancel button
Career Officer
# 90
10-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokin287 View Post
hey doh123 i got it working after much hard work and i when i tried to equip my first science kit it crashed and said that i needed to verify the kit with the launcher. so i closed it out and tried to do so but when i clicked on the option button it just says patching and wont return the engage button from the cancel button
not sure if i understand...

if you crashed, then it may want to verify files thinking something might be messed up, that is nothing to do with what was going on in game, just that it crashed.

Verify can take a while, but it comes up in a new pop up window in the center of the screen... you have to answer it before anything else works.

Why are you clicking Option? Did you quit and launch it again?