Lt. Commander
# 21
06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow, you wasted time doing this interview? Don't have much to do that day CZ?

I was waiting for the interviewer to ask "If I have no hands and am blind will I still be able to play your game."

Seriously, wasted interview...though I love that he didn't even know what era the game takes place in...sounds like they wanted to draw attention to their site and use the STO webpage as a way to get their message out rather than genuinely caring about the game at all...

Heck, maybe they'll file a suit against Cryptic for not having enough disabled people employed :-?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat the Eraser
I am someone who's not disabled, but not that well off financially, so I am likely to be playing this game on a laptop, and I am wondering, will the mouse controls be mappable, like the keyboard controls?
I believe it is safe to assume that Craig/Zinc's comment about 're-mapping Keys', basically means you can remap to your Mouse or any other device.

Now, you might have to map your Mouse keys, to a 'keyboard' key (ie Mouse Button 4 = TAB).

I also think that this product, might also offer some assistance to those with physical handicaps:If I buy STO, I think I will look into this program.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I am really HAPPY to see this interview because it address all of the concerns expressed by myself and others in THIS thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=21781

Thanks Cryptic! You guys are doing a really good job, and I cant wait to see the final result. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofhyrule730 View Post
well, at least there can't be an interview that sucked more than this one.

I understand the desire to want to help market the game to the disabled, but honestly, dont make interviews public to the rest of us. if someone with disabilities watches that site and sees your interview, great! i hope they will try out STO and enjoy it as much as I will. however, when its posted on the main page as a major interview, it just doesnt sit well with me.
I am a disabled person, I find this comment very offensive. I find it weird that people that are fans of star trek still have this kind of attitude. As a disabled person, I'm not going to hide in some special section so you can feel better with yourself. Last time I check, I am part of this gaming community, and I think this article is just as important as any other game info. And this article deserves to be where the news is posted, on the main page. Too bad this doesn't sit well with you, because you need to get over yourself and realize that the internet doesn't revolve around you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-25-2009, 10:18 PM
I thought the interview was informative and interesting. I actually work with those who have disabilities, so reading about Cryptic making the game for every person whether disabled or not is great!
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

Now, you might have to map your Mouse keys, to a 'keyboard' key (ie Mouse Button 4 = TAB).
Mouse Button 4 = TAB I think you meant if you dont have a mouse button4 you align the function somewhere else.
  • TAB = togglescores
  • TAB = toggleafterburner
  • Mouse#4 = alwaysrun (the one function where you dont hit any key to run, what i used in wow)
  • Mouse#4 = firetorps
something like that?

nice interview, I liked it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-26-2009, 03:06 AM
I don't wanna get an infraction, so I'll just say thanks a billion to Zinc and Cryptic for this small nod to us disabled players.

Edit - Oh, and:
Quote:
As we move towards Beta, we will make sure to seek out disabled players as well so that we get constructive feedback during development so we can make additions and changes.
*nudgenudge*

(Sorry, couldn't resist! :p)
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-26-2009, 03:55 AM
I think it will be a good idea, that you are going to let some disable users in to the beta, which will bring some very useful information, like the game interface made easy to use.

the Bajoran wormhole and explore inside, fantastic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-26-2009, 06:46 AM
i dont know why some ppl here dislike the interview somewhat, cause i think its important that no one who want to play this game is at a disadvantage.
i tend to think that some ppl who are disabled and are a fan of the trek universe, like the IP that much, because of the "everything is possible and everyone is important"-thought behind all that.
so from my point of view, the fact that the devs want to make sure that they are able to explore and enjoy it like everyone else is is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-26-2009, 08:09 AM
I am thankfull cos i am color blind and that won't be a hindrance to me in game