Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
DEM has never created more dmg with Rapid Fires or scatters or Faw... but it always still caused dmg.

DEM has an internal limit to its dmg... it provides X amount of strikes per second in my view... if you take a cruiser and put 8 turrets on it and parse the data... and then remove 2 turrets and run the same test the DEM dmg will be the same.
No, it's a per-shot damage, my tests with ACT show this clearly.
I will post the screenshot here of one PVP match (but i have several others).
Conditions for this test were the following:
- 4 generic energy damage tactical consoles
- dual cannons instead of dual heavy ones
- dem2 activated half of the time thanks to technicians doffs
- crf3+crf1 (crf1 fires less because technicians doffs are making crf3 available more often)

Match Result
http://sdrv.ms/RBxqSC

Damage
http://sdrv.ms/QmFpOU

It's actually pretty good and pretty balanced because at the end you get less damage by using dual cannons and generic energy consoles but dem damage is maximized and, depending on the build you're using, you end up doing the same damage you would have done by using DHC+specialized tactical consoles.
But tooltips on consoles and DEM ability must be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
[quote=redricky;6111571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

I am interested in this as well.

Also, does anybody have any idea what DEM bases its crits on?
Dem crits when the weapons shot crits, just like tetryon glider.
Career Officer
# 13
05-19-2013, 07:12 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6111171]
Quote:

Does this mean that BUmping Weapons Power with WeapBatt or EPTW to 160+, using beams and DEM does not provide a huge buff in damage for both DEM or the energy weapons in general?
people are still stuck on that mindset? how many times does it have to be proven both through combat logs and ACT parses to show you cannot "overcharge" your wep power. 125 is the limit. Period.

EmptW does however give you a passive bonus to wep dmg for a small amount of time (5 secs I believe?), some many be getting it confused with that.

Weapons Batts can also boost your dmg output with use of ExoComp Doff, but the boost is not coming from "Overcharging"
Career Officer
# 14
05-19-2013, 07:20 AM
DEM is a great skill in theory, sadly it is way underpowered for what it does. instead of it adding 60-80 dmg per shot/beam direct hull dmg, it should go by a percentage. Maybe 10% level 1 up to 20% shield penetration for level 3.

Last edited by dnaangel9; 05-19-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Captain
# 15
05-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Drop that shovel and step away from the keyboard! This is a necro!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 16
05-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Since when does glider show up in the log? I think you are confusing the two entries with Shield damage and hull damage. (or Bleedtru)

For the DEM dmg phaser vs disruptor or anything else, its consistent and there is no actual dmg boost benefit for using phaser even if the tooltip says so.
Empire Veteran
# 17
05-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Wow, old thread bump. Anyways, DEM with beams will do tickle level damage.

But adding in DHCs and using tac buffs, and it can be pretty effective. Put it on like a D'kora or Fleet Tor'kaht, or a similar ship, and it can be down-right brutal. Even without buffs, I can see DEM 3 hit for about 200-250 damage a DHC shot. Fully buffed it can jump to about 500-700ish range, with it able to crit over the 1k mark pretty easily.

So pretty much DEM just proves the effectiveness of DHCs even more if anything at all.

Captain
# 18
05-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaangel9 View Post
people are still stuck on that mindset? how many times does it have to be proven both through combat logs and ACT parses to show you cannot "overcharge" your wep power. 125 is the limit. Period.

EmptW does however give you a passive bonus to wep dmg for a small amount of time (5 secs I believe?), some many be getting it confused with that.

Weapons Batts can also boost your dmg output with use of ExoComp Doff, but the boost is not coming from "Overcharging"
I think you're missing the point of the buffer provided by overcapping which results in an increase in damage.

Weapon Power affects the damage of each shot. Yes, you cannot go above 125 Weapon Power. However, if you have 125(135) Weapon Power and are say using beams, that's two beams at 125 Weapon Power as opposed to one at 125 and one at 115. Therefore, you have boosted your damage by overcapping. 125(145), 125(155), 125(165), 125(175)...etc, etc, etc.

If you look at your combatlogs/parses...er...you'd see this.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 19
05-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Drop that shovel and step away from the keyboard! This is a necro!!
STO needs Necromancers though...
...fear my alien zombie legions!

edit: Wait, wouldn't that just be playable Borg?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 20
05-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Wow, old thread bump. Anyways, DEM with beams will do tickle level damage.

But adding in DHCs and using tac buffs, and it can be pretty effective. Put it on like a D'kora or Fleet Tor'kaht, or a similar ship, and it can be down-right brutal. Even without buffs, I can see DEM 3 hit for about 200-250 damage a DHC shot. Fully buffed it can jump to about 500-700ish range, with it able to crit over the 1k mark pretty easily.

So pretty much DEM just proves the effectiveness of DHCs even more if anything at all.
Assuming you can keep arc on your Dual or single cannons however, dem will do more damage with those weapons.

(Lower weapon cycle per weapon, and double the ticks (Shots) per cycle) compared to DHC's. If you're totally focussing on DEM dmg anyway