Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, they have to make economic decisions when running the business that STO is. The few hundred Ker'rat regulars won't feed their families.

But then again, how much work could fixing Ker'rat, could even making two more maps like it, really be?
Lets be honest here, they could have change the spawn situation and added more maps if they wanted. Instead they directed their focus elsewhere, whatever that's their perogative.

The real questions are, should it be "fixed" and would more maps help?

Some complain about spawning next to everyone else, but its an open warzone, designed with open pvp in mind, combine that with the fact that it resets after the mention at 3mins? Or so- I would say they left it like that on purpose.
I mean, when I'm kerrating, I notice that honestly most of the time the players don't care about the objective in the middle, they want to pvp it up in some unpredictable situations-its exciting like that-all the spawn does is force them to do it straight away.

So you've got the pvpers getting what they want right? Pvping, the respawn and price of death in there is a small amount of epeen but nothing else. (You can even warp out whilst dead ;/)

And if a player is saying "I'm just here for the dilithium :'[ PLZ don't kill mE!" Then why are they there to begin with, there are better ways to get dilithium without pvp involved. (Can't stand the heat stay out etc.)

As for new zones well, Kerrat is best when there are people in it and fighting becomes a glorious no holds mess, there aren't that many regular kerrat'rs so you add more zones the population will dilute between the zones and the pvp experience will diminish.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Captain
# 12
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
sure they could, but will they? no.

almost 3 years of "we'll get around to it" and almost everything wrong in kerrat has been there since the beta of the game and has been mentioned time and time again.

they just dont care about pvp.
It's a respawn after a restart. Sure it took them a bazillion years to fix stealing a runabout so you didn't take the turbolift to your doom (okay, not a bazillion years - just felt like that)...but it's just a respawn after the restart.

SWITCH (faction)
{
case fed:
spawn fedside;
break;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;
default:
gtfo;
break;
}

If that code were there as players came into the zone initially or after a restart - then folks would spawn in their respective sides. It even allows for case rom: spawn romside; break; to be added if those areas ever became a threesome (though I'm guessing with the way things are going, Roms are just going to be sub-Fed and sub-KDF). Still, it would allow for a Ker'rat style map to be used for multiple teams fighting in an area - have the cases reflect the team numbers, etc, etc, etc.

It's almost like they have the code in place for when a person initially enters the zone, but they're missing the break; on a restart.

So it looks something like:

case fed:
spawn fedside;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;

The Fed spawn is falling through the statement and they are spawning on the KDF side after a restart. You kill them and they will respawn on the Fed side per the norm.

Ugh, I really wish I wasn't Archived Post and I could find all my complaints about Ker'rat...lol.

But yeah, it's been broken since the dawn of time...meh.
Career Officer
# 13
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's a respawn after a restart. Sure it took them a bazillion years to fix stealing a runabout so you didn't take the turbolift to your doom (okay, not a bazillion years - just felt like that)...but it's just a respawn after the restart.

SWITCH (faction)
{
case fed:
spawn fedside;
break;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;
default:
gtfo;
break;
}

If that code were there as players came into the zone initially or after a restart - then folks would spawn in their respective sides. It even allows for case rom: spawn romside; break; to be added if those areas ever became a threesome (though I'm guessing with the way things are going, Roms are just going to be sub-Fed and sub-KDF). Still, it would allow for a Ker'rat style map to be used for multiple teams fighting in an area - have the cases reflect the team numbers, etc, etc, etc.

It's almost like they have the code in place for when a person initially enters the zone, but they're missing the break; on a restart.

So it looks something like:

case fed:
spawn fedside;
case kdf:
spawn kdfside;
break;

The Fed spawn is falling through the statement and they are spawning on the KDF side after a restart. You kill them and they will respawn on the Fed side per the norm.

Ugh, I really wish I wasn't Archived Post and I could find all my complaints about Ker'rat...lol.

But yeah, it's been broken since the dawn of time...meh.

Don't forget, the convoy mission on Tribble season 4 had the same issue of both sides spawning at the same point. They're either very lazy or their code isn't written so that on a fresh map there can be 2 separate spawn points.
Captain
# 14
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The only time I really have a problem with getting spawncamped is when the campers are using plasma, tractor beams, or P2W stuff like graviton pulse, etc. Otherwise, I can usually scramble out of the area quickly enough to avoid getting killed. And I PvP in a hit-and-run Hegh'ta build. Maybe I'm just lucky. . .

That being said, having the Feds respawn after restart on their own side would be great. Heck, I'd like it if the restart were there, but didn't involve everyone warping out and back in (make it like N'Vak, which doesn't do the warping thing).

First and foremost, though, I feel there needs to be more incentive to play in PvP zones like that. By my count, there are exactly 3 space PvP-oriented missions that can be done (on the KDF side, at least). . .all dailies. Kill Federation ships, kill KDF ships, and get killed by other player ships. There are 2-3 other missions for ground PvP, and 1-2 NPC missions that can be done in Ker'rat, as well as the 'complete the mission three times' quest.

I can do the 'kill Federation ships' one really quickly, as it only requires 8 Federation ships, and if I worked in N'vak more I could do the kill KDF one quickly as well. The getting killed one is just boring, and the NPC ones aren't required to be done in Ker'rat.

More missions, interesting missions, would lead to more people being involved in PvP. Make it LUCRATIVE, and the numbers will swell.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Anyway, Ker'rat is too awesome! When the evil Klinguns see me on the map the hunt begins and I always love a tough challenge!
Ironically the broken respawn system adds more fun...but Ker'rat is a good training for a player who wants to improve the ambush tactics or the advantages of team playing, before to fight a real PvP match in arena or c&h.
And the chat is hilarious and sometimes also outrageous!
Ker'rat...no rules, lots of fun!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 16
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Ker'rat is the place I tend to hit when I'm just logging in or switching to an alt I haven't played for a wee while - heading into an Arena or C&H can be very embarrassing otherwise. It's kind of like stretching before doing any exercise...
Captain
# 17
10-16-2012, 11:53 AM
DMZ would ruin the fun of tricobalt mining the spawn in my B'rel which I only do as revenge if one of my other characters without battle cloak gets camped by Feds. Feds seem to camp way more then KDF, but I don't get mad I get even with tricobalt mines and watch them all explode lol.
Captain
# 18
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
DMZ would ruin the fun of tricobalt mining the spawn in my B'rel which I only do as revenge if one of my other characters without battle cloak gets camped by Feds. Feds seem to camp way more then KDF, but I don't get mad I get even with tricobalt mines and watch them all explode lol.
Many of them have no idea that they're spawn camping. They think they're defending their spawn against those pesky KDF...
Career Officer
# 19
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Ker'rat has 2 respawn points. I've found that after getting hit a couple times you will respawn on the opposite side of the match. Which can suck that you have to trail back to get vengeance on those who popped you. But it is a good chance to gain exp on getting out of a tight situation.

You can also just change instances to a less populated map.

Ker'rat is the red headed step child of STO. It's been on the list to be killed. Now I kind of find it endearing, and when I want to kill time or try a build thats where I head. Also easy loot.
Captain
# 20
10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Kerrat is Kerrat, so wtf do you expect? Its a FFA zone so if you venture in there, expect to get ganked, puleverised over and over.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!