Career Officer
# 11
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I am big enough to admit when I am wrong.

Good job... Now...

Minigames, and DuOff manager, thank you.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 12
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
As I mentioned in this thread:
Quote:
This is going to be the initial release/ beta phase, and will have just the first set of features -- it really can only grow from here. We'd love for players to get their hands on what we've developed thus far so we can collect feedback and input. We want the DOFF system available and are working on it -- it's a massive undertaking for Cryptic's Core team and everyone is just as excited for the possibilities as you are ... In order to implement a DOFF system out of the game, these features had to be developed and implemented first. The priorities are spot on for future features to fall in place.
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
This is the type of Dev Blog that would have been best accompanied by the line "Now available on the iTunes App Store and Android Marketplace." followed by links to both of them.
But it's not going to be an "app" per se -- players can access it from their computers through a web browser, or on mobile devices (tablet, smartphones, etc.) through their mobile broswers. Some smartphones/ tablets will even let you "save" a website so an icon is placed on your homescreen for quick access.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Interesting.
When will the KDF version come out?
This is not as good as it used to be...
Captain
# 15
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
But it's not going to be an "app" per se -- players can access it from their computers through a web browser, or on mobile devices (tablet, smartphones, etc.) through their mobile broswers. Some smartphones/ tablets will even let you "save" a website so an icon is placed on your homescreen for quick access.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
And that is a cop out... Mobile browsers are junk at the best of times... and you cant do half the things you would be able to do with a native app.

I was excited... but now Im just sad.

EDIT: And if its a website... why not let us use it now?
Community Moderator
# 16
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But but but we need the ability to say "There's an app for that!"
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Ok, then... if not an app, do you use flash? HTML5?
Republic Veteran
# 18
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Then my curiousity is piqued. I don't have a smart phone, but I have a phone that can access the internet. It's a Verizon Feature Phone, can even play Youtube videos.

Will I be able to access it? Will it require specific plugins, flash, or anything?
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Republic Veteran
# 19
Can I call down an orbital strike while in traffic?

What about dispatch a shuttle to pick up my dry-cleaning?

Randomly beam people where the sun doesn't shine?

Those are the features I think need to be developed before silly things like "doff management." Nuking things from orbit is way WAY more important.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Lt. Commander
# 20
Great job to all involved, a viable mobile presence from Cryptic was a big item on my personal wishlist. Hopefully it will progress into something that includes exclusive mobile-only doff missions or even Exchange access, but for now, this looks great! Kudos to you guys