Career Officer
# 31
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Features as described seem... underwhelming.

But when I turn my gaze from the meager start to the sky of possibilities... my god, it's full of stars.

DOff management, equipment management, remote access to the Exchange, access to chats, mail, remote fleet management for leaders and contribution for members... pretty much anything you do now that's menu and inventory based, could be done through this.
Captain
# 32
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Nice job. Cool feature. Nuff said.

Career Officer
# 33
10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
This certainly sounds like a good start. To be perfectly honest, the only things I'm looking for from this is:
1) DOff Management.
2) Dil Refining.
3) This becoming an actual phone app.
Any other features would just gravy to me.
"If your conscience is bothering you, you should sooth it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the ENTIRE Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, & the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I call that a bargain." - Elim Garak
Career Officer
# 34
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
This is cool beyond words.

I don't know how you guys kept this under wraps. This is the beginning of something really great.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm very excited about this,

BUT.....

CAN WE PLEASE USE LCARS AND NOT BLUECARS?

That is all.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't mind it being a mobile web page (gives possible broader access to devices like feature phones). I am looking forward to future releases, especially DOffing and possibly Starbase and other Fleet Holdings projects; basically, expanding the meta-game outside of the confines of the game client. Being able to work on things offline that will benefit your character(s) online. I look forward to the possibilities

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Captain
# 37
10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
And that is a cop out... Mobile browsers are junk at the best of times... and you cant do half the things you would be able to do with a native app.

I was excited... but now Im just sad.

EDIT: And if its a website... why not let us use it now?
Not at all. I'm heavily involved in e-Commerce and the rule of thumb is: don't build an "app" for its own sake - websites are better.

I don't know what phone you've got, but the IE 9 on my WP7 device works fine. I doubt whatever Safari/Chrome equivalents are available on iPhone and Android are that much worse.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-16-2012, 02:16 PM
looks good, can't wait to see the release!
Captain
# 39
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
I don't know what phone you've got, but the IE 9 on my WP7 device works fine. I doubt whatever Safari/Chrome equivalents are available on iPhone and Android are that much worse.
never bet against idiocy...

Quote:
I'm very excited about this,

BUT.....

CAN WE PLEASE USE LCARS AND NOT BLUECARS?

That is all.

THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS. Or even user configurable skins. Hell if you can make the UI custome colourable we'll love you loads. Promise :p
Republic Veteran
# 40
10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Doff management! Need!
This, that's where I am hoping this leads. I would by a device and stop taking my DS to waiting rooms, I'd take my doffs instead!

Sorry Mario, I love you, but DOFFs!
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||

Last edited by commanderkassy; 10-16-2012 at 02:40 PM.